I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Adult Coloring Books
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adult Coloring Books  (Read 3835 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: July 23, 2016, 01:34:25 AM »

Anyone going to admit to having one?  I gave away about  3 and then bought one for myself.  What fun!   I have the colored pencils not crayons or markers.

It is just quiet time and peaceful and then pretty.       :bestwishes; 

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 04:30:53 AM »

I don't have one and most likely wouldn't use one if I did.

My Wife, that's a whole different critter.   She 'buys' stuff.  I couldn't tell you how many sets of colored felt pens, markers, and small boxes of crayons she has stashed around here.  It wouldn't surprise me to find a few coloring books as well but I haven't seen her use one, yet.

But I have witnessed her watching some of those newer cartoons.   The ones that don't make any sense to those of us that really miss Bugs Bunny and so many more from that era.

I may have to suggest that she start coloring.   It could be good exercise for her eyes.   She has too many problems with eye 'bleeds.'    It may be a combination of blood sugar and blood pressure.   Coloring could be verey relaxing and could help reduce BP.   Anything that helps could be a good thing.

She is not faithfully taking the capsules I make for her even though her eye Dr has recommended that she take them. Pot, not enough to have a noticeable effect on mood, but just enough to help reduce occular pressure.  If put into a pipe and lit there would barely be enough for one hit.  Injested orally it takes time to digest so the effect is very slow and gradual, most of the time never even noticed.    I have been wondering about trying it myself for pain.  Who knows?
DayaraLee

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 07:04:21 AM »

When I taught second graders, I colored right along with them - and loved it. I think it's a very calming activity, and you have something to show for it at the end. I haven't had a coloring book at home for a while now, but I might pick one up soon! Crayons would be my choice...   :clap;

Husband Dx - CKD Stage 3, Diabetes Type II, Hypertensive, Stubborn...

"What is love? Love is the absence of judgment."  ~Dalai Lama
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 11:39:36 AM »

I live in WA so there are Pot stores on every corner.  I guess they have brownies and lolly pops as well as several varieties of weed.  My friend takes her 80 year old mother who needs to increase her appetite to get brownies. 

Charlie, if you want to make points with the wife... go get her an "Adult" coloring book... not Dory but they have different shapes or birds and butterflies.  Look at JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby.

:thumbup;

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 08:20:23 PM »

It is completing the circle of life.  Move from soft food and diapers to coloring books, live life, then on to coloring books and finally diapers and soft food.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:42:50 PM by Simon Dog » Logged
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 08:26:42 PM »

It is completing the circle of life.  Move from soft food and diapers to coloring books, live live, then on to coloring books and finally diapers and soft food.

OMG I've been craving Cream of Wheat!   :stressed;  And I have to go POOP!  to late....

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 12:46:32 AM »

I think I will get one this weekend. They say they are very relaxing and I really could use that/

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 01:30:36 AM »

On those nights when my brain just couldn't absorb any more I found light reading (magazines) to be stress free and kind of fun to visit for an escape. Mostly just looking at pictures. The pictures I liked best I would cut out and glue/tape them inside glass frames to create a picture. I suppose you could do the same with coloring books -make yourself some new little decorative pics. I'd find cheap frames made of wood at thrift stores that can be easily painted over. Or put the pictures on card stock to send someone a "Thinking of You" card or "Get Well Soon". In either case, it's a fun escape, easy to do to while away the time. Crafts have a way of making me feel better. But I have to keep the project small or else I get overwhelmed and then it's no fun. Best thing is to not tell anybody so your project doesn't get taken over and hijacked, unless you are wanting company with it. Scrapbooking can be fun.  :guitar: 

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 07:52:04 AM »

OMG I've been craving Cream of Wheat!   :stressed;  And I have to go POOP!  to late....

NOT funny.    I eat LOTS of veggies.  Some mornings I'm fine, until I take that first puff on a cigarette, out in the garage cause I do not smoke in the house.

It is sometimes like described by a few Heroin users I have known.  The body's reaction to the drug is to void, almost immediately.   It is difficult to walk all the way into the bathroom with your cheeks clenched that tightly.

And don't even try to convince me that no one else has had the same typpes of experiences.   It ain't NO fun.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »