I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:46:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  New from New Jersey
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New from New Jersey  (Read 2532 times)
alpha106611

« on: November 07, 2014, 06:16:11 PM »

From NJ, male, over 40 have been on dialysis for 3.5 years since my transplanted kidney failed. Found this site when I wanted to know which was better Freesinius or Davita. NOT impressed with davita, less each day actually. The medical stuff I can deal with, not new, was on dialysis for 3 then was ridiculously lucky and received a kidney/ pancreas transplant, after about 7 years the kidney failed so back to dialysis and back on a transplant list. I been through it, if anyone has questions please feel free to ask. Long strange trip, but i've been really lucky  most of the time. LOL
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 02:09:34 AM »

Hello, and  :welcomesign; to IHD.... Sorry to hear about your transplant failing... Think a few people on this site are in a similar situation...

Thanks for offering to share your experiences with us... I'm sure we'll be taking you up on that offer!...

Looking forward to seeing lots of you....

Darth... Moderator...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
obsidianom
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 06:57:28 AM »

From NJ, male, over 40 have been on dialysis for 3.5 years since my transplanted kidney failed. Found this site when I wanted to know which was better Freesinius or Davita. NOT impressed with davita, less each day actually. The medical stuff I can deal with, not new, was on dialysis for 3 then was ridiculously lucky and received a kidney/ pancreas transplant, after about 7 years the kidney failed so back to dialysis and back on a transplant list. I been through it, if anyone has questions please feel free to ask. Long strange trip, but i've been really lucky  most of the time. LOL
We are happy with our Fresenius clinic.

My wife is the most important person in my life. Dialysis is an honor to do for her.
NxStage since June 2012 .
When not doing dialysis I am a physician ,for over 25 years now(not a nephrologist)

Any posting here should be used for informational purposes only . Talk to your own doctor about treatment decisions.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »

I too am happy with my Fresinius clinic in Livingston nj.  Great staff very little turnover.  And truly care for the patients
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 05:59:34 AM »

Hello and welcome to IHD.  I'm so glad you found us.  I hope another miracle kidney comes along soon.

Rerun, Admin.   :welcomesign; 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »