I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:05:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Pure Flow issue
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pure Flow issue  (Read 5095 times)
Hootie

« on: May 17, 2016, 08:38:12 AM »

Well, as they say stuff happens...made a new batch  yesterday for treatment this morning.. Walked into treatment room and looked  at Pure Flow machine and it was off. Uh oh... I turned on and off several times but it never came on...earlier this am we did have some thunder and lightening... No apparent surges or flickering of power. However, machine is dead.

First call was to NxStage. Tech rep asked me to exchange cords with cycler (it was able to be powered up). No go. He is sending a new control unit and extra bags for treatment. These guys are good. They are always positive, helpful, and go straight to potential solutions. However, change out of pure flow control unit, change PAK out and drain just made batch is in order before using again.

Moral of story...always have bags available so treatment goes on....we did and treatment is underway.

Caregiver for wife with ESRD and type Type 1 diabetes (almost 50 years).  HHD with NxStage machine January 2015.
Transplanted  December 7, 2016
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 08:42:39 AM »

I'm glad you had the bags Hootie

Love, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 10:22:58 AM »

I've had my pureflow replaced 3 times in 3 years of use

1. Repeated conductivity check failures, fixed with new machine
2. Loose drain connector.  I offered to take the machine apart and fix it but NxStage declined :)
3. Leak inside control unit, dripping large quantities of fluid into tup

Replacement was quick, but not as quick as the System 1 replacement (those tend to happen the next day).
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 12:59:38 PM »

Rarely happens but sometimes when an appliance for instance, the toaster or hairdryer suddenly stop working, I've had to hit the "Reset" button on the electrical outlet. Hasn't happened to our cycler or Pureflow. Recently had a brief power outage that screwed up our clocks but not the Pureflow but also had a brief outage that made the Pureflow alarm but didn't affect anything else. 

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 05:21:11 AM »

I've had my pureflow replaced 3 times in 3 years of use

1. Repeated conductivity check failures, fixed with new machine
2. Loose drain connector.  I offered to take the machine apart and fix it but NxStage declined :)
3. Leak inside control unit, dripping large quantities of fluid into tup

Replacement was quick, but not as quick as the System 1 replacement (those tend to happen the next day).

I have done 3 in one year.

One, heater bad, new chassis, move control unit to new chassis.
Two, bad conductivity tests, replace control unit.
Three, this week ...... we just moved , got a pure flow from the center, three treatment and the heater fails again, just assembled the new chassis last night.

On another note ... I have heard conversation about a bag shortage.  Since I had to use bags for two days I asked for replacements. Need 8, got 5. I only have enough bags for ONE day right now.  Have been promised more being shipped.

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 04:27:31 PM »

I have had very few problems with the Pureflow and cycler. Do I feel bad about that? HECK NO!  :rofl;        (sorry guys, couldn't help myself)  :P

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 05:13:08 PM »

Does the system give you any indication other than cold fluid that the heater failed?
Hootie

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 07:14:15 PM »

Good news...NxStage got new controller to me on schedule. Sent bags via of ups and added bags to monthly delivery that happened right after issue with controller. Logistics company made two trips on Wednesday. First for extra bags and monthly delivery so we could start treatment. In afternoon they came back with bags and controller. Plugged controller in and took old one away.The support technical team gave me chronlogical instructions for new pack, programming sak, and draining full sak in machine.  After bag treatment tuesday and wednesday, we primed pak, drained sak, and made batch. The NxStage team is tremendous!

Life is back to normal.  :clap;

Caregiver for wife with ESRD and type Type 1 diabetes (almost 50 years).  HHD with NxStage machine January 2015.
Transplanted  December 7, 2016
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »