I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:48:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Diabetes
| | |-+  I have a sweet taste in my mouth
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I have a sweet taste in my mouth  (Read 2674 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: October 16, 2016, 05:52:18 AM »

Lately when I wake up I have this weird taste in my mouth.  It seems sweet.  Could it be the start of diabetes?

I can get rid of it if I eat something but it comes back.  I think at dialysis tonight I will have her test me.  They may not be able to since I'm not diabetic that I know of.

I just had my teeth cleaned and everything looked fine....

I don't have a cold...

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 07:17:34 AM »

Two of the first symptoms of diabetes are excessive urination.  You won't have that on D.  The other is excessive thirst.  The body's natural reaction to a high blood sugar is thirst, in attempt to dilute the blood to a more normal sugar level.  It doesn't work.

Yesterday in WalMart I noticed some Ladies set up at a table doing Health screenings.  Doing BP's, taking blood sugars, playing the 20 questions game of family health history to help determine if a person is more in need of other testing.  If this is happening at a local store and you are mobile today, perhaps ou can fit the visit into your schedule.

While not true of all people, generally many of us diabetics fit a certain physical 'profile'.  With a certain shall I say, side view?  LOL   When looked at from the side some think I could be pregnant?  Wish I were, sometimes,  I would make history and get all kinds of awards, gifts, maybe even prizes!    All jokes aside, many of us have love handles or other somewhat pronounced distributions of body 'mass'.   Yes, I do have some body fat, but I don't tend to think of myself as overly obese.  Pleasantly 'plump' and could stand to lose 40 pounds maybe.  But otherwise I think I am just fine the way I am and not working too hard to change that.  I am comfortable with myself and that is what really matters.   When other peoples opinions start paying my bills, then I will start to care about their opinions.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 11:26:24 AM »

My sugar blood test was 107.  The taste is gone so far today. 

:pray;   I'm a hypochondriac!    :pray;   

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 08:00:21 PM »

Perfect #

Now the real question is how long was it after eating?    Us diabetics that # will rise depending on the carb load of a snack or meal.  Our pancreas doesn't make enough insulin to meet that increase so our sugar rises excessively.  It will eventually come down, the rate depending on activity but it can be a long time with a slow pancreas.   Not good.

I would still venture to bet you are fine.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »