I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:39:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  LIFE IS CHANGING
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LIFE IS CHANGING  (Read 10547 times)
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2016, 06:44:03 PM »

And they change the flow fraction so my time is about the same. This makes no sense to me  nor to my nurse in Indiana with whom we became great friends. My major reason for objecting (since it is not more time) is travelling. All those %#$@ boxes have increased by 50%
Do you have the 1S?  I have the 1 (max dialysate flow 12L/hr; 1S is 14L/hr) and it takes me 3:26 for my 40L Rx.   I can't see how you can do a 60L without a very long treatment time, or a 1S machine that goes over 12L/hr.

If you are using a 1S with flow in excess of 12L/hr on the PureFlow, you will need an alternate Rx when using bags as they are rated for a max flow rate of 12L/hour.
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 08:22:24 AM »

And they change the flow fraction so my time is about the same. This makes no sense to me  nor to my nurse in Indiana with whom we became great friends. My major reason for objecting (since it is not more time) is travelling. All those %#$@ boxes have increased by 50%
Do you have the 1S?  I have the 1 (max dialysate flow 12L/hr; 1S is 14L/hr) and it takes me 3:26 for my 40L Rx.   I can't see how you can do a 60L without a very long treatment time, or a 1S machine that goes over 12L/hr.

If you are using a 1S with flow in excess of 12L/hr on the PureFlow, you will need an alternate Rx when using bags as they are rated for a max flow rate of 12L/hour.
We do have the S. Running at 17.1.

I have told them when I travel I am using 40 liters like before.

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 05:32:03 AM »

Just a few short days at home and the pure flow heater fails.

Lets see, cant run dialysate over 12 if using the express warmer. I can do a little math. 60 liters divided by 12 (not to mention all the 2 resets ) comes out to 5 hours. NOT HAPPENING.

I used 40 liters in bags and set the flow fraction to what it used to be. Also did not have enough bags to hang 60 liters. Should be interesting the hear the center squeal when they see these flow sheets.s

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 07:07:16 AM »

Just a few short days at home and the pure flow heater fails.

Lets see, cant run dialysate over 12 if using the express warmer. I can do a little math. 60 liters divided by 12 (not to mention all the 2 resets ) comes out to 5 hours. NOT HAPPENING.

I used 40 liters in bags and set the flow fraction to what it used to be. Also did not have enough bags to hang 60 liters. Should be interesting the hear the center squeal when they see these flow sheets.s
Are you on 5 or 6 days a week?  It might be worth adding a day if you have to cut back our Rx.

I was scolded at my center - seems i did 2 extra treatments last month (which i did to make my off days fall on particular dates - i did not want to have less than 2 days between treatments).   It seems they bill by the treatment and I caused them all sorts of extra paperwork.
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 05:08:51 PM »

I run only four days a week. When I was at FMC and ran 5 days (including residual urine taken into account) my clearance was way above 3. I talked the neph into increasing time and cutting out a day. I was still over 3 running four days. Never take off more than 2 in a row.

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started on new fistula .
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »