I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:13:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  Doing Hand Cart Wheelies!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Doing Hand Cart Wheelies!  (Read 3558 times)
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« on: August 10, 2014, 06:32:58 PM »

I want to thank whoever suggested the folding "Magna Cart" personal hand truck to move their NxStage cycler and supplies around on. They had posted about it quite a while ago but after much searching, I cannot find the post and want to say THANK YOU to whomever suggested it. I also want to thank my husband, who despite being on dialysis has been working his you-know-what off and went out and bought me this little gift. Just like they said, he found it at Lowes for $25.99. It can hold up to 150 lbs, has little wheels on it that move across carpeting just fine and folds up flat for easy storage. It will sure be nice to move supplies and things around when/where I want and save my back and not worry about my husband lifting things with his fistula and besides, he does enough already (works fulltime for us). SO...today is a GOOD day, I finally have a hand cart and if I was still young enough and thought I could do it without injuring myself, I'd be doing cartwheels! No, seriously, it's little things like this that can make all the difference in the world to a carepartner. So today I celebrate the Magna Cart!  :2thumbsup;
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:44:56 PM by PrimeTimer » Logged

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
amanda100wilson
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 02:00:25 PM »

If it is the upright one and not the flat platform one, I did not find that that one worked with my dialysis machine.  If it is the flat platform type one, I would be interested to know how you get on with it for transporting your machine.  Haven't purchased one yet for travel, but will do sibce in the long run it will work out much cheaper than those airport luggage carts.  I know you can get help from airport staff for lifting but it is not so straightforward, when you need to get from airport to car hire office.

ESRD 22 years
  -PD for 18 months
  -Transplant 10 years
  -PD for 8 years
  -NxStage since October 2011
Healthy people may look upon me as weak because of my illness, but my illness has given me strength that they can't begin to imagine.

Always look on the bright side of life...
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 06:26:58 PM »

If it is the upright one and not the flat platform one, I did not find that that one worked with my dialysis machine.  If it is the flat platform type one, I would be interested to know how you get on with it for transporting your machine.  Haven't purchased one yet for travel, but will do sibce in the long run it will work out much cheaper than those airport luggage carts.  I know you can get help from airport staff for lifting but it is not so straightforward, when you need to get from airport to car hire office.

The one I have stands upright and says it can lift 150 lbs. I haven't tried to move our NxStage cycler with it (cycler weighs about 70 lbs) but I remember the person who had posted about it used it to move their NxStage cycler from their house, down a paved driveway and to their car where they would load their cycler into the trunk. They had included a picture of it being wheeled to their car. Looks like the same one I got. Sorry, wish I could remember the name of the person/poster so I could direct everyone to their post/picture of it.   

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »