I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2024, 04:22:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  I am going to RANT
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am going to RANT  (Read 14889 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2013, 08:02:32 AM »

You will get there kit.  Hang in.

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2013, 10:11:05 AM »

I hate this disease.
KK I selfishly want you to live a long, long time.
You are one of the first friends I made on this forum.
It kills me - all you've been through - and still have to go through.
I love you.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 10:26:27 AM »

THe plan is to stick around as long as I am supposed to.
I have your jacket still so got to get together soon.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kevno

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 04:51:24 PM »

Well old timer I know how you feel about dialysis  :Kit n Stik; just told a surgeon again where to go about my other leg. After 26 years with out a break, + those nightmare 5 years in the 70's. I have started coming off the machine early. Why not its my choice. Fed up of doctors/surgeons who think they know my body better than me. :boxing;
You have earned the right to make any dicision you want, sod the nurses and what they say. Its your live and you body.
My first rant on this site for a long time!

One issed(P) renal patient. >:(

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2013, 09:06:00 PM »

Hi Kevno, glad you are still with us.  You are kind of an old timer now.  LOL''   

:flower;

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 09:11:59 PM »

Hey Kevno.  Hey Rerun.  I guess we are becoming old timers now.
I was telling my husband how much I actually hate dialysis now.  I cannot catch a break from it.
Every other day whether I want to or not.
Really hate it. It is painful now.
I go in feeling not bad and feel worse when I get off the machine.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 11:07:47 PM »

Tiredness creeps into bones.
Sore muscles ache constantly everywhere.
Recovery is a slow process.
One thing at a time,
Stay positive they say,
even though I am crying buckets of tears
over things I feel are important.
I cannot stop the pain anymore
Emotionally and physically I sweat
and I swear silently inside.
Is this my life now?
Constant pain and frustration?
Each day I am making progress
Slow painstaking progress
Inch by inch, sometimes second by second each day
I walk, I talk and act normal
When inside I scream.

By, Katherine Soto   October 21,2013

lifenotonthelist.com

E. Messer

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2013, 07:56:40 AM »

I AM TIRED OF GOING TO DIALYSIS ... I am ranting TOO !!!   I started dialysis in July 2010.  I feel your pain, your anger, your apprehension.  People – NO ONE GETS IT !! – At the end of the day, for doctors, nurses and dialysis techs – it is just a job for them.  I’m 55,  just about ready to retire when this frakking thing hit me, shocking my everyday, normal, mundance life to a screeching halt.   I do not feel tired – but I am TIRED of going to dialysis 3 times a week with no break in sight.  I can’t qualify for a transplant because of a 25% REJECTION FACTOR caused by a damn weak heart !!  DAMN, what else.  Sometimes I would like to end it.  I researched it & it will not be considered suicide if you stopped dialysis treatments.   [for insurance reasons] … I still want to grow old with my wife of 27 years – plus we were in the 4th grade when we decided we loved each other..  I would just like to walk into one of the beaches here in So. Cal. & never come back, since I never learned how to swim – been too busy working – my two kids in college are done -  I have to find a reason to live – my wife – YES !! but I do NOT want her to push me around in a wheelchair & be a freaking burden .. The gods hate me!!   Eveytime I go into the dialysis clinic, I see older people than me & I would wonder “Is this what I have to look forward to?” It SUCKS BIGTIME.  I easily gain weight even without eating a damn thing !!!  wtfk?  I miss playing basketball & especially RUNNING !!  - the temporary FREEDOM of RUNNING !!!  It’s not you, folks, it’s me – am just going through a mental torture of “what-ifs?” & finalistic scenarios.   
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2013, 10:56:59 AM »

25% REJECTION FACTOR
Did you perhaps mean ejection fraction?

As one 55 year old to another, I would suggest home hemo - still sucks, but much less than in-center.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:58:29 AM by Simon Dog » Logged
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2013, 08:13:23 PM »

Tiredness creeps into bones.
Sore muscles ache constantly everywhere.
Recovery is a slow process.
One thing at a time,
Stay positive they say,
even though I am crying buckets of tears
over things I feel are important.
I cannot stop the pain anymore
Emotionally and physically I sweat
and I swear silently inside.
Is this my life now?
Constant pain and frustration?
Each day I am making progress
Slow painstaking progress
Inch by inch, sometimes second by second each day
I walk, I talk and act normal
When inside I scream.

By, Katherine Soto   October 21,2013

:2thumbsup; Keep writing!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Seaweed

Great day to be alive and thankful

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2013, 11:53:07 PM »

Hello kit

I've only been on PD dialysis for a month , and 15 years is a long time,, sometimes we get ourselves
In such a rut , life become depressing if you don't have anything to look forward too.

Now I'm with kaiser also , they,re really heavy in preventive management, they kind of remind me of a repair shop
You know, your in for a oil change , then they,re selling you ball joints.

They just got me for a Colin inspection  last week , and now they mailing a list of test to do.

Now once a month I have to see my PD team which consist of 6 members 1 Doc 2 RN 1 dietitian 1pyh 2 want_a-bees

And I see them all at the same time , looking over stats , progress reports ,

This is what I told them , and I quote " look into my eyes so we don't have a hearing problem ,I love all of you and I think you all do a great job

Get all the reports you want , pin cushion me , cattle prod me , draw blood , but when I go back to work
And you miss something tuff shit "

I'm not living for dialysis and I don't need 6 more wives .

I find we are our own best doctor.
 :boxing;

Kaiser has a support group that maybe you can attend  , I live in Yorba linda

geoffcamp

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2013, 10:06:26 AM »

Good for you Seaweed.  But give it another 10 plus years and TRUST ME you will NEED to let out a RANT now and again.
G.

Geoffrey Campbell
Diagnosed with ESRD at 26
Transplanted in 1999 rejected 2001
In center hemodialysis since late 2001 3X a week 4 hours late evening 3rd shift
amanda100wilson
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2013, 05:07:42 PM »

Geoffcamp and Kitkatz, I fully understand the comment about rainbows etc.  Back in April, I made friends with a woman, also from the UK and we both hae getman shepherds.  We bonded quickly and before long she was talking donation and did contact the transplant unit, complete paperwork etc.  She seemed to be so keen to support me and find out much about my condition.  I don't make friends easily, and I so wanted it to work.  I opened up and stopped putting on I'm fine' face.  Anyway, I went to the HDU conference and she wanted to come with me.  I should have said 'no' but I didn't.  Set against this is the backdrop of not sleeping.  Well as soon as we got to Orlando, she started to piss me off.  I was negative and depressed because I was so damned tired and sleep was even worse while we were there.  Well, it got to the point that everything I said was countered with some 'bright and breezy' comment.  When someone who has no bloody clue starts this, I get more negative and start snipping at the other person.  By the time we got to the end of the conference, we had another two days together at Universal and then the drive back.  By the nd, I don't think that we could stand th sight of each other.  I haven't seen her sibce, but we had an increasingly bitter text message confrontation.  Anyway, I was accused if being negative, she compared me  unfaviorbly to other people at the conference, oblivious to the fact that she wad seeing only their public faces.  She would not accept that I am chronically exhausted and depressed and burnt out.   I have been dealing with this shit for over twenty years.  Have geen on dialysis this time atound for over ten years.  She told me that I deal well with the physical but hot the mental aspects.  How the hell does she know?  She has not walked in my shoes.  It still hurts and rankles with me.

ESRD 22 years
  -PD for 18 months
  -Transplant 10 years
  -PD for 8 years
  -NxStage since October 2011
Healthy people may look upon me as weak because of my illness, but my illness has given me strength that they can't begin to imagine.

Always look on the bright side of life...
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2013, 05:26:59 PM »

I'm so sorry for you Amanda

:grouphug;

Lots,and lots of love, and stay strong

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
obsidianom
Elite Member

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2013, 08:45:53 AM »

Geoffcamp and Kitkatz, I fully understand the comment about rainbows etc.  Back in April, I made friends with a woman, also from the UK and we both hae getman shepherds.  We bonded quickly and before long she was talking donation and did contact the transplant unit, complete paperwork etc.  She seemed to be so keen to support me and find out much about my condition.  I don't make friends easily, and I so wanted it to work.  I opened up and stopped putting on I'm fine' face.  Anyway, I went to the HDU conference and she wanted to come with me.  I should have said 'no' but I didn't.  Set against this is the backdrop of not sleeping.  Well as soon as we got to Orlando, she started to piss me off.  I was negative and depressed because I was so damned tired and sleep was even worse while we were there.  Well, it got to the point that everything I said was countered with some 'bright and breezy' comment.  When someone who has no bloody clue starts this, I get more negative and start snipping at the other person.  By the time we got to the end of the conference, we had another two days together at Universal and then the drive back.  By the nd, I don't think that we could stand th sight of each other.  I haven't seen her sibce, but we had an increasingly bitter text message confrontation.  Anyway, I was accused if being negative, she compared me  unfaviorbly to other people at the conference, oblivious to the fact that she wad seeing only their public faces.  She would not accept that I am chronically exhausted and depressed and burnt out.   I have been dealing with this shit for over twenty years.  Have geen on dialysis this time atound for over ten years.  She told me that I deal well with the physical but hot the mental aspects.  How the hell does she know?  She has not walked in my shoes.  It still hurts and rankles with me.
I am seeing a similar situation with a woman I am helping who is being treated for stage 2 plus cancer and having the same treatments and issues I had with my cancer 7 plus years ago. I am the person she prefers to talk to as I dont give her "happy platitudes" . Many people she in her life are giving her the "positive attitude " crap " and it pisses her off.  , I dont do that. I have been there and had the same pain, fatigue, diarrhea (severe) and general lousy time she is having. I commiserate with her and remind her she has every right to feel lousy and be frustrated and angry with this. Everyone else tells her to think positive. None of them have had cancer like we both have had.
When she said I "I wont go through this again," , I was the only one who understood this . Everyone else was upset she would think this way. I felt the same way at the end of my treatment. My wife understood. It takes a special person to avoid the "happy face" routine.
With kidney disease and dialysis it is a long grueling fight. I understand feeling burnt out and down on things at times. Its natural and ok. People like the woman you are describing usually have not had anything bad happen to them and are clueless about handling adversity. They spew out platitudes like "be positive" .
At least here we understand.     

My wife is the most important person in my life. Dialysis is an honor to do for her.
NxStage since June 2012 .
When not doing dialysis I am a physician ,for over 25 years now(not a nephrologist)

Any posting here should be used for informational purposes only . Talk to your own doctor about treatment decisions.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2013, 09:34:32 PM »

Continuation of the ranting....

Seems I am the only patient at my center who use 16 gauge needles.   They have to order them for me.  The other night the tech wanted me to do 15s. I said no way, go get the 16s. She had to get someone to unlock them from a cupboard in the back.  They complain at me because my surgeon told me to treat the fistula gently. Use 16s, no 15s.  I am only following surgeon directions.  Sigh...
They know I am coming every treatment so why are things not out when I get there....

I am really hating dialysis.  I cry going into it some nights and cry coming out of it some nights. My hands hurt every night.  I have to go to the bathroom and it adds time to my machine time.  I say not fair. Bathroom trips should be a part of the treatment time.  Sigh...

The only thing that helps is Tylenol three at 6p.m. to take the pain away and to mellow me out. Sigh...

lifenotonthelist.com

monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2013, 03:21:01 AM »

:grouphug;  :grouphug;  :grouphug;

I wish that things were different.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2013, 03:35:08 AM »

Thank goodness for T-3!!

:thumbup;

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2013, 05:35:19 AM »

My heart goes out to you....  :grouphug;

I wish there were something to do. It is frustrating to see someone suffer and have no way to help.

Your writing is evocative. Painful. Beautiful. Don't stop.

xoxoxox

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2013, 01:05:03 AM »

I am very sorry and wish that things were different.

Kristina.  :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2013, 01:05:30 PM »

Love you kit. Rant away. We do understand.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Wat76

This Too Shall Pass

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »

Kitat, we know how difficult dialysis is, however, your time and strength on dialysis is a Big motivator for me. Hang in there and it good to let your feelings out.  Sometimes I want to throw my cycler out the window. You give me a lot of hope.

Debra

PKD: PD started in February 2011.
Live, Laugh and Love daily.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2013, 12:59:57 AM »

Kit, I know you are well versed in the ways of dialysis , unlike myself who is a newbie. Also, just the few years I have known you, you have been in some very serious troubles. I cant imagine how you keep carrying on, but you do, despite the problems. I sympathize with you and hate to see you hurting, physically and now, emotionally. Have you tried maybe some kind of "happy pill" I take celexa every day, and when I decided I didn't really need that, I tapered myself off until I had been without for a couple of weeks, and then I realized I was a screaming maniac at a red light. And, of course, the one who got most of the crap dumped on him was my DH. So, yeah, I guess I will stay on the pill. Can't hurt, might even help you.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
CebuShan
Elite Member

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2013, 12:00:21 PM »

Wow! Kit! If anyone is allowed to rant, it's you!
I haven't been on D nearly as long as you but you were one of the first to welcome me when I found IHD.
Rant away dear friend! Hang in there because I still haven't been able to make a Las Vegas meet yet, and I have got to "formally" meet you!
Shall we try for next year?!
Love you Kit!   :cuddle;

Think GOD doesn't have a sense of humor?
HE created marriage and children.
Think about it! LOL!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2013, 10:50:12 PM »

I have been taking an anti depressant pill and it is working pretty well.
Hubby says he see ups and downs in my moods.
Poor hubby.  He never knows when he will get a weepy wife now.
I have managed not to have a crying session after dialysis for the last two weeks.

lifenotonthelist.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »