I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:47:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Very Very Bad Day
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Very Very Bad Day  (Read 5589 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: February 14, 2006, 10:11:10 PM »

On my way home from dialysis tonight I got in a car accident.  DAMN!  >:D

There were 3 lanes and I was in the middle one, then after this one intersection there were 4 lanes, so I picked the lane to my right, the third one over if you were numbering them 1-4 from left to right.  Anyway, this guy was pulling out of a parking garage and picked the same lane that I did and BAMB!  He hit me.  My passenger side wheels came off the ground.  I thought I was going over, but I didn't.  No one got hurt, thank God.  Bur, I had to have my car towed home because the radiator was leaking.  It is such a PAIN because now I have to have it towed again from my house to a body shop and then I have to rent a car.  I guess the witnesses said I made a bad lane change.  BS...... I was already in the flow of traffic.  If he was pulling out into traffic, it is his responsibility to enter safely.  I had the right of way.  Plus, he had a girl in the car with him and when he pulled over, she got out and left.  She was a witness, and PROBABLY a distraction!!  :o

babi68

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 02:54:08 AM »

Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad that you weren't hurt. I had an accident before christmas and didn't know how I was going to get to dialysis. I ended up using community transport for about 6 weeks while my car was being fixed. Can someone take to you to dialysis while you car is in for repair? Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Take care. Liz :)
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 02:42:51 PM »

Today I had my interview with the Social Worker at the Transplant Clinic, so I had a friend take me because I didn't want to miss that.  I think it went well.  The tow truck is coming today and I'll ride with him to the Autobody Place and rent a car until it is fixed.  I have roadside service that will pay for it.  I couldn't believe how 'gun shy' I was today riding in the car.  I thought everyone was going to hit us.

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 11:04:32 PM »

I feel for you.  I had an accident two days after Christmas and my car was totalled.  The insurance paid me a miserly sum.  However, it was enough to order a used car from Japan.  It will arrive next week.  From then until now, life has been depending on others, waiting here, waiting there, taxis, etc.  Can't wait to get my 'new' vehicle.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 07:02:18 PM »

Well, the "fluid" that was leaking and made my car undrivable.......was windshield wiper fluid!  >:(

So, the good news is I can drive my car until the bodyshop can fit me in.  :)

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 12:03:17 PM »

Well, the "fluid" that was leaking and made my car undrivable.......was windshield wiper fluid!  >:(

So, the good news is I can drive my car until the bodyshop can fit me in.  :)

Oops I forgot to reply to this thread, I saw a few days ago and was going to reply but I got distracted.

Sorry to hear that Rerun, I hate dealing with bodyshops I have not have the greatest experiance with them. One time I went in for a bumper to be fixed and when I went to go pick it up I noticed that they put a big gash in my drivers side door. Well they fixed it but the door had to be repainted and be in the shop another 3 or 4 days.  >:( but at least they paid for the rental. Plus I made them redo the bumper because the paint had swirl marks.  >:(

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 09:35:51 PM »

On my way home from dialysis tonight I got in a car accident.  DAMN!  >:D

There were 3 lanes and I was in the middle one, then after this one intersection there were 4 lanes, so I picked the lane to my right, the third one over if you were numbering them 1-4 from left to right.  Anyway, this guy was pulling out of a parking garage and picked the same lane that I did and BAMB!  He hit me.  My passenger side wheels came off the ground.  I thought I was going over, but I didn't.  No one got hurt, thank God.  Bur, I had to have my car towed home because the radiator was leaking.  It is such a PAIN because now I have to have it towed again from my house to a body shop and then I have to rent a car.  I guess the witnesses said I made a bad lane change.  BS...... I was already in the flow of traffic.  If he was pulling out into traffic, it is his responsibility to enter safely.  I had the right of way.  Plus, he had a girl in the car with him and when he pulled over, she got out and left.  She was a witness, and PROBABLY a distraction!!  :o

I stopped in at State Farm Insurance today to see what the deal is with this accident.  They said they have found it to be "the other driver's fault" and they are trying to get me my $1,000 back that I paid for the deductible!  YIPPEE

I was so happy and GLIB that I wiped out my 'fricken' side mirror on the garage AGAIN!  SHIT!  I shouldn't be on the road!

angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 03:46:19 PM »

Congrats on them trying to get your money back. When someone totalled my car back in 2003 I only got $1100 Cdn and it was not enough to buy a new car as mine was a total write off... The thing is the cop even said it was 100% the other lady's fault .. yet she is still driving and here I am 3 years later .. still no car  :'(

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
sandman

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 09:14:01 PM »

Sorry to hear that you had an accident and thankfully, you are okay.  One thing is good is that you had good insurance and you will have your car back soon, good as new.

The same can not be said for everyone.  You are one of the more fortunate.  It's was maybe 6 years ago, I was taking my ex girlfriends motorcycle to work with me ( I was and still am a motorcycle repair tech ) when out of no where, a woman driving down a cross street to the one I was on, decided that is was more important to see the traffic coming from her right, and not bother looking to her left or stop at the stop sign that she had conveniently not seen or ignored either.  There is a fairly well known statement amongst motorcyclists that says, loud pipes save lives.  In this case, that is so, not true because if it was, she would have heard the loud pipe, the loud horn and tire screeching as I was desperately trying to stop.

Needless to say, the distance to stop was to short and I "T" boned the side of her car between the driver side front door and front wheel, hard.  I was not sure at the time, why she decided to continue driving away but what I was very sure of is that when she did drive away, she drove over my right hand and ankle.  I found out the next day by the police officer who rushed me to the near-by hospital was that she had no insurance at all and that my ex only had the bare minimum liability.  I ( being a secondary driver ) was NOT covered, nor was the repairs to the very wrecked motorcycle that I was left responsible to pay for.  That for me was truely a bad day.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 09:30:43 PM »

Needless to say, the distance to stop was to short and I "T" boned the side of her car between the driver side front door and front wheel, hard.  I was not sure at the time, why she decided to continue driving away but what I was very sure of is that when she did drive away, she drove over my right hand and ankle.  I found out the next day by the police officer who rushed me to the near-by hospital was that she had no insurance at all and that my ex only had the bare minimum liability.  I ( being a secondary driver ) was NOT covered, nor was the repairs to the very wrecked motorcycle that I was left responsible to pay for.  That for me was truely a bad day.
They ever catch that lady??

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
sandman

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 10:06:32 PM »

Of course they did.  She stopped a block away to see if I was still alive.  ::)
Mom3

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 11:48:48 AM »

Or a really lucky day. You were still alive! >:D

Mom 3

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
sandman

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 02:51:10 PM »

Or a really lucky day. You were still alive! >:D

Yeah, that is true.  I have a lot to be thankful for.  I was told by my doctor that I was very lucky that I still have both of my feet and that it could have been much worse if I wasn't wearing protective riding gear.  But you know how doctors always seem to exaggerate a little.  ::)
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 12:55:32 PM »

Insurance or not you can still sue her.  She must have something of value.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »