I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:16:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  So what are you up to this weekend?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So what are you up to this weekend?  (Read 90968 times)
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #300 on: November 26, 2017, 09:12:32 AM »

I have been wearing some very old and tatty clothes. Basically, all this week I have been looking like I stole my clothing off a scarecrow

Washing at last done and hanging on the line. Although rather than air dry, it will probably become freeze dried - it is cold out there.

I will probably have to get up first thing and bring a few items in to dry over the heater, so that they are ready for dialysis tomorrow. And even if that is not necessary, I'll do it anyway - to make them nice and snuggly warm to wear.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #301 on: November 26, 2017, 10:14:16 PM »

There's stuff I should have done, but didn't,  like starting a paper that's due on Friday.. but I slept and played video games instead

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #302 on: December 03, 2017, 05:51:46 PM »

This weekend - nothing useful. Used up some data that expires Monday by watching a lot of Amazon TV.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #303 on: December 07, 2017, 09:26:47 PM »

Last weekend:
Saturday: The Harvest Festival in Pomona
Sunday: My sister and I went to the Living Desert in Palm Desert. Then we had birthday celebration lunch at Red Robin.

And I wonder why I am so tired this week?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #304 on: December 10, 2017, 01:22:23 PM »

Yesterday, I spent the majority of my day working on a power point presentation that will accompany an oral presentation that I'm doing tomorrow.  I also worked for a bit on another project due Friday.  I should be working on an assignment due tomorrow, and another oral presentation that I'm doing tomorrow right now, but I'm procrastinating. *G*

PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
smartcookie

LMSW

« Reply #305 on: December 11, 2017, 09:00:13 AM »

I spent all weekend in bed with a sinus infection and low grade fevers.  Yay.  Just finished an antibiotic and going back today for round two!

I am a renal social worker.  I am happy to help answer questions, but please talk to your clinic social worker for specifics on your particular situation.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #306 on: December 11, 2017, 01:59:35 PM »

Moving Netgear routers to new locations, re-running Cat 6 cables, reinstalling IP cameras, re-installing thermostats, debugging a cold furnace, etc.
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #307 on: December 11, 2017, 02:59:03 PM »

I spent all weekend in bed with a sinus infection and low grade fevers.  Yay.  Just finished an antibiotic and going back today for round two!

Dear smartcookie, I am very sorry to read that you spent all weekend in bed with a sinus infection and I do hope you were being looked after and I also hope that you feel better soon !
All the best and I send you my get-well-soon-wishes from Kristina :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Cupcake

a good year for Chevys

« Reply #308 on: December 15, 2017, 06:47:31 AM »

I'm in the quad cities helping my niece and her family get ready for Santa. Hohoho! Today it's the elementary school holiday concert- I plan to be front and center! I slept great as my cycler "Mr Lucky" was on the sink in the hotel and I couldn't hear it grinding away. Forgot to bring garbage bags for all the trash-oops.

PD for 2 years then living donor transplant October 2018.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #309 on: December 15, 2017, 10:40:39 AM »

I slept great as my cycler "Mr Lucky" was on the sink in the hotel and I couldn't hear it grinding away.

I had names for my cyclers too.  I even had the names written on pieces of tape and stuck to the front of them. *G*  The first one was Luther, just cuz I thought it was a cool name, and he was male.  The second one had curves, so obviously female, and was called L.B., which was short for "Little B*itch"  *LOL*  Luther was morally wounded during a trip home from NYC by Air Canada.  I believe L.B. still lives at my dialysis unit, as a training tool.

PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
smartcookie

LMSW

« Reply #310 on: December 15, 2017, 11:47:59 AM »

Thank you, Kristina!  Still battling this infection, but finally a little better today!  My hubby and dog were very supportive in taking care of me.  The cat just knocked over the Christmas tree...  :rofl;

I am a renal social worker.  I am happy to help answer questions, but please talk to your clinic social worker for specifics on your particular situation.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #311 on: December 16, 2017, 10:11:31 AM »

Thank you, Kristina!  Still battling this infection, but finally a little better today!  My hubby and dog were very supportive in taking care of me.  The cat just knocked over the Christmas tree...  :rofl;

Cats are A-holes.. *L*  Glad you're feeling better

PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #312 on: December 16, 2017, 10:56:19 AM »

Got an old school friend I haven't seen in years coming over for a drink on Sunday. I think his brother kinda forced him into it, his brother used to always be pushing him into calling me.

We are going to a bar. That should be interesting, my liquid limit will just stretch to two single scotches, no mixer, no water, no ice. I gotta make those two small drinks last all evening!

Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #313 on: December 17, 2017, 05:23:23 PM »

I spent today listening to Christmas carols, and singing along to them using the wrong words..

I'm a bad girl... *LOL*

PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2017, 10:11:43 PM »

Cats are A-holes.. *L*  Glad you're feeling better

My cats are perfect little A-holes. They only steal the plastic Xmas balls I leave for them down low on the tree and leave the rest of it alone. They are somehow able to do this without destroying the whole tree. They are such well-behaved darlings. Until dinner time.

Hope you get over your sinus junk before the holiday, smartcookie! BTDT! Feel like I am fighting one now. Tis the season...I keep a box of kleenex in every room and in the car, along with a pocketful and my asthma inhaler (so embarrassing).

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #315 on: December 18, 2017, 02:12:09 AM »

Got an old school friend I haven't seen in years coming over for a drink on Sunday.

Well that fell through. My friend is a serious gambler. Decided he needed Sunday to get together with a guy with whom he runs a gambling syndicate - to pick out the horses they will be betting on over the Christmas/New Year period. So I got blown out.

Instead I went Christmas shopping. Mostly I do this online, but my father wanted stuff from a particular shop. My father wins an award this year, for the most boring Christmas present I have ever bought. He has pretty much everything he wants and the only thing you can get him is books. However we are having Christmas at my sister's, so he will be travelling down by train, with two changes (or possibly by coach with one change) and he moans bitterly if he has to carry a big pile of books back. So I asked him what he wanted, he said pajamas and undershirts. So I got him a quality pair of warm pajamas and half a dozen undershirts. What a boring present to open on Christmas day! I'll probably get him some diabetic candy or ginger wine (or both) to go with it, but that does not make it much better!

cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #316 on: December 18, 2017, 11:37:50 AM »

... So I asked him what he wanted, he said pajamas and undershirts. So I got him a quality pair of warm pajamas and half a dozen undershirts. What a boring present to open on Christmas day! I'll probably get him some diabetic candy or ginger wine (or both) to go with it, but that does not make it much better!

It's a practical present Paul  ;D 

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #317 on: December 18, 2017, 10:07:27 PM »

A practical gift is often the best one. Know those fruitcakes everybody jokes about?? Well, I wouldn't mind getting one of those. Seriously, I wanna a fruitcake! Mmm

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #318 on: December 19, 2017, 10:51:19 AM »

A warm pair pf pj's is an AWESOME gift.  I would love some of those.  I've been asking for onesie pj's for years, but Mom won't buy me any for some reason.

I actually get upset if I don't get new underwear for Christmas.  Usually, after a year or so, I'm in need of some new ones

PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »