I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:02:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  talker on AT&T yahoo new version email
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: talker on AT&T yahoo new version email  (Read 2753 times)
talker

Talkers oil painting

« on: April 25, 2014, 05:14:29 PM »

Well I don't just 'not like' the AT&T yahoo new version email, but I'm stuck for word's that really describe it. :puke;

It is (at least for me) :                      :Kit n Stik;
                             clumsy
                             filled with ads
                             to narrow a viewing area
                             never know which style email is going to show up
                              the delete is in a dangerous location
                              the search function is awkward

There was for a few years a reasonably 'fair' yahoo email, but no longer is 'fair' but 'BAD' now.

Were I able to readily change all the locations that have my email address, (like my blog) I would change providers without hesitation.       

talker                             

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:19:56 PM by talker » Logged

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 11:05:57 AM »

I agree with you... When I first started using a computer ...
...my yahoo mail was easy accessible and I did not come across many commercials ...
Now yahoo flashes regularly with commercials (as if I could get interested in it...)
...and I have to be on my guard because yahoo changes the set-up so often...
... and all I want is to read my mail...
... I prefer simple things to remain simple ... and I don't find continuous changes of the yahoo set-up exciting ...
...  Also: yahoo news regularly point out unimportant events which seem to be without any significance...
... whereas really important matters are not even mentioned in the yahoo news...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 11:16:27 AM »

Thank you kristina,

Was thinking that in my, ahemm, maturity, I was getting to finicky for my own good. Ha HA.
I wouldn't complain if Yahoo would at least stick to one version   :bow;
Today, three different versions came up. :Kit n Stik;

talker

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 01:10:56 PM »

I've been using Outlook Express for more years than I can remember.

It will poll all my mail accounts once you know how to set it up.  Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, even my old Netscape account which of course is now aol, and of course mine and the wife's mail at our ISP.

To weed out all the Spam I subscribed, or bought into MailWasher.  This utility polls all my mail accounts downloading only the first ten lines.  Compares all senders to two different spam listing and also compiles a list based on what I have chosen to be spam.  Marks all this junk for deletion so that after I check the list and hit the 'Process' button it deletes all the junk at the servers.   Once all the Spam has been deleted then it opens my mail program (OE) and only downloads what little real mail I have selected.

MailWasher has a new version out, I didn't care for it and reverted to the older version, works fine.

By using OE I don't have to go through any of the web based mail sites and put up with any ads.

There are other mail programs out there that work, I just haven't used them as OE has been fine.  OE also handles newsgroups which I used to follow a few a lot.  Many of those groups are now choked with spam so I don't get into there much now days.  Some of the tech groups work great at solving a problem, pretty much the same as a lot of forums.

talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 01:59:20 PM »

Be aware that OE as we knew it is going away, same as Win XP.   :oops;

Win 7 / Win 8 has NO OE, but a poor substitute called Live Mail.  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
Not installed either of the above OS's yet. 

Not tried it but here is a link to OE Classic:   :cheer:

http://www.oeclassic.com/ar-outlook-express-windows-7

Not aware of how it is in actual use, use at your own risk.

talker
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:05:01 PM by talker » Logged

Be Well

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »