I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:26:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Personal questions these days....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Personal questions these days....  (Read 3384 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: July 24, 2016, 04:09:40 PM »

I've noticed this in the last couple of years... when you go ANYWHERE to buy something or even the Bank... the clerks ask you personal questions.  I can take the first couple but after that I want to say "NOYB"  None Of Your Business!

Hi How are You?
Good and you?
Great, How was your weekend"
Fine....
What did you do?
(In my head)... NOYB
Went Parasailing... (lie)
Oh wow COOL...

Today at Dutch Brothers Coffee:
Hi how is your day going?
fine and you?
Fine, What did you do today?
(in my head) NOYB
oh not much
Where are you going?
I F'ing LOSE IT.

Really, that is none of your business, that is a real pet peave of mine.. How are you doing? What are you doing, Where are you going, How much money do you make, Where do you work, Just get me my coffee!  Then I yell to the truck who pulled up "Hey, Where ya'all Going?   :waiting;

At that point she probably wiped her finger across the floor and put it in my Ice Caramel Coffee.

:rant;

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:12:18 PM by Rerun » Logged

PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 06:16:15 PM »

On the other hand, there are the zombies to deal with. No "Hello, how are you today? Did you find everything you need? Thank you, please come again!". I've spent a good 10 minutes with store employees before realizing they were illiterate but darned if they didn't know where to go for their latest nose ring, hair dye job and tattoo!  :2thumbsup;

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 06:41:11 PM »

On the other hand, there are the zombies to deal with. No "Hello, how are you today? Did you find everything you need? Thank you, please come again!". I've spent a good 10 minutes with store employees before realizing they were illiterate but darned if they didn't know where to go for their latest nose ring, hair dye job and tattoo!  :2thumbsup;

This reminds me of the time I happened to be with my then 78 year old mom when she picked up her car after having trouble with the sound system.  The guy who fixed it was all sleeved and ringed, but he was the nicest man AND very good at his job.  To see the two of them together talking about her car sound system was such a joy!  My elderly mom and a guy all tatted up, having a little chat and giggling about something or another...  She ignored his piercings and he ignored her advanced age.  There's a lesson there somewhere!! :2thumbsup;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
DayaraLee

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 07:54:00 PM »

My pet peeve is not making eye contact. It's amazing the number of people (retail, service industry, etc.) who can quote all the appropriate customer service phrases - including some of those personal questions - but cannot make eye contact with you. To me, even just a little genuine eye contact can 'speak' volumes.   ::)

Husband Dx - CKD Stage 3, Diabetes Type II, Hypertensive, Stubborn...

"What is love? Love is the absence of judgment."  ~Dalai Lama
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 08:40:25 PM »

The few places I go, I am a regular.  Bank, gas station. Oh, and the different Dr's that I see.   Krogers, and WalMart once in a while.  Most my time is spent in my Barn til I melt enough from the heat I gotta come hide in the house for a while to cool off.

I don't like it much when it rains, or to cold.  Otherwise if it's daylight I try to be outside.

The bank teller and a couple of the cashiers at the gas station know me by name as I ask about their kids.  Having seen them bellies grow throughout their pregnancies and surprised how soon they both returned to work.

I don't think I would care much for someone I didn't know to start asking me questions.  Those couple I am well familiar with is a whole different story.

Same bank, same gas station, 20 years so far.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »