I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 05:23:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I hate dialysis because...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hate dialysis because...  (Read 8528 times)
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2015, 05:00:41 AM »

I am no expert but if your weight gain is mostly caused by over indulging over Thanksgiving than extra days of fluid removal is not going to help and may hurt you. It may not be fluid weight.

You my need an adjustment to your dry weight for a short while and bring it down gradually.

But yes, watching what we eat all the time is another hurdle to overcome. And I hate it.

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
stayingalive

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2015, 10:51:21 AM »

I think we all hate dialysis hence the formation of this website and all the members past and present.  We all face about the same challenges albeit in different ways with sometimes way different outcomes.  We all stand up and confront this disease head on with the help of family, friends, and caregivers.  However, in keeping with the title of this discussion, I hate dialysis simply because of the basic family things I miss out on because this machine keeps calling me at 6:30 p.m. every night.   I LOVE dialysis as it helps to keep me alive to enjoy the times I do get to spend with my wife and family.

SMILE!!  CAPD since June 2014
Polysystic kidney disease
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 12:00:45 PM »

it has ruined going to holiday parties.  They are often scheduled on evenings and time when I am at dialysis. 

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »

All this hate stuff is so depressing.  I prefer to consider myself fortunate that I live in a part of the world where I don't have to worry about "pay or die" clinic policies, and have a very helpful care team that does a great job of supporting home hemo.
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 05:46:07 PM »

All this hate stuff is so depressing.  I prefer to consider myself fortunate that I live in a part of the world where I don't have to worry about "pay or die" clinic policies, and have a very helpful care team that does a great job of supporting home hemo.

Best point of the day!!!!

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2015, 07:55:03 PM »

I hate dialysis because I didn't resolve an alarm fast enough on my husband's cycler the other nite and his blood clotted up and he's already severely anemic. Other than that, "Oh joy!"

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015, 11:30:12 PM »

I hate dialysis because it is currently keeping me from going back to school.. which is also keeping me from opening the travel agency that I've been dreaming about for years

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2015, 12:02:19 AM »

my low BP freaks out dialysis centers when I am visiting.  Nocturnal dialysis is not available in Oklahoma so 4 hours is all that is offered to me.
Dear Lord, I hope I make it through the next two weeks.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2015, 12:50:52 PM »

IHD because now I'm told NOT to fall off ten boat in the summer heat.  I could quite possibly contract a life threatening infection from the river, lake, ocean, etc..

No more diving, pretty much put a damper on everything involving water where I used to get wet.  Now I can only wade IF I don't splash.

Also cuts out those spur of the moment week-ends in the woods, no electricity.  I 'could' take manual bags but I still need to find a reliable method of warming them in a timely manner.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »