I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:15:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hi All
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 2671 times)
burnie82

« on: August 18, 2013, 07:12:28 AM »

Hi All,

I'm new here!

I'm the primary carer for my mum who has been having dialysis for almost 5 months now. I have lots of questions and concerns that don't seem to get answered by the medical team or often leave me with more questions and concerns if they are! My mums prognosis isn't good due to other health conditions which complicate her dialysis  :'(

She has a haemo cath in her neck as attempts at fistulas failed due to small arteries and veins. They're sending her for a heart scan soon, is this routine for a catheter in the carotid or not? I'm worried sick (as is she) that they suspect something else to be going on and aren't yet saying.

So once again Hi All, and thanks in advance for any responses  :-)
Icare

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 08:24:44 AM »

:welcomesign; Burnie
Not knowing your mums medical history it is hard to say. But you must understand that dialysis is rough on all other organs over time. My wife is diabetic and has been on dialysis for 7 years. There always will be scars and test but you need to try and not let dialysis ruin your lives. There are a lot of people here for support and may have a better answer about the heart scan as it relates to the cath. I found this site about 4 months ago and It has been such a blessing.
Support,info and a place to cent if need be. The caregivers receive as much support here as the dialysis patience.
Again Welcome
Icare
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »