I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:29:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Medical Weed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Medical Weed  (Read 4305 times)
BigDadii

« on: December 04, 2015, 06:55:41 AM »

I have a question. Would and does medical marijuana help  in anyway ESRD

I can do anything through Christ Jesus
stayingalive

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 07:27:48 AM »

I would imagine that medical marijuana is like other meds we may take.  Some of us could benefit from it and others it may affect differently.  That is why there is the discussion going to help people with other debilitating diseases use this as it helps them.  I also think it would depend on other factors or health issues you may be going thru.  I don't believe that medical weed would cure all kidney disease and make kidneys function again.  If so, the lines are about to get really long in a hurry. 

SMILE!!  CAPD since June 2014
Polysystic kidney disease
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 11:34:27 AM »

No it's not a cure for ESRD but I bet it helps with cramps, nausea, and improves appetite.  New Jersey has a
Medical Marajuania bill but our idiot governor has made it useless by excluding almost all conditions.
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 06:24:49 PM »

You, sadly, do have an idiot governor. Hopefully, he won't be our idiot president.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
BigDadii

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 08:16:37 PM »

No it's not a cure for ESRD but I bet it helps with cramps, nausea, and improves appetite.  New Jersey has a
Medical Marajuania bill but our idiot governor has made it useless by excluding almost all conditions.

yeah in my state you have to have cancer or glaucoma. commonwealth

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 11:08:58 AM »

As I understand it, my state, Missouri, is finally looking into it.

Illinois past the medical use and is now establishing growers , processors, and sales locations.  Don't know how long before people can be 'carded' by their Dr''s orders.

Missouri is getting very close to following.

Who knows?  It may not be so long before we follow Washington and Colorado.

All I know is I've been 'clean' since about Sept '81.  And I still miss it sometimes.  Maybe not to use it like I used to, which was even more than the pack of cigarettes I smoke daily.  But maybe a small amount once in a while could have benefits.
BigDadii

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 05:04:19 PM »

All we have to be like is D.C

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 05:59:48 PM »

All we have to be like is D.C
You mean elect a crack smoking mayor because he is the right color?
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 10:02:16 PM »

I think your comment has veered off of the topic into a political statement.  It can also be considered offensive.  Please return to the topic of Medical Weed.

If you want to talk politics there is a political area on the forums for you to hash it all out.

kitkatz,Admin

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
casper2636

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 10:35:14 AM »

I, recently, just got my medical marijuana licence and have been to the dispensary to buy marijuana edibles. They come in Rice Krispies treats, Captin Crunch Treats, Gummy Bears, Cookies, Lollipops, Tinctures and Vapors and, of course, smokable buds. The results have been amazing and positive. My appetite has come back 3 fold (a big battle for me), and  my sleep has been better, and my pain level has gone way down, not gone but down, and my anxiety has lessened. I'm not walking around 'high', just feeling better. At the appointment the Dr. explained that their are different strains of MMJ that do different things. There are 3 kinds. This is all explained. Getting it from the dispensaries is still kind of shady even though it is legal. They are side rooms and ally ways that are discrete, and well guarded. Lots of door buzzers and bouncers in attendance even though it is legal with a licence. It does help me, but everyone is different. I wish this was available to me along time ago. It's not about curing ESRD, but alleviating the symptoms. For those that have the opportunity, it is well worth trying.

P.S. I never smoked it as a youngster, and had no desire to then, or now, for the 'high'.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 11:07:32 AM »

Thanks Casper for the positive comments.

I don't doubt that it is very beneficial for some people.  I recently read a Dialysis thread on unwanted weight lose.  Patients that couldn't maintain their weight due to problems related to their Dialysis.  This may have been in one of the Facebook Dialysis groups.  Your comments to them may be beneficial to some of them although I do not know which states they are in.

I hope it continues to give you positive results.  You give hope to many others from your experience.

Thank you!
BigDadii

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 06:38:57 AM »

Casper you have given me hope. If Virginia were to learn from D.C. and other states we could reap some of the benefits of Medical Weed

cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 11:35:16 AM »

Really possitive indeed, me think I'll start some correspondence about legalising medical weed in this country too.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »