I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  dark circles under eyes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: dark circles under eyes  (Read 3083 times)
skinnacat

« on: September 22, 2016, 08:45:25 AM »

I have had kidney problems it seems like my entire adult life but when I started to get really sick and in stage 4 renal failure thats when
I noticed I had such dark eyes and I was looking very sick. And it's only gotten worse since I started dialysis...I look VERY DARK around my eyes and
the only way I look okay is to wear makeup. Anyone else have this problem??? Always nice to know I am not the only one.   
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 12:42:44 PM »

Don't know if your dark circles are related to kidney disease or not but I have asthma and my doc told me that my dark circles are signs of not getting enough sleep and something to do with not getting enough oxygen/nutrients in those areas. I bet yours is related to the kidneys. Hopefully someone can answer this for you. My husband has ESRD and sometimes his eyes look puffy and he gets dark circles.

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 02:28:34 PM »

Yup I look like a total zombie without makeup, you're not alone

:cuddle;

Love, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Fabkiwi06

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 07:42:23 PM »

Mine was/is related to my anemia and hemoglobin. I notice dark circles more when I'm in need of my Arenesp shots...

Concealer is my best friend ;)

surprise kidney failure - oct. 2015
emergency hemo - oct. 2015
switched to pd - dec. 2015
transplant list - apr. 2016
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 07:50:55 PM »

LOL   I am soo glad I am a 'Guy'.   I seldom ever look in a mirror.   Don't really give a @#$% how I look.  When I am out I have my dark glasses on.   If I do have 'bags', and I don't doubt that a bit, so what?   I AM tired, all the time.

I guess this is just another one of those big differences between the sexes, or further proof that I am (multiple choice, pick one, or more)
a.   am an a-hole
b.   more than slightly deranged
c.   just another abnormal male

But I haven't lost my marbles, yet.  They are still in my pocket!
Athena

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 06:34:47 AM »

Dehydration is also renowned to cause dark circles under eyes, just to add my 2 cents worth.

Charlie, you're a legend! You've just made me laugh. I think, in alot of ways, males just have it easier. The tons of makeup & haircare chemicals that I have used in my entire life up until now surely has played some negative part in my health.

Find Cure for CKD now! Please like my facebook page of the same name. Thank you.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 08:37:55 AM »

Most people haven't a clue how important sleep quality is to their health and appearance.

Sleep apnea is a very real stress on the human body taking a toll on health and appearance.  Snoring is such a part of their life they never give it a thought.

I can attest to the difference quality sleep can have.  If you snore, you need to get it checked out.   The body demands quality rest in order to relax and heal from the damages inflicted from daily stress.  Many do not realize how they may be using drugs or alcohol to help induce rest, unable to get quality sleep without some form of chemical assistance to reach unconsciousness.  This isn't the healthy way to rest.

Ask your Dr about a sleep study, it can be done at home using a portable recorder to monitor breathing, sound, O2 level and heart rate while you sleep.  Mine was done in-patient and I was allowed to see the results in the morning comparing the before and after recordings.  It made such an impression I have not slept a night in the last 12 years without my CPAP.  Actually wearing out TWO of the units and now using my third.

Check it out.  You will feel and look so much better.  And I am sure it will extend your life with getting proper rest.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 08:13:38 PM »

I have had kidney disease in some form since I was 2 years old and have always had dark shadows/circles around me eyes.  I was accused of having too much make up on as a teen ager.  Imagine the lady's look when I told her I had no make up on (asshat.) 

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »