I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:46:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut  (Read 3789 times)
Riki
Elite Member

« on: September 07, 2013, 09:18:29 PM »

i need to get this off my chest, and I can't say it on facebook because members of my family may plot my demise if I did.

My uncle died this morning.  Please don't send condolances, because the man was a piece of crap who was finally bit by Karma, as far as I'm concerned.  He was a child molester.

His victim, and the only one that we know of, is his daughter, who is a year younger than I am.  she was 6 years old at the time.  Her mother, my father's sister, sided with her husband when the authorities got involved, even going as far to say that the girl was coming on to her father.  She ended up giving both her children up for adoption, something which broke my grandmother's heart, a pain she carried until her death.

When my cousin was 16, and was given up by her adoptive family, she went to the phone book, remembering only her mother's maiden name, and started calling.  Fortunately, my grandfather's name began with a C, and he was at the top of the list, and that was the begtinning of her going back to her biological parents.  Her brother met them after he turned 18, and decided that he didn't want anything to do with them, but he still keeps contact with my mom, because she treated him well, even after he decided he wanted nothing to do with his biological parents.

Now that he's died, my cousin is making out her father to be this great man, who was loved by everybody, which was not true.  The man estranged my aunt from her father, and more recently from her sisters with young grandchildren.  I'm finding it very hard to sit and watch all the things that's being said by my cousin about him, when he was the reason she didn't grow up with her only sibling, and the reason she had such a hard childhood.  It's like she's forgotten.

I can't forget.  I can't forget the hurt in my grandmother, because she was missing 2 of her grandchildren.  I can't forget that when I met my cousins after they'd been adopted by other families, that I wasn't supposed to know them, even though I did.

And it may be a terrible thing to say, but I'm glad he's dead.  Good riddance.

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 01:38:07 AM »

You have every right to your opinion. Don't worry about venting!!!

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 06:03:43 AM »

That is a heartbreaking story.  It goes to show that no matter what your parents do to you; you will always love them. 

Then there is my brother whose wife divorced him when the 3 kids were 6,4,2 and he paid child support and fought for them on his time when his bitch wife always made plans for the kids and my brother "looked" like the one always breaking the plans.  When in truth it was his weekend.  They have not much to do with him.  He was always the bad guy.  That exwife was really at fault.   I won't care when she dies either. 

I know you want to remind her.  But, let it go.  Talk it over with your Mom who does remember.  See what she says and thinks.

Go spit on his grave.  That may help.....

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 07:14:26 AM »

It's like she's forgotten.

Maybe she has.  Maybe it's her way of dealing with her memories and the life she's lived.  You've both had to deal with this from different perspectives which doesn't help.

I have a similar situation whereby a victim I know still has regular contact with her abuser and when I see photos of her children and this Monster on Fb it chills me to the bone; it makes me feel angry and sad and frustrated that she can allow him to be near her/her children.  And physically sick, but that's another story.  Her sister refuses to let him see her children.  Nobody has ever gone to the police.  When this Monster dies I won't shed a tear, except for what might have been.

*huggles* (not of condolance, but of feeling your frustration with the situation.)

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 07:21:18 AM »

Ah, the human mind is a very complicated thing. I agree with Poppy, it may be that she has pushed that memory so far down that it isn't there any more as a way to survive.

You may want to talk with a professional yourself, in order to get this horrible piece of your past put to rest. I understand your bitterness and lack of sympathy for your uncle. It is well-deserved. Poeple who perpetrate these horrible deeds should not get off scott free.  >:(

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
SooMK

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 10:48:22 AM »

I agree with Rerun. No good can come from confronting anyone on this. You won't even feel any better. You don't need to say what a great guy he is though. Silence speaks volumes and isn't quotable. It's such a sad story but she either doesn't remember or cannot afford to remember.

SooMK
Diagnosed with Uromodulin Kidney Disease (ADTKD/UMOD) 2009
Transplant from my wonderful friend, April 2014
Volunteering with Rare Kidney Disease Foundation 2022. rarekidney.org
Focused on treatment and cure for ADTKD/UMOD and MUC1 mutations.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 12:48:59 AM »

OR, you could go and pee on his grave, provided the line isn't too long!!

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 04:29:38 PM »

UGH! Good riddance.  :boxing;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 09:45:37 PM »

I don't even know when/if he's going to be buried.  Apparently, he's donated his body to science. :waiting;

I'm just glad that my aunt hasn't asked us to go to any kind of funeral or memorial service, because I wouldn't want to go.  I'd have a hard time saying no to her, luckily, I wouldn't have to do it.  My mom would. *L*

PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Emerson Burick

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 03:44:26 PM »

I don't even know when/if he's going to be buried.  Apparently, he's donated his body to science.

Well just remind yourself that even if you can't make urine there's always someone out there who can.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 10:56:19 PM »

I guess there was a memorial service for him yesterday.  We didn't go mostly because we didn't know about it till last minute, and we couldn't afford the trip anyway.  My dad made the trip, though, considering it's his sister's husband.  He said that there was about 25 people there, mostly friends of my aunt's.  I'm guessing that only a handful of them knew of his past, and those who did, weren't going to talk about it, out of respect for my aunt

PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »