I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  life... im on the edge and about to fall.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: life... im on the edge and about to fall.  (Read 3674 times)
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« on: April 16, 2015, 04:43:39 AM »

Things lately have been horrible and i dont even know how to feel anymore....

This year has been so rough. I am in the middle of getting a divorce.my husband told me hes never been in love with me, he loves me like a sister, theres no attraction. so he moved out of state.
 And then I met someone who I get along with well, a true FRIEND.  and we decided to move in together to help each other out. He has a boy too, so we thought itd be nice for them.... Since hes been here, life has actually really been wonderful, for us all. i havent seen my son this happy in a long time. laughing constantly. playing.... and my labs have never been this good! Hes really helped me in many ways.

well I caught the boys fooling around (which im fairly certain was normal childhood curiosity but no one can be certain, so we decided it best they leave..... )
and then to top it off my so-called best friend said she cant be my friend anymore because she doesnt agree with me, that im still talking to the childs father on social media and in text. and hes said hed like to come over to help me out with things i need help with (like putting AC in the window, and finishing up helping clean up the basement (it flooded with crap water - sewer line broke) . because its just all his fault for coming here in the first place. smh then she sent me a really hateful message. I was OK until that point. THis is the message : " give your child up you horrible piece of sh** mom. maybe he can have a chance at life, that way you worthless (c u next tuesday) . who makes sh** up about her health for p*cking attention who is just to f**ng lazy to get off her fat f*ing ass to clean house and take care of her child. "

ugh she knows this whole situation made me feel like a horrible mom, because i should have known this was happening right under our noses. i feel horrible mom for past things too, like marrying my husband, so jareth lost him because im not good enough to even keep a husband happy for more than a few years. he lost out. his real father... i mean... i know ive screwed this kid up. i get that. and with my health the way it is, quite frankly shes probably right.
 i know that most of my illnesses are 'invisible' but i do have very visable stuff too. but i dont lie about my health. i wish i was.
and as far as i know its been ME taking care of my child since he was born. except when im at d, or in the hospital..... and for like 1 year of his life, when i lived at my dads and had HELP. my husband never helped me, with anything, he sat on the couch for a year watching tv, while i paid bills, and served his ass dinner at the couch. so im not sure why she would even say that....
im not even sad over losing her "friendship" because she wasnt a very good friend. she only came around when she wanted me to do her homework, or other stuff like that. if someone better to hang with came along thats where she was at.
she blew me off on numerous occasions, so im not too broken up about it, but that text...... smh

anyway so now my life is in shambles, it seems. left yet again to pick up the shards.

im so close to the edge
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:12:00 AM by gothiclovemonkey » Logged

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 05:19:13 AM »

and im sorry this post is here
i just didnt know what to do or where to turn
the dad is my only "offline" friend and i dont want him to know why she decided to not be my friend anymore, so i dont have that outlet right now....
also want to point at that with the situation there...
I am angry at the older boy, but i also know he too was a premature child, and from my experience with my own son, they just seem to not have the same state of mind as a "normal" child... so im trying to be understanding, that and the poor thng has been through a lot in the past two years... he lost his mom (kidney failure) and hes respectful and kind, like i said, hes basically my son, just a few years older! they are SO much a like, they could be brothers. its weird!!!
i am also somewhat upset that my son ddnt come to me about this, and also at first tried to lie about it, because we have discussed in depth that he should come to me when these feelings arise (hes begun puberty already, and is constantly talking about how hot girls are, so i have had the birds and bees talk with him to some vague extent.... but i also remember when I was his age.... i didnt go to my mom when i was 12 and did something very similar.... soooooo i cant really be too bent over it.
but i do not in any way see how this is anyones "fault", because how the hell could either of us know this was going to happen?! children do things, make mistakes.....
but maybe im wrong???????

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
KarenInWA
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 05:37:27 AM »

Honey, I don't think you did anything wrong because, like you said - how were you to know? It is an unfortunate incident yes, but, not completely out of the whelm considering the ages, circumstances and the big one - hormones. It sounds like this ex-friend is one of those drama queens who has to make a mountain out of a mole hill and fly off the handle at a moment's notice. Does she have anger issues? Because her reaction to you over this was definitely off the handle. IMHO, anyways. Of course, I am not a parent, and never will be one, so not too sure how much weight my thoughts hold. I am so sorry you have to go through all of this, and no, I do not see how you talking to the boy's father is a "bad" thing.

KarenInWA

1996 - Diagnosed with Proteinuria
2000 - Started seeing nephrologist on regular basis
Mar 2010 - Started Aranesp shots - well into CKD4
Dec 1, 2010 - Transplant Eval Appt - Listed on Feb 10, 2012
Apr 18, 2011 - Had fistula placed at GFR 8
April 20, 2011 - Had chest cath placed, GFR 6
April 22, 2011 - Started in-center HD. Continued to work FT and still went out and did things: live theater, concerts, spend time with friends, dine out, etc
May 2011 - My Wonderful Donor offered to get tested!
Oct 2011  - My Wonderful Donor was approved for surgery!
November 23, 2011 - Live-Donor Transplant (Lynette the Kidney gets a new home!)
April 3, 2012 - Routine Post-Tx Biopsy (creatinine went up just a little, from 1.4 to 1.7)
April 7, 2012 - ER admit to hospital, emergency surgery to remove large hematoma caused by biopsy
April 8, 2012 - In hospital dialysis with 2 units of blood
Now: On the mend, getting better! New Goal: No more in-patient hospital stays! More travel and life adventures!
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 05:51:51 AM »

I live my life by one rule do the best you can.  It seems you have done the best you could.  You have a huge load on your shoulders, it's not your fault that your husband was a low life moron, it's not your fault you found a friend and it turned out bad.  Look at every turn you made the best choice you had.  All you can do is make the best choice and not look back.  Please be kind to your self.  This is a tough life all dialysis patients live.  You must realize that you are doing the best you can and it will get better. 
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 06:04:52 AM »

then she sent me a really hateful message.
Please do your best to not listen to vindictive people.  You have to wonder what is so wrong in her life that makes her feel the need to try to hurt you.  Do you best to feel sorry for her and ignore whatever she says.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 01:05:36 PM »

thank you guys
this whole thing is insane.

HemoDialysis since 2007
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 05:47:41 PM »

You haven't done anything wrong.  In fact, you have made all the right decisions taking into consideration your child.

Don't fall for the guilt trip that your supposed 'friend' is trying to lay on you.  She may have other motives, definately not in your best interest.  Forget her and move on.

Your son's Dad will ALWAYS be his Dad.  And you will have to make some allowances for some kind of Father/Son relationship.  But you can draw lines, and bounderies, make rules and stick to them so that Dad knows he stays straight, or stays away.

Stay strong, you will be fine.  It won't always be easy, but you will succeed.
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 05:08:19 AM »

My sons birth father chooses to not be in his life, and ive tried many things to attempt to get him to be in his life, and it doesnt work, unless i pay him...
the man i married that my son considers dad, moved out of state when we broke it off in feb. , but said hed still call and stuff and be there for him (hasnt yet.... but he may once he gets settled? not holding my breath)

currently i am just trying to understand how this even happened
ugh this whole thing is so messed up.
im rather embarrassed that I posted ths for the world to see but i just have no one offline i can really bring this to, and im losing my mind.
too much going on all at once for both my son and me.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:14:14 AM by gothiclovemonkey » Logged

HemoDialysis since 2007
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 05:26:34 AM »

I live my life by one rule do the best you can.  It seems you have done the best you could.  You have a huge load on your shoulders, it's not your fault that your husband was a low life moron, it's not your fault you found a friend and it turned out bad.  Look at every turn you made the best choice you had.  All you can do is make the best choice and not look back.  Please be kind to your self.  This is a tough life all dialysis patients live.  You must realize that you are doing the best you can and it will get better.

Hello gothic,
I agree with everything Michael has already mentioned ...
... and please be kind to yourself ... being on dialysis is already hard enough...
Best wishes from Kristina.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Bambino_Bear

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 05:57:07 PM »

People can be real assholes.  I am so sorry you are going through this. 

Here is a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt that I love:  "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

:grouphug;

I am a caregiver to my wonderful husband,  He is 4p and started PD October 2013. We have several living donors waiting to be tested for a transplant. Dialysis is a bridge to get us where we need to go. 
He had a transplant in November 2019.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 01:07:04 AM »

People can be real assholes.  I am so sorry you are going through this. 

Here is a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt that I love:  "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

:grouphug;

Hello Bambino_Bear,
This is a most beautiful and very true quote you have mentioned here !
Thanks a lot from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Angiepkd

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 04:30:52 PM »

Oh GLM!  What a hard thing to be going through.  I have two boys who were a real handful growing up.  I can't imagine doing it while dealing with D and all the other issues you have had.  There were many times when I felt like I wasn't the best mom.  I always say I may have made mistakes with my kids, but I gave it my all, and never stopped trying to do what I thought was right.  As parents, that is all we can do.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  Just keep moving forward and doing your best.  And never, ever, listen to anyone else's opinion on your parenting!  All families have problems and struggle.  Your friend is no better than you are.  Hang in there!

PKD diagnosis at 17
Cancer May 2011, surgery and no further treatment but placed on 2 year wait for transplant
October 2011 first fistula in left wrist
April 2012 second fistula in upper arm, disconnect of wrist
January 2013, stage 5 ESRD
March 2013 training with NxStage home hemo
April 2013 at home with NxStage
April 2013 fistula revision to reduce flow
May 2013 advised to have double nephrectomy, liver cyst ablation and hernia repair. Awaiting insurance approval to begin transplant testing. Surgery in June.
June 2013 bilateral nephrectomy.
August 2013 finishing testing for transplant, 4 potential donors being tissue typed.
January 2014 husband approved to donate kidney for me
March 4th 2014 received transplant from awesome hubby. Named the new bean FK (fat kidney) lol!  So far we are doing great!
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 05:38:44 AM »

being an adult kinda sucks lol
im still hanging on. and my son seems to be fine... so theres a plus

thank you all for your kind words
<3

HemoDialysis since 2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »