I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:44:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hi, I'm Lisa
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi, I'm Lisa  (Read 5756 times)
carson

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 07:04:19 AM »

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!
Somehow in my introduction I forgot to mention 2 other members of my family, Shawn and Oreo, my cats. I notice there are a few cat people on here, so I thought I'd better mention mine too!

2009 infection treated with Vancomycin and had permacath replaced
2009 septic infection that wouldn't go away
2007 began Nocturnal Home Hemo with Permacath
1997 began Peritoneal Dialysis
1982 had cadaver transplant
1981 diagnosed with GN2 and began Peritoneal Dialysis
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 10:40:02 AM »

:clap;

Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 04:12:08 AM »

:welcomesign;

Ken
ILOVEFLUID

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 02:12:39 PM »

Hi Lisa, this is another Lisa from Ontario who also loves pitbulls.  I have two.  One is a brindle pitbull/lab and the other is pure pitbull.  The only trouble I have from them is the ignorant neighbors.  They are loveable dogs and nothing please me more than to come home from dialysis and have them waiting for me.  Pets are the best therapy.  When i first got sick my parents rottweiler would never leave my side.  And now when i feel the worst my cat makes sure she keeps me company.  I will post pics when I transfer them from my camera to my computer.  If you don't mind me asking, where in Ontario are you?  I am in Muskoka and dialize in Orillia.
Welcome,
ILOVEFLUID

Each day at a time, one drink at a time (or two, or three...etc)
carson

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 05:59:41 AM »

Hi Lisa, this is another Lisa from Ontario who also loves pitbulls.  I have two.  One is a brindle pitbull/lab and the other is pure pitbull.  The only trouble I have from them is the ignorant neighbors.  They are loveable dogs and nothing please me more than to come home from dialysis and have them waiting for me.  Pets are the best therapy.  When i first got sick my parents rottweiler would never leave my side.  And now when i feel the worst my cat makes sure she keeps me company.  I will post pics when I transfer them from my camera to my computer.  If you don't mind me asking, where in Ontario are you?  I am in Muskoka and dialize in Orillia.
Welcome,
ILOVEFLUID

Nice to hear from you...neighbour!! :beer1; I'm in Stayner. Not too far from you, considering this is a worldwide forum!!!! I used to attend the PD clinic in Orillia, but I moved from Barrie to Toronto and switched to Toronto General. When I moved back up north I decided to stay with TGH because Orillia told me I'd have a better chance at getting a transplant, but it's still been 10 yrs!
Do you ever go on bulldogbreeds.com? It's a pretty good place to visit. Pitbulls really are the best dog! :clap;

2009 infection treated with Vancomycin and had permacath replaced
2009 septic infection that wouldn't go away
2007 began Nocturnal Home Hemo with Permacath
1997 began Peritoneal Dialysis
1982 had cadaver transplant
1981 diagnosed with GN2 and began Peritoneal Dialysis
Earlinda

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2007, 12:16:44 PM »

Hi Lisa I am glad you are here!!!!   :grouphug;  Great intro and I know I will learn much from your posts.   :welcomesign;

Earlinda "Early"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »