I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:26:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  NxStage customer service __GRRRRR
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NxStage customer service __GRRRRR  (Read 4267 times)
Vt Big Rig

« on: April 06, 2016, 10:49:20 AM »

:Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik;
I have mentioned several times how great I think NxStage tech support is. Customer support not so good

Several days ago I got the message that I needed to check the conductivity sensor on the Pure Flow in so many days. We are getting ready to move so I tried to count how many days I had left. Numbers did not work out so I ordered the test kit. Ran the test Saturday. Failed twice. Called tech support ..... broken ..... will send new control unit.

Ok I need some bags then since I only two days supply. But I don't want many because we are moving. Send me 4 cases please. And I need the warmer lines to connect them. They say I will have to replace the PAK so they want to send new PAK. Please no, I have three and again, I am moving in two weeks.

Shipment arrives .... TWELVE cases of bags (two days more than I asked), three more PAKS, and NO warmer Lines. SO here I sit, a control unit that will take 7 hours to prime and then make a batch, bags galore but nothing to connect them with. SO I wait another day or stay up till 2 AM for a run today. :boxing; :boxing; :boxing; :boxing; :boxing;

Thank you .... I needed to vent!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 07:35:59 AM by Vt Big Rig » Logged

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
Hootie

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 11:15:04 AM »

Never had it that bad but there have been instances where they were going to send things and never did like a spare permanent waste and water line.

Seems like that team is never as focused as the tech support hot line is...they are top notch in customer service!  :clap;

Caregiver for wife with ESRD and type Type 1 diabetes (almost 50 years).  HHD with NxStage machine January 2015.
Transplanted  December 7, 2016
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 01:25:05 PM »

Sorry Vt, do you mind if I have to laugh?

:rofl;

But I feel for you too, I'm not even going into detail about the ridiculousness of customer support sometimes, but they usually do say sorry. Not a big help but....

Good luck with the move

Love and luck, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 03:11:36 PM »

Wow, what a calamity, and you really dont know who to blame. Even if the order was taken correctly it still had to go to a warehouse? In the end it doesnt matter much, does it, as the only one who suffers is YOU!!!. Here is to better service in the very near future.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Xplantdad

Health is not valued till sickness comes. T.Fuller

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 06:03:36 PM »

I can message you with a few names that you can contact-as I have contact information for the director of customer service and a really good customer service supervisor. Let me know if you'd like them.

After all, NXStage can't get better if they don't know where they are failing...  :thumbup;

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)
Holly's Facebook Kidney  page: https://www.facebook.com/Hollys.transplantpage/

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 04:41:55 AM »

I can message you with a few names that you can contact-as I have contact information for the director of customer service and a really good customer service supervisor. Let me know if you'd like them.

After all, NXStage can't get better if they don't know where they are failing...  :thumbup;

I will take those. PM me. Now that I have calmed down a bit I might be able to wrote a coherent letter.

Thanks

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
Xplantdad

Health is not valued till sickness comes. T.Fuller

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 01:16:30 PM »

You bet! PM coming your way.... :beer1;

My name is Bruce and I am the caregiver for my daughter Holly who is 31 years old and received her kidney transplant on December 22, 2016 :)
Holly's Facebook Kidney  page: https://www.facebook.com/Hollys.transplantpage/

Holly had a heart transplant at the age of 5 1/2 months in 1990. Heart is still doing GREAT!  :thumbup;
Holly was on hemodialysis for 2.5 years-We did NXStage home hemo from January 2016 to December 22, 2016
Holly's best Christmas ever occurred on December 22, 2016 when a compassionate family in their time of grief gave Holly the ultimate gift...a kidney!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »