I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:11:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Wrap up Warm October 12th
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrap up Warm October 12th  (Read 2241 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: August 30, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »

There is a growing activity page on Facebook to bring awareness to kidney disease  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wrap-Up-Warm-For-Kidney-Disease/1451864165095884
It is an event taking place everywhere.
People are to wrap up warm for kidney disease,take a picture of them wrapped warm and send post in on October 12th, 2014.
I know some of our members are not Facebook people so here is their idea.Please click LIKE at the top of our page

Feeling cold is a very common complaint for renal patients. Even in hot summer, the patients may not feel warm.
So to make people aware of Chronic Kidney Disease, we are asking everyone on Sunday 12th October to put on hat, scarf, & as many layers as you can manage, then take a selfie with the caption "I am wrapping up warm for Kidney Disease ". We are not looking for cash donations, our aim is to make people more aware of the suffering, and the fact that there is no cure for Kidney Disease. We also hope it will spread awareness of the necessity for Organ Donors a Kidney Transplant, although not a cure is the best treatment available. If you would like to donate something then sign your Organ Donor register to donate your kidneys after you go. #wrapupwarmforkidneydisease
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wrap-Up-Warm-For-Kidney-Disease/1451864165095884
Find us on Twitter @wrapupwarmselfi

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:52:32 AM »

Cool idea.  I'm glad it is not the Ice Bucket Challenge!

lainiepop

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »

I've liked the page on Fb, will be taking part and am sharing it so friends and family will xx

1982 - born with one imperfect kidney and no bladder, parents told i would not survive
1984 - urostomy op
1990 - bladder built out of colon
2007 - birth of son, gfr fall from 3O to 26
July2011 - birth of prem daughter, gfr 17%
August2011 - gfr drop to 10%
29th May2012 - RECEIVED KIDNEY 4/6 match from my wonderful dad !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »