I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:01:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  President Trump and your health
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: President Trump and your health  (Read 10401 times)
Lis

« on: November 09, 2016, 10:09:02 AM »

To all those who supported Trump, and those who helped create a Republican government in all three branches:  best of luck with continued health care and coverage of your dialysis treatment. I am officially scared for you. (I personally am fortunate to have excellent private insurance.)  If they tried to pass the Social Services Amendments of 1972 which made dialysis covered by the government today, it would not pass. The Republicans could care less if you or die. My question is, why shoot yourself in your foot like this?

Lis
Diagnosed with PKD 2013
Stage 5 ESRD, GFR of 7
Fistula created July 2015
Angioplasty on fistula Jan 2016
Transposition on fistula April 2016
Started training for home hemodialysis July 2016
Started home hemodialysis August 2016
Had five donors try but didn't pass
On waiting list at UCSF
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 10:52:11 AM »

There is TOO damn much money in it for it to change.  If anything Trump will MAKE them tell the truth in billing!

They charge me $80,000 a month but are willing to take $3,000.  Really?  Liars!

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 03:45:16 PM »

(I personally am fortunate to have excellent private insurance.)
Which will stop paying for dialysis after 30 months of treatment when you make your mandatory transition to Medicare.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:31:09 PM »

We, the people who voted for Trump are of the opinion that he is going to make lots of things right for the American people. He has his faults, just as all people do, all of which have been revealed and most of which are false, but his heart is with the American people. The election is over and done with. Let's try to acr positive and quit downing the guy before he is even inaugerated.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
nursey66

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 10:43:51 PM »

Lots of prayers needed to get through this,  I expect to be flat broke by the time he is done !  They already said taxes on wealthy going down more than half , and lower incomes will pay more !  I'm sure he will make Medicare unaffordable!  I see the donut hole growing way bigger instead of going away like was promised. I see no way Trump will be helpful to anyone with Renal problems !!
Maggie and Jeff

Life as a Pincushion

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 10:48:33 PM »

Lets all pray the president elect Trump will be used by God to do Gods work in our country.

The LORD is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

Jeff is the needle pusher Maggie is the pincushion.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 06:23:01 AM »

Here is President Elect Trump's Health Plan

DONALD TRUMP'S VISION

To view Mr. Trump's position, visit: www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform

Repeal and replace Obamacare with Health Savings Accounts (HSAs).
Work with Congress to create a patient-centered health care system that promotes choice, quality, and affordability.
Work with states to establish high-risk pools to ensure access to coverage for individuals who have not maintained continuous coverage.
Allow people to purchase insurance across state lines, in all 50 states, creating a dynamic market.
Maximize flexibility for states via block grants so that local leaders can design innovative Medicaid programs that will better serve their low-income citizens.

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 07:15:22 AM »

We, the people who voted for Trump are of the opinion that he is going to make lots of things right for the American people. He has his faults, just as all people do, all of which have been revealed and most of which are false, but his heart is with the American people. The election is over and done with. Let's try to acr positive and quit downing the guy before he is even inaugerated.

We, the people, voted for a president in 2008.  Mitch McConnell and his cadre plotted on our newly elected president's Inauguration Day to do everything they could to make him a one term president.  Do not expect that the majority of people who voted against Trump in this election are going to be so forgiving.  Why did you not urge Congress to "act positive" back in 2008?  I have told you this before.  Your Mitch McConnell destroyed any unity in this country, following in the footsteps of Newt Gingrich.  And now it looks very possible that Mr.Gingrich could be in Trumps Cabinet. 

Mr. Trump may become the president, but he will never be MY president.  Does this sentiment sound familiar to you?  Have you not been hearing this for the past 8 years?  Well, you will be hearing it for the next 4. 

I wish I could feel differently, but Mr. Trump has yet to show me that he is well equipped for this job, and the names he is floating for cabinet posts are truly frightening.

I do hope Mr. Trump all the success in the world because I do want to see this country grow jobs.  I hope God will help all of us.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 07:34:04 AM »

There were no riots in the streets stopping traffic affecting other people's lives.  There were just parties of celebration for Obama.

We can't do that because it would offend someone.  How sad you are.  I'm sorry for you.

:waiting;

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 01:22:14 PM »

There were no riots in the streets stopping traffic affecting other people's lives.  There were just parties of celebration for Obama.
The gun owners had a 5000 person rally in front of the MA state house protesting a state level action.     It took one Boston cop to maintain order (directing traffic) and everyone went to great lengths not to impede vehicle or pedestrian traffic.   I wonder if the ratio is 1:5000 for anti-Trump rallies.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 02:42:29 AM »

I was in a  CCU , coranary care unit, Tuesday and after the results came starting a 7:30 the place filled up wall too wall it was bizarre.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 07:16:28 AM »

Surrounded by cry-babies.   It was just an election.  Get over it and get on with your life.   It is only one man, he will try to make changes that he and his advisors think will make for a stronger Country, but CONGRESS will have to act, either approve or deny each one.

What is the problem?     Every election has a loser.    What good would it do for all the losers to gather in protest?   Nothing.   What a terrible waste of energy that could have been spent far more constructively.
Lis

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 08:55:43 AM »

As far as the protests go, it is obvious why there are so many more protests now: Trump is a polarizing, provocative figure in a way Obama wasn't. Obama's message was one of conciliation and reaching across the aisle.  Now, while Trump said he didn't want to mess with social security and Medicare, Paul Ryan does. You can tell a lot about the President by who he surrounds himself with. So far, it ain't looking good. (I love how Trump said he wants to drain the swamp but he is surrounding himself with Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie, swamp creatures all.) Take a look at Kansas, Wisconsin and North Carolina if you want to get an idea of what destruction is coming our way. Many dialysis centers have closed causing patients to have to drive really far or move. Paul Ryan just announced that as part of repealing Obamacare he is going to phase out Medicare as we know and replace it with private insurance for retirees and also try and privatize social security. Contrary to popular opinion, both programs are solvent and function very well. I suppose that means tying social security to the stock market. We know how well that went for our pensions in 2008.  So at this point, Trump and Paul Ryan have not agreed on these issues. The only thing standing between Paul Ryan and his extremist ideas is Donald Trump. I hope he stands up to Paul Ryan and keeps his promise to not mess with social security. And if they do mess with Medicare, I hope it is for the good. Those programs are not "entitlements." They are insurance programs we pay into. Turns out lots of older people voted for him. I doubt they will tolerate it if sudden changes are made to social security and Medicare that are not favorable.

Lis
Diagnosed with PKD 2013
Stage 5 ESRD, GFR of 7
Fistula created July 2015
Angioplasty on fistula Jan 2016
Transposition on fistula April 2016
Started training for home hemodialysis July 2016
Started home hemodialysis August 2016
Had five donors try but didn't pass
On waiting list at UCSF
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 09:18:25 AM »

Those programs are not "entitlements." They are insurance programs we pay into.
Bingo - right on.

What makes sense for SS is to charge a SS insurance premium for the "insurance" portion of the payment (disability), and hold the rest in an account (public or private) to which the individual holds title to the assets they have contributed (like a long term savings account).  The R's favor, and the D's oppose, allowing contributors to hold title since it messes up the "from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" aspect of the system.
Kathymac2

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 09:31:51 AM »

Surrounded by cry-babies.   It was just an election.  Get over it and get on with your life.   It is only one man, he will try to make changes that he and his advisors think will make for a stronger Country, but CONGRESS will have to act, either approve or deny each one.

What is the problem?     Every election has a loser.    What good would it do for all the losers to gather in protest?   Nothing.   What a terrible waste of energy that could have been spent far more constructively.

Well said and Amen

Kathy
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 10:03:32 AM »

Surrounded by cry-babies. 
:banghead;

It's called Freedom of Speech as protected under the Constitution.  The American people need to be reminded that we must remain vigilant against governmental tyranny.  Second Amendment rights, anyone?

It was just an election.  Get over it and get on with your life. 

...said the trolls and racists who roiled against President Obama's election.   "Getting on with life" will now be harder for a lot of people who you seem to so casually dismiss.

It is only one man, he will try to make changes that he and his advisors think will make for a stronger Country...

Mr. Trump wants Steve Bannon as his Chief of Staff.  What does that tell you?  This "one man" can cause immense harm.

... but CONGRESS will have to act, either approve or deny each one.

As I've said before, President Elect Trump has PROMISED us that he will "drain the swamp in Washington".  That swamp IS Congress AND it is the entire lobbying industry.  How is he going to work with the very people he has vowed to turf out of DC?

I'm not sure you are the one to judge the validity of how another person spends their time while exercising their right to free speech and assembly.  And if you have to ask "What is the problem", well, that query has left me dumbfounded.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 10:20:12 AM »

When Obama was elected there were not riots in the streets, burning of flags.  And if Hillary were to be elected there would not be rioting in the streets.  The Right doesn't do that crap.  The left does.

When a Policeman (black or white) shoots a black criminal there is RIOTS OMG

When a Black Criminal ambushes 3 Police  Nothing.  Quiet calm weeping.

The Silent Majority....... 

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 01:16:57 PM »

...said the trolls and racists who roiled against President Obama's election. 
It is quite possible for a voter to be against Obama on the merit of his agenda and policies.  It is a cheap shot to imply that someone opposing a candidate who happens to be black is a racist.   Many Obama opponents would take the same position against a white with the same views.

Obama was in office specifically because many white liked his policies over that of his white opponent and voted for him.    Now, compare that to the black voting pattern - 95%+ "voted their race" in the Obama election.   Now, which group was acting in a racist manner?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:18:25 PM by Simon Dog » Logged
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 01:23:02 PM »

Obama was half white and half black.  I was soooo hoping he would demolish race.  But no.  He never mentioned his white half.

That is racist. 

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 02:28:20 PM »

Rerun, no one ever talked about Obama's "white half", certainly no one on the right.  He often spoke of himself as "bi-racial", but since he physically appeared to be more black than white, all anyone saw was his black half.  If he looked more "white", his bi-racial heritage might not have been an issue.  If he had looked more "white", people on the right would not have spent 8 years claiming him to be Muslim and/or not an American citizen.  THAT's racist.

Do you really think that one man can "demolish race"?  What about YOUR responsibility?  What about OUR collective responsibility?  We have been trying to "demolish race" since the days of abolition.  We fought a civil war.  We fought against Jim Crow.  We had to create the Voting Rights Act which this Supreme Court has gutted.  And you are seriously pretending to be so dreadfully disappointed that this one man could not and did not "demolish race" all by himself?

Simon Dog, sure, it is possible for a voter to be against Obama for his agenda and his policies.  It is disingenuous, however,  to play the innocent and refuse to even entertain the thought that such opposition may be entirely race related.  Since you post here on IHD, I am assuming that you are a user of social media in general, and I know you are smart and honest enough to admit that the amount of racial abuse that the Obamas have been subjected to has been no less than extraordinary.  So don't play the "cheap shot" card with me.  And you don't know whether or not "many Obama opponents would take the same position against a white with the same views" because since the racists and the bigots have been so loud and so legion, your supposition is very hard to prove.

Why would you condemn black people, who have suffered so much during the course of American history, for voting for the first black (oh, pardon me, bi-racial) American president?  You can dismiss it as being racist if you'd like, but you cannot claim it to be somehow baffling.  We all vote in our best interests, so no wonder black people voted for a black man instead of yet another old white man from a state that spawned the likes of Joe Arpaio.

I have a question.  Why do you all think that Donald Trump spent so much time for so many years advancing the birther movement?  And why do you all think that so many people were so eager to believe that President Obama was not an American citizen AND that he was Muslim?  All too often, people believe what they want to believe and put aside all critical thinking.  So, why do you all think that so many people WANTED to believe these things?  What did Donald Trump want?  Was he trying to invalidate one presidency so that he could ascend to the next?

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 02:42:52 PM »

If it were not against IHD rules, I'd delete my previous post.  It gets us nowhere.

We are an online community whose main objective is to be a source of information and solace to others who are suffering from ESRD.  I've been a member for almost 10 years, and I respect the struggles of everyone who has ever used this site.

While I find it interesting to engage in political discussion because that's what communities (and families) do, on this occasion, perhaps it is best that we all look forward and support each other through the interesting times ahead.  We are not going to solve anything here, and I for one am hopeful that Mr. Trump will follow through on some of his promises but will rethink some others.  I look forward to a more prosperous country and a less divisive society, but for that to happen, we have to accept responsibility.  Our hopes cannot land on the shoulders of only one person who happens to occupy the White House.

God bless you all.  Let's wish for happy times ahead for our nation and for our world.

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2016, 04:21:37 PM »

I agree but I just have to say Lincoln was a Republican.  A good documentary is Hillary's 2016. 

Ok we can go forward.     :bandance; 

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 05:00:51 PM »

When Obama was elected there were not riots in the streets, burning of flags.  And if Hillary were to be elected there would not be rioting in the streets.  The Right doesn't do that crap.  The left does.

When a Policeman (black or white) shoots a black criminal there is RIOTS OMG

When a Black Criminal ambushes 3 Police  Nothing.  Quiet calm weeping.

The Silent Majority.......

In the past 7 days, 10 policemen have been shot (7 killed) by whites. Where is the coverage and/or outrage?
How quickly you forget the rioting after Obama was elected - the burning of effigies of Obama, the vitriol spewed about his heritage.
I do not approve of rioting, but peaceful protesting is a Constitutional right. MOST (but not all) of the protesting has been peaceful.
You should broaden your consumption of news so that you are not in a Fox News bubble. FYI, Fox News was never intended to serve as an actual news outlet, but as a platform to further a particular agenda. Unfortunately many fell for it.

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 06:32:35 PM »

With the cold and flu season upon us and now college campus "cry in's"   :'(  , I'm gonna stock up on kleenex. Just in case there's a run on kleenex I don't want to be caught without any. Ah, c'mon people, it's not the end of the line.

The Traveling Wilbury's

https://youtu.be/cwqhdRs4jyA

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »

WT   Fox News was the only News that Got it right.  Maybe you need to watch it more often.  Fair and Balanced.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »