I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:44:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Things kids say
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things kids say  (Read 3002 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: August 06, 2014, 10:27:58 AM »

Those of us who have children have stories to tell about things they say.  Even those of you without children have interacted with at least one who said something hilarious, or rude or whatever.
So what are some things kids have said in front of you or you have overheard?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 02:22:15 PM »

My sister had to take her dog to the vet and had her 7 year old grandson with her and he brought his stuffed dog "Oreo".  Before the Vet gave my sister's dog a shot the Vet took "Oreo" and was talking to it and gave it a shot.  The seven year old whispered in Grandma's ear "But Grandma... my dog is not real".  LOL   (Like... what is that idiot doing)

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 05:23:36 AM »

Kids seem so much smarter today.  Constantly exposed to so much more information than we were, they seem to suck it all in like a sponge.   7 y.o. G'son has been with me since his first month so Mom could go back to work.  Just the last two years he has spent a few week-nights at Mom's so he can ride the bus to school.  No school, or sick, he's with me. Once, sick and miserable he told his Mom, "Take me to my PawPaw, He'll take care of me."  Knowing how I treat illness and that I'd do something to get him to not feel so lousy very quickly.

We talk constantly and it drives Gramma absolutely nuts.  Whatever statement he says, if it cintains a word that can have another meaning, as some many in the English language do, I'll latch onto to it and start asking him questions about the other thing, totally changing the subject of what he is trying to talk about and he then has to explain to me what HE's trying to talk about and why I don't understand.  He sometimes tells me I've got Alzheimer's.

He sure likes to argue, and negotiate a later bedtime.  As IF he really does want to stay up and watch the 9 or 10 o'clock news.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 02:05:04 AM »

One of our neighbors gdaughter has caught up with the no smoking thing and now tells people, "well, I don't want to nag you, but you know you are going to die" She is only about 8 years old and I don't smoke, but boy, would I ever love to smack her. Or maybe her Mother or Father.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 07:26:36 AM »

When my friend's little boy was 3, I walked in the room and he was looking at a Motorcycle magazine.  I sat down with him and he was turning through the pages and he stopped and was looking and then he said "I like that"... He was pointing at a girl in a bikini!!!

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 10:43:04 PM »

My nephew was talking with my mother about pictures and old times. My mother mentioned her mother and he asked her: "You had a mother?"

Also he gets very frustrated when his grandmother tries to play Angry birds on her Kindle in front of him. Some how she flips the birds backwards and it makes him crazy.  He will run out of the room screaming or crying!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
lainiepop

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 01:06:27 AM »

My daughter has just turned 3 and her thing at the moment is "need", she seems to be using that word instead of want or would like. at my parents house this week an advert for lelli Kelly shoes comes on she cries "I need these shoes grandma please!" Then at bedtime mum is reading her a story that says someone has a choc ice, I hear her say immediately "I need choc ice please!" Mum laughs and says we don't have that at bedtime and you had one at dinner' I hear her reply, "yes OK grandma, just have biscuit then!" For her size she eats so much. On the bus we stopped outside a bridal shop where she exclaimed at the pretty dresses, mum tells her they're for when you get married, she replies "I know this, you get boy then get babies yay!!" She a bit baby obsessed but I wonder what the people on the bus thought!!! Bless her the other day she asked to see my most recent scar from 9 weeks ago and tells me 'I love this scar mummy cos its pink!" Won't stay that way though.

My almost 7yr old boy came out with a good one. My dad will be 69 in September and my mum has just turned 67 , they said in 10 years they'll get him a car for driving lessons, later when not with them he says to me, but won't they be dead by then!!! I explained some people live til way over 80 or 90, to him that probably seems like an eternity, he thinks I am old at 32 (although then when he finds out some of his friends parents are 42 he then says I'm very young!). Kids and age make me laugh.

1982 - born with one imperfect kidney and no bladder, parents told i would not survive
1984 - urostomy op
1990 - bladder built out of colon
2007 - birth of son, gfr fall from 3O to 26
July2011 - birth of prem daughter, gfr 17%
August2011 - gfr drop to 10%
29th May2012 - RECEIVED KIDNEY 4/6 match from my wonderful dad !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »