I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:28:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Kidney Cysts
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kidney Cysts  (Read 1902 times)
Whamo
Elite Member

« on: October 10, 2016, 07:22:09 AM »

:P ???  I've read where the longer you're on dialysis the better chance you'll get a kidney cyst.  A doctor spotted mine two years ago, but he doesn't check its status.  I'm afraid it's getting bigger.  Ordinarily doctors say it's no problem, but I don't buy that.  Anyone else out there with a kidney cyst?
LorinnPKD

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 08:13:07 AM »

People with PKD have kidney cysts.  (I have so many kidney cysts that my kidneys are each 9" across because of the mass of the cysts. Massive.  Term they use in my scans is "innumerable" because there are too many to count. And the individual cysts can get quite large.)

Sometimes they burst due to stress, heavy lifting, a bad fall, etc.  Worst that can happen, at least in my case, is an infected cyst/kidney infection, but that hasn't happened to me in years and count have been stopped asap through antibiotics.

Doctors shouldn't be all hand-wavey with you. That's frustrating.  Do you have specific concerns about what can happen?
LorinnPKD

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 08:17:14 AM »

Also, I am told that kidney cysts sometimes appear naturally in healthy older people as they get older, too.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »