I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:26:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Del and willowtreewren meet!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Del and willowtreewren meet!!!  (Read 2391 times)
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« on: August 02, 2015, 06:52:52 PM »

Willowtreewren and her hubby spent a week with us this July.  It was fantastic!!  They got to see icebergs, a moose, a whale and some beautiful scenery!!  We also took them cod fishing and they caught some!!  They enjoyed Newfoundland food while they were here.  Fish and brewis, fried cod, cod tongues, bologna, jiggs dinner were all on the menu.  They seemed to really like the rhubarb cake and tea buns.  tears were shed when we took them to the airport for the flight back to Tennessee.  Hopefully we will meet again.  :thumbup;

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 12:06:28 AM »

I grew up mainly in the Pacific Northwest on the US/Canadian border. Seeing those pictures of Cod brings back memories and stirs my taste buds. Sad. I really need to "go home" some day and get me some real fish and chips.  :'( 

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 06:34:48 AM »

This was truly a trip of a lifetime. Del and Walt are the most amazing people. They opened their home and hearts to us. We simply fell in love with them and Newfoundland. What a beautiful place, ade better by beautiful people. I'll post pictures when I get them transferred to my computer from my phone.

I have to say, that we have been "screeched" in Newfoundland, though.

I yearn for the time we can go back.  :2thumbsup;

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 11:05:23 AM »

I'm not sure why this visit and meeting between the four of you has made me so happy but it has and does each time I think about it. Perhaps it's because I feel that I knew how much you would enjoy each other and also that most Newfoundlanders, ok yes Newfies to their friends, are very special people. A tough climate makes for tough people who understand what counts most...friendship, connection to others and generosity of spirit.
And of course there's the screeching and the cod kissing...weird  is really fun sometimes.  :flower;

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 05:35:06 PM »

Monrein, it was as if we had been friends for years!!!  Walt was so concerned that our house was not good enough LOL.  We had a wonderful time together and we yearn too for when we can spend time together again.  The weather did not cooperate very well for most of the time they were here (it was very cold, foggy and raining)but we enjoyed every minute of hanging together.  Aleta was actually disappointed on Sunday when Walt had the cod all filleted before we got a picture!!  Luckily we caught more on Monday and this time the picture was taken while we were still in the boat.

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 08:27:52 AM »

It was truly a wonderful time. I didn't even mind the weather, because I knew there would be time to enjoy some sun! The time just sharing tales was precious. Here are some pictures!

:pics;

I got a picture of Walt cleaning the fish, Carl and Walt enjoying "our" moose, Del in the boat, and Walt and Del together at one of the many, many places we visited.

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »