I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:24:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Holiday gift exchange 2016
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Holiday gift exchange 2016  (Read 14569 times)
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2016, 02:15:11 PM »

Very clever Kitkatz, I just might start earlier this year too

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 12:45:06 PM »

I have sent out the gifts
I have also received a very pretty shiny package. *tries not to stare at it*
 :yahoo; :clap; :bandance;

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2016, 01:04:44 PM »

I am getting worried. I sent my gift on November 29 and my recipient hasn't posted that it has been received!  ???

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2016, 07:27:30 PM »

I haven't seen either of mine mention anything either, though I haven't been on the IHD FB board... one was sent through my parcel service that my mom's boss uses, because it was going elsewhere in Canada.. the other was sent through regular mail... I'm hoping both have made it...

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2016, 10:18:36 PM »

Riki, your Facebook gift arrived according to my records

kitkatz

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2016, 04:42:09 AM »

That 11 days in the Hospital pulling my PD cath and getting a Perma Cath, switching to Hemo really set me way behind.  My gift has some assembly required, both my sewing machines have a bad attitude right now so I had to go find a sweet 88 y.o. Lady to hem a bunch of new jeans for G'son and assemble my project.  She called me last night to tell me she started, so Hopefully I can have it in the mail Monday.  Late.  I am very well versed in procrastination, but this one I didn't plan very well at all.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2016, 09:07:06 PM »

:welcomesign;
Riki, your Facebook gift arrived according to my records

kitkatz

Thanks... I'm glad to hear it...

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2016, 06:16:42 AM »

Ok, OK, I have to admit that I couldn't wait.  I gave in and opened it the day I got it.

Carrying the bells   Jingling all the way.

Nobody likes a half-assed bell ringer.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »

Look what Kitkatz sent me!!!!!

What a fun box to open! There were so many great things. My absolute favorite was a blank book in my favorite colors.  :flower;

The funniest was the pack of tooth flossers!  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

The grandchildren immediately started vying for the two packages of candy/cookie assortments!  :clap; :bandance;

I love the decorative dish with its inspirational saying.  :cuddle;

I have wanted a solar powered goney (waving cat) for ages. Carl has thought me foolish for wanting one, but I have Kitkatz as my hero!  :2thumbsup;

Plus ornaments, a carabiner (always useful) a dogtag from the Meetup in LV, pencils, a very pretty necklace and a coin purse!  :yahoo;

The gift that will disappear the fastest is the package of Hershey bars.  ;D :guitar:

:thx; :thx; :thx; :thx;

Kitkatz is da bomb!  :o 8) :beer1; :thumbup; :guitar:

Aleta

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2016, 05:05:31 PM »

Victor got a super gift from his Holiday Gift Exchange person.   

Vermont Maple syrup
Coffee Mug with rifles
Military Surplus Magazine
Maple Candies

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2016, 04:25:29 AM »

Oh, REAL Maple Syrup.  Yummy.   I used to have a Relative, long gone now, that sent one of the old style cans every year.   Best stuff ever!
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2016, 10:04:24 AM »

Thank yu soo much Doogal! ;) arf woof woof arf! lol
I dont have a way to post a pic atm, but I got tons of goodies! Thank you so much!
Those gloves and comfy socks are going to really come in handy around here! Scary enough, I almost bought myself some make up brushes, glad i didnt!!
I absolutely love the local things I got!
Thank you so much!!!!

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
KatieV

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2016, 01:40:11 PM »

I got a lovely package all the way from Ireland from Darthvader! 

She sent insulated gloves (in purple!) that I wore to work today.  I needed a pair of gloves; couldn't find ones I liked, so I've been wearing those one-size-fits-all stretchy kind.  These gloves were what I was looking for!  She also sent a hat, very soft slippers, candy canes, a little stuffed bear, makeup brushes (in a tiny duffle bag), and a zebra print manicure set (that will come in handy too - my husband's always misplacing our nail clippers - "don't touch the zebras!").  I especially liked the Shamrock fridge magnet and the book of poems from a local Irish author.

What a great box of goodies!  I'll definitely enjoying using and reading them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 2007 - Brother diagnosed with ESRD, started dialysis 3 days later
April 2007 - Myself and sister also diagnosed with Senior-Loken Syndrome (Juvenile Nephronophthisis and Retintis Pigmentosa)

Since then, I've tried PD three times unsuccessfully, done In-Center hemo, NxStage short daily, Nocturnal NxStage, and had two transplants.  Currently doing NxStage short daily while waiting for a third transplant.

Married Sept. 2011 to my wonderful husband, James, who jumped into NxStage training only 51 days after our wedding!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2016, 01:16:46 AM »

GLM, and Katie.....

You're both very welcome!... GLM, you were lucky to get a decent box of goodies... Dougal HATES shopping!!!... LOL!!!!!!!....

Katie, glad things will be useful... The book of poetry was written by a really good friend of mine....  District Judge Pattwell's poetry is inspiring!.... Mind you, 'inspiring' wouldn't be the word most of Judge P's regular 'clientele' would use to describe him!!!... LOL!!!!.... I'd be in trouble if he heard me calling him 'Judge'... He's always telling me off for that!!!.... Google him!!!...

Love to all...

Darth....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 03:53:09 PM by Darthvadar » Logged

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2016, 01:28:59 AM »

Cassandra was Dougal's SS, and he LOVES his gifts!.... I love one of them, the other????.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!..... Squeaky freaking toy!!!!!!!!!!!!!....... I'm ready to kill him!!!!!.... Mind you, she also sent him a fantastic flashing collar.... VERY handy for our early morning walkies in the dark,... He got a lovely card, too.... He loves his gift, and says a big 'Woof you'.... Personally, I could KILL Cassandra!.... LOL!!!!....

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2016, 01:44:23 AM »

Well, well, well....

Aleta was my SS.... Thank you SO much, Aleta... Apart from that blasted burger shaped squeaky toy for the smutt, that is!!!... That's the most dangerous one... It's so small, the little brute could hide it, he did, and squeaked at 4am!!!!!... Thank you VERY much for that, Aleta!!!!... Love you too... I think!!!!!....

One really special thing she shared is a book that once belonged to our IHD friend, Bernadette from NZ... Better known as 'Hanify'.... I appreciate you parting with it, Aleta!..... I also got lovely handmade soap, two notebooks, a big bag of chocolate.... Dark, and no nut allergy warning... And it's lovely!.... A very cute handmade glass spider... (I LOVE spiders!)... A very nice handmade peacock card, and the most beautiful handmade pen EVER.... I'm SO thrilled with this!.... It's nice and chunky, and easy to hold!...

Thank you very much, Aleta.... I really appreciate your kindness!.....

Darth....

cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2016, 01:46:42 AM »

Glad you loved the collar too, I'm very sorry about the squeaky toy. I didn't realise it was squeaky. What can I say?
I won't be visiting Ireland for a while though, then again, I'll see you coming

;D

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2016, 01:52:48 AM »

Glad you loved the collar too, I'm very sorry about the squeaky toy. I didn't realise it was squeaky. What can I say?
I won't be visiting Ireland for a while though, then again, I'll see you coming

;D

Didn't realise, indeed!!!!!.... Mmmmmmmmmmmm, I believe you.... Thousands wouldn't!!!!!!!.... LOL!..... I'll have the Airport Police keeping an eye out for you!!!!!!.... LOL!!!!!!.... Little hooligan LOVES squeakies!!!!....

Darth....

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2016, 02:12:20 AM »

Well, Kitz wasn't my , or Dougal's Secret Santa, but we got some great gifts!...

Cassandra, and Aleta, your squeakies are almost nice in comparison to what Kitz sent to the smutt..... Take a look at this..... A FIVE FEET LONG, toy with twelve squeaks.... Yes, I said TWELVE squeaks!!!!!.... I'm ready to be admitted to the Home for the Bewildered!!!!!.... And of course, Dougal LOVES it!!!!... And he doesn't just squeak it... He erm, 'admires' it in 'other' ways, too!!!!!.... Let's just say, he gets a bit erm, 'frisky' around it!.... Kitz, I'll have your life when I get hold of you!!!!!!!!.....

And I did REALLY well... Renew hand cream (which I forgot to put in the picture, a cuddly Eyore, a notebook (always needed!), A beautiful music box that playe 'How Great Thou Art' (One of Mum's favourite hymns), and the loveliest doggy picture frame... Think the pic of Dougal looks great in it!... Thank you SO much, Kitz.... You're not too bad, I suppose!... LOL!!!!!....

Darth....

willowtreewren
Member for Life

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2016, 07:31:56 AM »

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

I looked high and low for a squeaky toy that would fit in the box! I'm sooooooo glad Dougal likes it. And what a clever dog he is, to hide it for your enjoyment.

Much love,

Aleta

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2016, 08:04:17 AM »

I looked high and low for a squeaky toy that would fit in the box! I'm sooooooo glad Dougal likes it. And what a clever dog he is, to hide it for your enjoyment.

Much love,

Aleta

Oh yes, Aleta.... I really enjoyed it!!!!!..... What's not to love???...  :sir ken;

Darth....

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2016, 08:54:22 PM »

Charlie B53  thanks for the sweater as my secret santa gift.  I will post a picture as soon as I stop long enough to get one.  It has zippers on the sleeves for easier access in a cold dialysis center.  I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

kitkatz

lifenotonthelist.com

gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2017, 11:54:18 AM »

GLM, and Katie.....

You're both very welcome!... GLM, you were lucky to get a decent box of goodies... Dougal HATES shopping!!!... LOL!!!!!!!....

Katie, glad things will be useful... The book of poetry was written by a really good friend of mine....  District Judge Pattwell's poetry is inspiring!.... Mind you, 'inspiring' wouldn't be the word most of Judge P's regular 'clientele' would use to describe him!!!... LOL!!!!.... He was known as Judge Padlock because of his fondness for custodial sentences!!!.... I'd be in trouble if he heard me calling him 'Judge'... He's always telling me off for that!!!.... Google him!!!...

Love to all...

Darth....

I am right there with ya, Dougal! I am not a fan! I certainly do appreciate it all! I love everything! Those gloves have already come in handy multiple times! (BRRRR!) Woof Bark arf! (happy new year!)

HemoDialysis since 2007
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2017, 12:03:20 PM »

Am I the only one not having received my ss prezzie?

:waiting;

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2017, 04:09:52 PM »

20's again today here in mid-Missouri.  Wore my GOOD gloves, WITH the nice ODGreen Army glove liners, and my finger tips still froze.  I swear this was the worst pain I.ve ever had from the cold.  I never was this way before Dialysis and Diabetus.   This part sucks cause I have always LOVED playing in the snow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »