I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:35:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello my dialysis friends
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello my dialysis friends  (Read 3170 times)
julies1963

« on: June 10, 2014, 12:14:04 PM »

Just wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little about me.  I am a fifty years old, married, and have stage 5 chronic kidney failure.  This really sucks.  I have been on dialysis for 6 months.  After being in denial and depression now is the time to face this and do what  has to be done!!
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 01:05:42 PM »

Hello Julies....  :welcomesign; to IHD...

Believe me, depression and desperation are common themes when discussing this disease....

Visit us often, post whenever you wish... Rant away... That's why we're here!....

Look forward to hearing more about you...

Darth, Moderator...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 02:33:30 PM »

After being in denial and depression now is the time to face this and do what  has to be done!!
Have you considered home dialysis?  For some of us, it represents getting a major chunk of our life back.   It's not for everyone but if you are motivated, you could find it a life changing experience.
Ninanna

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 03:40:38 PM »

Hi and welcome to the site! :)

Spring 2006 - Diagnosed with IgA nephropathy
June 2013 - Listed on transplant list
Feb 4th 2014 - Kidney and bone marrow tx (both from my mother) as part of a clinical trial at Hopkins
Bambino_Bear

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 06:54:10 PM »

:welcomesign;

I am a caregiver to my wonderful husband,  He is 4p and started PD October 2013. We have several living donors waiting to be tested for a transplant. Dialysis is a bridge to get us where we need to go. 
He had a transplant in November 2019.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 12:21:41 AM »

Welcome, julies!  :welcomesign;  Anger, denial and depression are specialties here...as are solutions, support and smiles. I think for me it's about letting myself feel my own emotions and make decisions that I think I can best or easier accept and be comfortable with. It's my husband who is the dialysis patient, I am the care-partner. We do home hemodialysis 5 nights a week. I have not only had to learn how to setup and run the machine (NxStage Cycler with the Pureflow machine) but how to arrange our little apartment and schedule in such a way that treatment can be done while at the same time keeping a sense of normalcy about the place. Not easy! But we've been doing this for several months now and I just keep trying out new ideas until we feel more comfortable with our setup here at home and making our routine easier. Takes time so take a deep breath and don't be afraid to ask questions or to keep trying to find new ways that are best suited for YOU to accept your new lifestyle. Good luck to ya!  :thumbup;

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
julies1963

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 03:18:53 PM »

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement.  I agree, this is just as hard on our loved ones as it is on us.  It really helps now that I found people who truly understand.  Thanks for welcoming me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »