I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:04:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hi from Texas
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi from Texas  (Read 2211 times)
dtwbcs

« on: October 16, 2014, 11:12:26 PM »

I am a 49yr male who donated a kidney for my brother. He is doing awesome!
I on the other hand ,am struggling to get  back to normal. Very lethargic now and tire easy. On the Renal diet now :( .My GFR is a 37now with 8months after the surgery. Was informed at 5months it shoulda been a 50.I was at 100 B4 the operation. Had a ultrasound. Some swelling on rt side of remaining kidney(right).Go to Memorial Hermann tomorrow for CT scan.
 Making myself sick from worrying.....
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:27:09 PM by dtwbcs » Logged
obsidianom
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 03:24:38 AM »

I am a 49yr male who donated a kidney for my brother. He is doing awesome!
I on the other hand ,am struggling to get  back to normal. Very lethargic now and tire easy. On the Renal diet now :( .My GFR is a 37now with 8months after the surgery. Was informed at 5months it shoulda been a 50.I was at 100 B4 the operation. Had a ultrasound. Some swelling on rt side of remaining kidney(right).Go to Memorial Hermann tomorrow for CT scan.
 Making myself sick from worrying.....
Hang in there. You are a saint for donating . Sorry it has damaged you. Keep seeing the docs until you get it strightened out. Hopefully it will.

My wife is the most important person in my life. Dialysis is an honor to do for her.
NxStage since June 2012 .
When not doing dialysis I am a physician ,for over 25 years now(not a nephrologist)

Any posting here should be used for informational purposes only . Talk to your own doctor about treatment decisions.
Shaks24

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 04:58:53 AM »

Wow. So so sorry to hear you are going through this. I hope the CT scan shows something that can be corrected and bring you back to feeling well. Let us know how it goes. 

Congestive heart failure 2011
Currently about 19% Kidney Function
September 11, 2013 PD Catheter and Fistula Surgery
September 27, 2013 Started PD
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 07:25:12 AM »

Welcome!  I'm sorry that such a good thing went wrong!  It may or may not help you to know that because you were a donor you shoot to the top of the transplant list.  At least that is what I've read. 

:welcomesign;    :pray;

dtwbcs

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 06:48:40 PM »

Thanks, and I wish I knew about this site when I was taking my Brother to dialysis. He started on Dec 2010.And we were a national match in Dec 2013. The transplant was a national 3way swap. The first for the hospital; so it made the Houston Chronicle, front page. I framed the article and gave it to the dialysis center and also to the transplant facility. :bow; Can't thank them enough for what they did. I was only trying to take care of my Brother.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »