I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:23:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  What Is The Best Dialysis Center, In Your Opinion?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Is The Best Dialysis Center, In Your Opinion?  (Read 6001 times)
Mr Sparky

« on: May 15, 2016, 04:58:10 AM »

I go to Davita and there is alot of good and bad about it in general and not just from the particular one that I have to go to. But compared with the other major ones, Fresenius and ARA or American Renal Associates, which of these thee would you say are the best? There are probably some I haven't heard of. But to my knowledge, I think the three I just named are the ones running the centers.

"Dialysis ain't got nuthin' on me."

-Phoenix
SutureSelf

Hey there!

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 08:02:28 AM »

I go to Davita and there is alot of good and bad about it in general and not just from the particular one that I have to go to. But compared with the other major ones, Fresenius and ARA or American Renal Associates, which of these thee would you say are the best? There are probably some I haven't heard of. But to my knowledge, I think the three I just named are the ones running the centers.

I will no longer associate with a for profit dialysis provider.  After losing my transplant, was with 2 different for profits for 4.5 years and fought with 2 different for profits for 4.5 years and left.  Now with a university medical healthcare facility.  Although they have jobbed out the day to day management to a for profit company, the nephrologists determine medical protocols and the administration more willing to listen to patient concerns than the straight for profits.  My first go round on dialysis I was with a non profit hospital based out patient facility. 

Top 10 Dialysis Providers 2013

Fresenius  -  no dialyzer reuse
DaVita -  dialyzer reuse
Dialysis Clinics, Inc. - reuse
American Renal Associates -  no reuse
US Renal Care - no reuse
DSI Renal - no reuse
Innovative Dialysis Systems - reuse
Satellite Healthcare - reuse
Renal Ventures Management - no reuse
Centers for Dialysis Care  - reuse

PROFILES OF THE 10 LARGEST PROVIDERS - http://www.nephrology-digital.com/201307#&pageSet=11&contentItem=0
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:21:44 AM by SutureSelf » Logged

I started in center hemodialysis as a 22 y.o. in 1978.  Cadaver transplant in 1990 and then back to in center hemodialysis in 2004 (nocturnal shift since 2011) after losing my transplant.  Former Associate  Director/Communications Director of the NKF of Georgia, President of the Atlanta Area AAKP Chapter, and consumer representative to ESRD Network 6.  Self-employed since 1993.

Dialysis prescription:
Sun-Tue-Thur - 6 hours per treatment
Dialysate flow (Qd) - 600 
Blood pump speed(Qb) - 315
Fresenius Optiflux200 NR filter - NO REUSE
Fresenius 2008 K2 dialysis machine
3.0 calcium/2.0 potassium bath
trenton6013

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 09:20:20 PM »

the 2 davita centers I've been to have been good to me so far.  My first dialysis center was through obamacare and it was ok, kind of dirty.  A lot of the techs and RNs were rude and they didn't have good training, meaning when they insert the needles, they just shove them in there whereas the techs and RNs at davita do it very slowly and try not to cause pain especially when they extract some of the blood just before they hook you up to the dialyzer.  Transferring to another davita center was virtually painless. Trying to transfer from a non Davita dialysis center to a Davia dialysis center was like pulling teeth.
ptowncook

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 04:49:30 AM »

I'm late to this party but I wanted to say my center is hospital owned and run, staff training is a seven week program, I dearly love the people who work there.
Were it not for the 12 hours, daytime, it takes I wouldn't mind going, LOL that's why I'm going on PD.
Scarecrow

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 06:05:48 AM »

Unfortunatley DaVita is the only game in town for me, at least without a sizeable drive to other towns.  I'm still alive after 5 years, but the fact that over the last 20 years DaVita has been fined/sued for over a billion dollars (yes billion with a B) for everything from wrongful death and Medicare Fraud down to violations of employer/employee labor laws, is rather troubling.  Feel free to do an Internet Search for "davita fines" for the details.  I can't speak for other providers, but my experience with with Davita has been adequate, but just barely.
lulu836

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 07:47:49 AM »

Top 10 Dialysis Providers 2013

Fresenius  -  no dialyzer reuse
DaVita -  dialyzer reuse

Dialysis Clinics, Inc. - reuse

American Renal Associates -  no reuse
US Renal Care - no reuse
DSI Renal - no reuse
Innovative Dialysis Systems - reuse
Satellite Healthcare - reuse
Renal Ventures Management - no reuse
Centers for Dialysis Care  - reuse

PROFILES OF THE 10 LARGEST PROVIDERS - http://www.nephrology-digital.com/201307#&pageSet=11&contentItem=0

There is absolutely NO reuse at DCI!  I have been there for 4.5 years and  reuse is not done.  It is not-for-profit.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my kidneys the most.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 05:54:43 PM »

I have only been to two clinics.  Fresenius is my regular clinic and I have visited DaVita a few times.

Both clinics did well for me.

I venture to say that there wasn't much difference that I noticed. Both are clean, well staffed, got me in, done, and out again.

I suspect the major difference to be the people working in the clinic, management attitudes.  The fact that I didn't have any problem doesn't really prove anything either way as mine was a very limited exposure to DaVita.
Alexysis

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 08:47:55 AM »

In most cases, it seems the "better dialysis clinic" is always the other clinic in town...
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 01:31:00 PM »

I find most clinics are the same across the board. The np-s have more amenities, while the for profits strip it down  i find you are as comfortab!e at dialysis as you make yourself.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Alexysis

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 04:32:22 PM »

The "best dialysis clinic" is essentially like the "best job".........it's always NOT the one you currently have!
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2019, 09:22:54 AM »

The best clinic is the one you set up at home.
Blake nighsonger

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2019, 09:56:55 AM »

The best clinic is the one you set up at home.

:popcorn; :popcorn; :usaflag;ditto
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2019, 01:28:51 PM »

What Is The Best Dialysis Center, In Your Opinion?

I could tell you, but if I did Kristina might punch me on the nose.  :boxing;

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »