I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:46:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Waiting/stressed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Waiting/stressed  (Read 3788 times)
TheKatGamer

« on: January 16, 2016, 05:23:07 PM »

So I am in the process of getting a transplant just have to get more vaccines which I have to wait 8 weeks between them and then another 30 before I can get the transplant... We are looking for a live donor hopefully by the time I have the vaccines done we will have a match if not I might go on the deceased list I'm not sure though.. I guess I am just really stressed about all that's happening..
nursey66

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 06:25:42 PM »

It really is a long process and lots of hoop to get through. Not really helpful to stress, won't change the out come for you. Take it easy and get all the support and others experiences from this message board. There are lots of people here who have gone through it all. Good luck.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 08:50:56 AM »

Oh, wow!  Why do you have to have so many?  Are you just way behind on getting vaccinated?  I didn't have to get any vaccines during the pre-tx process, so that's what makes me wonder.

The whole process can be really stressful if looked at as a whole.  The trick is to just take each test/vaccination/procedure one by one.  Be sure to keep a written record of absolutely everything...every conversation, every lab result, every appointment made and then attended.  Someone, somewhere along the way will lose a piece of paper, so if you have a copy, you will save yourself a huge amount of time.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 07:38:51 PM »

I read it as & weeks between vaccines and then 30 weeks after the vaccinations are done before being eligible for transplant. I had to have several vaccinations, too. They didn't mention a post-vaccine wait time, except for the shingles vaccine, and I think they only put me on inactive status for 8 weeks. I think it was hepatitis A and B that had a wait time between them, with multiple shots of each.

I hope a living donor works out for you. Do you have ways to stay distracted from the wait? The more you think about it, the longer it is.

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 09:08:10 PM »

I think it was hepatitis A and B that had a wait time between them, with multiple shots of each.
Hep B is generally a series of 3 shots with a wait between each.

I don't think there is a wait time between Hep A and Hep B, but I may be mistaken.  I actually thought I was mistaken once but I turned out to be wrong about that.
SooMK

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 05:32:31 AM »

The transplant path is all about waiting, do this and wait, get this test and wait and so on. If there's a potential live donor there's the waiting for that person to go through the process. And at any point it can fall through. There is no help for it. I hope at the end you are able to get a transplant. A much better answer is needed but meantime you have to try to cope as best you can. Best of luck.

SooMK
Diagnosed with Uromodulin Kidney Disease (ADTKD/UMOD) 2009
Transplant from my wonderful friend, April 2014
Volunteering with Rare Kidney Disease Foundation 2022. rarekidney.org
Focused on treatment and cure for ADTKD/UMOD and MUC1 mutations.
nursey66

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 05:04:58 PM »

Waiting actually continues after the transplant. For me, the spouse of the transplant patient, I think it's worse after. Then you wait for the next Lab test, if it's good your relieved, but then start waiting for the next one, and they do a lot the first few months. My husband is 4 months out from his transplant, so far it's going good. His attitude is so good.  " It is what it is , live today, don't live in worry about tomorrow, that just ruins today ". I wish I could adopt that way of thinking !
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 07:26:26 AM »

You will get there. 

:flower; 

PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 09:02:44 PM »

His attitude is so good.  " It is what it is , live today, don't live in worry about tomorrow, that just ruins today ". I wish I could adopt that way of thinking !

You and me both! Kind of hard not to worry when it was drilled into me at a young age to think ahead and to plan and prepare. There was also "hope for the best but plan for the worst". Seems I need to toss a lot of the skills I learned out the window and start from scratch.  :stressed;

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »