I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:37:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  I'm Here!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm Here!  (Read 3666 times)
karamcl1122

« on: April 16, 2014, 12:55:20 AM »

Hello everyone!
So I finally decided to join after over a year of reading many many posts on this site. A little about me...my name is Kara and I'm 26 years old from Georgia. I was first diagnosed with esrd in April 2012. I had no idea anything was wrong with me until I had a simple blood test and it came back that I was in kidney failure. My GFR was down to 7. I had to start emergency dialysis because my potassium was at a lethal level. Needless to say I was in total shock. Turns out i have an auto immune disease called IGA nephropathy. I started out doing hemo but I am now on peritoneal dialysis. I have been on the transplant list for a year and a half.
If it wasn't for my mom insisting that I get my health checked then I probly wouldn't be here right now. I thank god everyday for giving me a second chance at life!

Kara
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:00:15 AM by karamcl1122 » Logged
Bambino_Bear

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 01:03:30 AM »

:welcomesign;

I am a caregiver to my wonderful husband,  He is 4p and started PD October 2013. We have several living donors waiting to be tested for a transplant. Dialysis is a bridge to get us where we need to go. 
He had a transplant in November 2019.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 01:17:54 AM »

We are glad you found this site, and   :welcomesign;  to IHD!!

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 06:51:22 AM »

:welcomesign; to IHD....

Think you'll like it here.....

Come and contribute often... We like to chat!...

Darth, Moderator...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 10:04:18 AM »

Hello everyone!
So I finally decided to join after over a year of reading many many posts on this site. A little about me...my name is Kara and I'm 26 years old from Georgia. I was first diagnosed with esrd in April 2012. I had no idea anything was wrong with me until I had a simple blood test and it came back that I was in kidney failure. My GFR was down to 7. I had to start emergency dialysis because my potassium was at a lethal level. Needless to say I was in total shock. Turns out i have an auto immune disease called IGA nephropathy. I started out doing hemo but I am now on peritoneal dialysis. I have been on the transplant list for a year and a half.
If it wasn't for my mom insisting that I get my health checked then I probly wouldn't be here right now. I thank god everyday for giving me a second chance at life!

Kara
First off lets get mom a    :flower;  and a :bow;   Many adult offspring just don't like moms or pops saying anything,       :Kit n Stik;

Happy for you that you did get medically checked out.    :yahoo;

Best of the best for you.   :welcomesign;

talker

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
Ninanna

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 12:47:18 PM »

Welcome Kara! I too have IgA. I hope you find all the support and information you need.

Spring 2006 - Diagnosed with IgA nephropathy
June 2013 - Listed on transplant list
Feb 4th 2014 - Kidney and bone marrow tx (both from my mother) as part of a clinical trial at Hopkins
nataliemac

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 04:59:12 PM »

:welcomesign;
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 06:19:13 AM »

Hello Kara, and  :welcomesign; to ihd.com!

;D

Poppylicious, Moderator
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:26:48 AM by Poppylicious » Logged

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »