I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:15:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Herbs for Chronic Kidney Failure & Adjunt to Dialysis
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Herbs for Chronic Kidney Failure & Adjunt to Dialysis  (Read 2990 times)
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« on: October 12, 2016, 02:25:06 PM »

This is  a scholarly paper by a world-renown herbologist and professor. I'm attaching the paper as a pdf.

Chronic kidney failure is a significant problem in modern society. Botanical medicine can be used to help forestall the need for dialysis by treating the causes and effects of renal failure, as well as reducing the many adverse effects of dialysis itself.
Botanicals used to treat kidney failure include: Rheum palmatum(Chinese rhubarb, da huang), Ephedra distachya (ephedra) stem, Geranium thunbergii (Thunberg’s cranesbill) root, Cinnamomum cassia (cassia) bark, Bao yuan da huang tang (a decoction of Panax ginseng [Asian ginseng] root, Astragalus membranaceus [astragalus]root, cassia bark, Glycyrrhiza uralensis [licorice] root, and Chinese rhubarb), Lespedeza capitata (round-headed lespdeza), Silybum marianum (milk thistle) seed, Urtica dioica (stinging nettle) seed, Parietaria judaica (pellitory of-the-wall) herb, Orthosiphon stamineus (Java tea), Cordyceps chinensis (cordyceps, Chinese caterpillar fungus), Centella asiatica (gotu kola), and Capsicum spp. (cayenne).

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Fabkiwi06

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 04:58:02 PM »

Thanks for this. My neph and I have been discussing Eastern vs Western medicine lately. Especially since now all my levels are "stellar" (her word, not mine), she feels more comfortable with experimenting with things a little off the beaten path - if there is actual good research behind it. Personally, I'm happy to take the pills if they are guaranteed to work, but I'll always prefer a more homeopathic option if it exists.

surprise kidney failure - oct. 2015
emergency hemo - oct. 2015
switched to pd - dec. 2015
transplant list - apr. 2016
Athena

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 10:41:15 PM »

Thank you so much for this K&S.

Find Cure for CKD now! Please like my facebook page of the same name. Thank you.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 03:54:25 AM »

This is  a scholarly paper by a world-renown herbologist and professor. I'm attaching the paper as a pdf.

Chronic kidney failure is a significant problem in modern society. Botanical medicine can be used to help forestall the need for dialysis by treating the causes and effects of renal failure, as well as reducing the many adverse effects of dialysis itself.
Botanicals used to treat kidney failure include: Rheum palmatum(Chinese rhubarb, da huang), Ephedra distachya (ephedra) stem, Geranium thunbergii (Thunberg’s cranesbill) root, Cinnamomum cassia (cassia) bark, Bao yuan da huang tang (a decoction of Panax ginseng [Asian ginseng] root, Astragalus membranaceus [astragalus]root, cassia bark, Glycyrrhiza uralensis [licorice] root, and Chinese rhubarb), Lespedeza capitata (round-headed lespdeza), Silybum marianum (milk thistle) seed, Urtica dioica (stinging nettle) seed, Parietaria judaica (pellitory of-the-wall) herb, Orthosiphon stamineus (Java tea), Cordyceps chinensis (cordyceps, Chinese caterpillar fungus), Centella asiatica (gotu kola), and Capsicum spp. (cayenne).

Hello Athena, please check-up with your nephrologist and your GP-doctor and please make sure about how to go about it in a professional way. Why do I mention this? Because our ESRF-body has become very fragile and vulnerable and many herbs can be extremely powerful and because of this, it becomes difficult to check-up which dosage of a herb is suitable and which dosage of another herb may be too powerful. Being in ESRF it can become difficult to recognice the power of herbs, especially since there has never been any productive research conducted into their medical assistance. Why has there no productive research been conducted into this? Because there is no money in it since many herbs can be picked-up on our walks in the greens/forests and herbs can be dried at home etc. It is most important not to underestimate the medical power of herb only because school-medicine often fails to take them seriously.
I have been studying herbal books about ESRF for many years and the best assistance I could find came from a book about Father Sebastian Kneipps herbal medical assistance and helps from 1899.
Good luck from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Athena

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 06:14:15 AM »

Thanks Kristina for that message but please be aware that K&S has posted this article about herbal medicine for kidney disease, not me.

For my part, I have always been interested in investigating herbs for my kidney disease but have always found that medical science just never wants to know anything about herbs & I don't see that changing anytime soon. It's a massive risk-taking gamble at the best of times.

Find Cure for CKD now! Please like my facebook page of the same name. Thank you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »