I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 11:21:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  A KID invented a portable dialysis machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A KID invented a portable dialysis machine  (Read 2333 times)
jmintuck

« on: October 01, 2016, 11:49:30 PM »

http://www.nephrologynews.com/montreal-teen-testing-portable-dialysis-machine-c/

A 17 yr old girl has made a home made dyalysis kit that is portable. She said it would be useful in scenarios like natural disasters and the like. Imagine what we could use it for!

That is the Gen X generation making the new and better-invented things. Go and read the article.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 08:18:43 PM »

Hasn't been tested on humans, yet.

I am hoping this thing works well enough to set the industry on it's collective ear.    It wouldn't surprise me a bit to find a smart youngster using her brain to develop a very useful cheaper method of cleansing blood.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for this girl, she may have a great future.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 09:11:39 PM »

Here setup shows no connection to the dialysate side of the filter (Toray BG 2.10) and the demo run shows the dialysate pump not running.  Also, there is nothing to indicate a UF pump in the system.

Perhaps she should meet up with that Chinese guy who couldn't afford dialysis and built his own machine out of surplus parts.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »