I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:34:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello from Wisconsin
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello from Wisconsin  (Read 5074 times)
alc1013

« on: February 22, 2014, 05:30:08 AM »

Hi all,
This is my first time posting but have been reading here for a long time. I am a 37 year old diagnosed with FSGS 7 years ago and have been on dialysis for 5 years thanks to a bad reaction to Cyclosplorine. I am currently on the waiting list for a transplant at UW Madison. I also am married with a 7 year old daughter. I homeschool her when I'm not in dialysis (she stays with my Mom when I'm gone) and my husband is a Mail Man dealing with the winter from hell. Anyways thought it was time to introduce myself as there has been many times I've wanted to chime in but couldn't. So that is the quick version.

Amy
FSGS
Transplant 8/27/2014
FSGS recurred 1 week later
currently treating with plasmapheresis
cattlekid
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 07:08:20 AM »

Welcome!  From where do you hail in Wisconsin, if you don't mind me asking?  I lived in Madison for three years and my ex-husband is from South Milwaukee.   I currently live in enemy territory in the Chicago suburbs.  I received my transplant from University of Wisconsin last April. 

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you would like.  MooseMom is also a good resource as she got her transplant from University of Wisconsin as well. 
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 08:21:00 AM »

Hi Amy and  :welcomesign; to ihd!

Chime in often!

;D

Poppylicious, Moderator

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 11:55:20 AM »

Hello Amy....

Welcome to the greatest support site you'll ever know....

We're a friendly bunch who take care of each other...

Visit and post often...

Darth, Moderator...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 02:51:38 PM »

Welcome to the site Amy

:welcomesign;

Take care, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
alc1013

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 06:34:57 AM »

Thanks for the welcome.

Cattlekid, we live in Rhinelander, WI which is about 3 hrs. north of Madison. :)

I have been a member of this site since I started dialysis (so for about 5 years) and have followed closely anything to do with FSGS,  transplants etc. Like I said there has been times I've wanted to chime in but just hadn't taken the time to introduce myself :)

Amy
FSGS
Transplant 8/27/2014
FSGS recurred 1 week later
currently treating with plasmapheresis
kai0206

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 11:01:29 AM »

:welcomesign;

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson

July 2010 - diagnosed with FSGS
February 13, 2014 - PD catheter Surgery
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 03:26:40 PM »

Hello and welcome to IHD....

I do hope everything works out alright with your transplant list very soon...

... and I wish you all the best and good luck from Kristina...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 06:46:30 AM »

Hi all,
This is my first time posting but have been reading here for a long time. I am a 37 year old diagnosed with FSGS 7 years ago and have been on dialysis for 5 years thanks to a bad reaction to Cyclosplorine. I am currently on the waiting list for a transplant at UW Madison. I also am married with a 7 year old daughter. I homeschool her when I'm not in dialysis (she stays with my Mom when I'm gone) and my husband is a Mail Man dealing with the winter from hell. Anyways thought it was time to introduce myself as there has been many times I've wanted to chime in but couldn't. So that is the quick version.
Welcome.

Ah, the memories of Rhinelander.
Used to enjoy the burgers and beer, next door, to the old Montgomery Ward store.
Almost regret leaving that city, to return to Chicago.
And yes winters can be brutal in any central US northern state.

talker

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 10:35:30 AM »

Welcome!  From where do you hail in Wisconsin, if you don't mind me asking?  I lived in Madison for three years and my ex-husband is from South Milwaukee.   I currently live in enemy territory in the Chicago suburbs.  I received my transplant from University of Wisconsin last April. 

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you would like.  MooseMom is also a good resource as she got her transplant from University of Wisconsin as well.

Yes I did!  UW Madison has been terrific.

Cattlekid, the Chicago suburbs are "enemy territory"?  LOL!  I'm originally from Texas, so being up here feels weird to me, too.

alc, I was diagnosed with fsgs, too.  I'm really sorry that cyclosporine ruined your kidneys.  I was on that drug for about 7 years, and it preserved my kidney function for all that time, but once my egfr went below 20, it obviously wasn't helping anymore.  Cyclosporine is nephrotoxic, so the dosage has to be very carefully managed.  Anyway, I'm glad you have joined IHD!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »