I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2024, 11:20:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: News Articles
| | |-+  Johnny Depp's Daughter May Need Kidney Transplant
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Johnny Depp's Daughter May Need Kidney Transplant  (Read 5655 times)
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« on: March 21, 2007, 04:10:33 PM »

Johnny Depp's Daughter May Need Kidney Transplant

March 21st, 2007 · Joy Quillinan reports

It was hoped that Johnny Depp’s and Vanessa Paradis’s daughter, Lily Rose was recovering after it was revealed she was suffering from acute blood poisoning from an accident involving a rusty nail, however InTouch are reporting that Lily Rose will have to undergo several rounds of serious treatment.  She will need on-going kidney dialysis “to flush the toxins for her body.”

Johnny, who had been in London for shooting on his latest film, Sweeny Todd, but filming on hold until Lily is doing “much better.”  That may be a long time coming, the report states that Lily has lost “85 to 90% of her kidney function and may need a new kidney, which is a difficult and ardous process to find an appropriate donor.

Hopefully it won’t come to that, this is a tragic story to report on as Vanessa and Johnny are such loving parents, fingers crossed little Lily Rose will have a full recovery

Source:  InTouch

Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 05:50:34 PM »

Poor kid.  :(

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 02:53:11 PM »

Poor girl. What a way to get kidney failure. Hopefully, by being Johnny Depp's daughter, there will be more attention paid
to us. I am sorry it had to happen to such a young child though.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 04:46:30 PM »

It does make the awareness more profound when somebody popular gets a disease. maybe it's good for everyone afflicted. Too bad for Lily Rose.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 04:48:03 PM »

I just read in a magazine that they are looking to put her on the cadaver list??  why isnt Johnny or Giselle donating?  I dont get it?  Am i missing something?  ???

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 05:01:34 PM »

I just read in a magazine that they are looking to put her on the cadaver list??  why isnt Johnny or Giselle donating?  I dont get it?  Am i missing something?  ???

Maybe they don't match? Not every parent matches their child.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 05:06:08 PM »

UPDATE:

E.coli nearly killed Depp's daughter as kidneys shut down

The Daily Mail, 23rd March 2007

Johnny Depp's seven-year-old daughter nearly died when her kidneys shut down after she suffered E.coli food poisoning, it was revealed today.

Lily-Rose is recovering after spending nine days critically ill in an unnamed London hospital where her condition was said to be "touch and go".

The Pirates Of The Caribbean star and his partner, 34-year-old Vanessa Paradis, kept a vigil at their daughter's hospital bedside earlier this month.

Depp, 43, refused to return to the set of his latest film, Sweeney Todd, until she was out of danger, forcing filming to be stopped.

E.coli food poisoning is commonly caused by improperly cooked meat, unpasteurised milk or water contamination. It is a bacteria which normally lives inside the intestines where it helps break down and digest food.

But certain strains can get into the blood causing a rare but very serious infection.

Staff on the Warner Bros set at Pinewood Studios in Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire, were told the illness caused Lily-Rose's kidneys to shut down and she was lucky to survive.

An insider said: "Everyone gasped when we were given the real reason for her illness. It was touch and go for a while."

Occurrences of E.coli have increased in recent years, with up to 1,000 people contracting the disease in the UK each year.

It is particularly serious in vulnerable people such as the elderly or children under the age of five, with long-term effects which can include kidney damage, paralysis or blindness. The mortality rate among the elderly is 50 per cent.

Doctors do not prescribe antibiotics and commonly allow the illness to run its cause, which usually lasts about a week.

Depp has starred in Hollywood blockbusters, including the Pirates Of The Caribbean trilogy, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Sleepy Hollow and Edward Scissorhands, while his partner Ms Paradis is an actress and singer.

The couple also have a four-year-old son John Jack. Depp has spoken in the past of the effect being a father has had on his life.

"I just want to watch my kids grow up and make sure they're healthy and happy," he said. "They are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I never thought it was possible to feel such profound, deep love.

"Being a dad has given me great strength, great perspective, great calm. More than anything - I love being with my family."

Filming of Sweeney Todd, which co-stars Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen, will resume on Monday, said the producers Warner Bros.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 09:51:53 AM »

Also it is not unusually to put someone on the cadaver list first even if they may have a donor.  This way if the donor doesn't match the person they can still donate with the benefit that the person on the list actually gets bumped to the top.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 12:12:28 PM »

Food poisoning?? I thought they said it was due to her stepping on a rusty nail, which got infected and caused blood poisoning.   ???

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 07:46:12 PM »

Now you know why your not supposed to chew your nails.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »