I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:11:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Medicare/Insurance
| | |-+  medicare cancellation and I haven't even gotten my card yet???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: medicare cancellation and I haven't even gotten my card yet???  (Read 4513 times)
marlinfshr

« on: November 08, 2013, 03:11:15 PM »

I find thios strange but perhaps it's normal with medicare.

I applied for SSDI back in May, was approved and should get my first check deposited at the end of the month. The lady even confirmed that when I recently applied for medicare.

On Oct 31st I had a phone interview to apply for medicare and she later asked when I wanted it to go into effect. I stated I would like it affective Jan. 1st. I thought I was applying for part A & B.

Today I recieved an application in the mail. However it was a "Request For Withdrawal Of Application" with a handwritten note attached telling me to complete where checked and return ASAP. I need to fill out where it is highlighted and explain my reason for withdrawal.Then I must sign it and send it back to them.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Is this a normal thing for them to send out? I don't know if it's for my SSDI or the recent phone application I did for medicare. They have filled in as the type of benifit I want cancelled as ESRD-medicare. I am totally confuseda s I though I was applying FOR medicare. Not to withdraw from something I don't even have yet.
Shaks24

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 04:48:49 PM »

Did you get a number you can call to talk to same person? I would just try to make sure they don't cancel your ssdi.

Congestive heart failure 2011
Currently about 19% Kidney Function
September 11, 2013 PD Catheter and Fistula Surgery
September 27, 2013 Started PD
marlinfshr

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 05:36:13 PM »

I ended up getting through to the national center tonight. My local office was closed. They said everything was alright as far as medicare approval and I will get my ssdi payment at the end of the month. He had no idea what the reason was that I received that. I guess I'll have to go to my local office at the beginning of the week but at least I feel better now that they're computer was showing everything is OK.

Now one thing I thought of after the fact is that during the interview they said it would go into effect as of this past August 1st. and that's the way it had to  be. Then about 15 minutes later they called back and asked when I wanted it to go into affect. I wanted it to go into affect January 1st as my current insurance has payed for all my dialysis and I have paid my maximum OOP for the year. I really don't have the money to pay 5 month's of useless medicare premiums going back a few month's plus any other charges for a service I've already received and they said that was OK. So perhaps this is to cancel any thing that went into affect for this year. But I'm not signing anything until I talk to the people at my local office.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 06:18:37 PM »

Interesting.  Let us know what happens.

:waiting;

appleface

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 05:02:31 PM »

I ended up getting through to the national center tonight. My local office was closed. They said everything was alright as far as medicare approval and I will get my ssdi payment at the end of the month. He had no idea what the reason was that I received that. I guess I'll have to go to my local office at the beginning of the week but at least I feel better now that they're computer was showing everything is OK.

Now one thing I thought of after the fact is that during the interview they said it would go into effect as of this past August 1st. and that's the way it had to  be. Then about 15 minutes later they called back and asked when I wanted it to go into affect. I wanted it to go into affect January 1st as my current insurance has payed for all my dialysis and I have paid my maximum OOP for the year. I really don't have the money to pay 5 month's of useless medicare premiums going back a few month's plus any other charges for a service I've already received and they said that was OK. So perhaps this is to cancel any thing that went into affect for this year. But I'm not signing anything until I talk to the people at my local office.

Have to say those people should help us  not confuse us.
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 06:59:07 AM »

Oh, man the social security system is so screwed up!  I applied for it because I had to, I already had private insurance.  They rejected my disability claim.  I didn't even apply for disability!  So how can they reject it?   They rejected my medicare claim, even though I sent them the dialysis form signed by my doctor.  I wrote to my congress lady, and she said I had to sign off a disclaimer or empower her to act for me.  I did.  Finally, they approved my claim, but then congress sent me a form to approve her intervention, after it was already done?  I also made several phone calls, and personal visits to the ssi center in town.  They're going to close these things?  I can't believe it.  I'm just glad this nightmare is over for me.  I did pay $1,200 for last year's coverage, and then I'm paying $105 a month for the new coverage.  This is on top of the payment to my private insurance company. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »