I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:02:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Other Severe Medical Conditions
| | |-+  Skin yeast infection
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Skin yeast infection  (Read 3194 times)
Athena

« on: August 12, 2016, 07:48:31 AM »

Not a severe medical condition but something that's now cropped up and I suspect a new annoying stubborn thing. I have had toenail fungal infections in the past but now I am having an outbreak on my skin in the trunk area. It looks like some mild hyper-pigmentation patches and my dermatologist has diagnosed it as a skin yeast infection. Has anybody had yeast infections on their skin before? And is it something that can be easily treated?

Find Cure for CKD now! Please like my facebook page of the same name. Thank you.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 08:01:49 AM »

I am a sorta heavy set 'Guy'.  I sweat like crazy, just standing still.    I get yeast infections occasionall in two places, under my right armpit, and the other in the cleft of the thigh, at the junction of the testical sac.    I usually reach for the hand sanitizer, the alcohol give a delightful BURN, but kils it dead immediately.  By the next day you would never know there had been a rash.  Done.

Take a deep breath before application.

I used to by tolnaftate (Spelling?) the jock itch / foot spray or lotions.   The hand sanitizer works much quicker and I can guarentee success.    But beware it WILL be uncomfortable for a few minutes.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 12:00:25 PM »

Teatree oil cream will help too. If the skin is not broken you won't feel a thing. Canesten (clomitrazol) for trunk area

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 12:42:05 PM »

Sometimes I get two little hives on my neck. Yes, just two. I get them when overheated or from anxiety. Anti-bacterial soap or some witch hazel on a cottonball helps the itchies. So does a cool wet washcloth. And when you're in a pinch, even mouthwash acts as a good astringent. A dab of Calamine lotion helps too except that when it dries, it leaves a pink powder on the skin and you have to leave that on for it to help. Sure works good tho for mosquito bites. Another thing that helps is baby powder that comes with cornstarch in it.       

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 02:49:40 PM »

For a general rash (one that itches) apple cider vinegar can knock out the itch for several hours.  It also has healing properties.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »