I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:44:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Lmunchkin and Willowtreewren meet!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lmunchkin and Willowtreewren meet!  (Read 3602 times)
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« on: June 10, 2013, 06:12:08 PM »

We had brunch at Cracker Barrel! What a blast!

Edited: Moved to section: The IHD Family - Our Members - okarol/admin
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:12:15 PM by okarol » Logged

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 06:16:46 PM »

i feel sooooooooooo blessed that i was there too....hehe, at least in thought  ;D I think its wonderfuly splended that you got together.  How much better can life get  :flower;  And i LOVE cracker barrell.  We only get to go to one when we go up to az for mini vacation :)  Happy for you guys  :grouphug;

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 12:30:57 AM »

So nice to meet the people you talk to often isn't it. Glad you met and had a good time.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
cariad
Elite Member

What's past is prologue

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 02:08:36 AM »

:cheer: :yahoo; :cheer: :yahoo; :cheer:

And you took pics for those of us that wonder endlessly if members look like we've imagined them!

Thank you!  :)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. - Philo of Alexandria

People have hope in me. - John Bul Dau, Sudanese Lost Boy
willowtreewren
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 05:57:19 PM »

Bo's,

Lmunchin mentioned that she wanted to send you a pic. I was going to but I'm severely wifi limited right now! I'm away from home and camping in the "wilderness" for three weeks while I get hyperbaric treatments for my Lyme. I'm glad you saw the picture!  :2thumbsup;

Aleta

lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 07:49:19 PM »

Well Im going to give a Play by play look into our day.  Aleta & I had planned this for a week.  So We left for Jackson, Tn. (really nice folks in that city by the way) about 2.5hr drive.  She offered to drive an hour into Nashville, but I told her, we had nothing to do so we would drive the whole way.  It was a wonderful day in Tn. weather wise.  I love to drive in Tn. cause the hills are simply devine!

So we call each other to be sure I find good ole Cracker Barrell (one of my favorites too, Boswife). We got off exit and drove to Walmart parking lot (Sams) and Aleta instructs me "Where To Go" , HAHA.  Well, we start heading that way.  Now, as she informed me, the road we are on, Cracker Barrell Rear entrance is on, that if not looking we could drive right by it.

Well we did!!! But fortunately, she described to me what she had on, and lo & behold, she was in the back waving for me to get my attention.  John & I both saw her and drove up and turned around. Got in the parking lot and I rolled down my window just laughing at how corny this set up was.  We would have missed it and kept driving had she not been "hanging in the road" flagging us down.

We got out and just hugged each other, cause wev'e planned to meet but just never did for crazy reasons.  Now listen folks, my John is a quite person. He doesnt open up till he gets to know someone and by George, he & her started talking and that was all she wrote.  Aleta was so friendly & gracious, she made us love her instantly with her charm and wit.  What a delightful lady.  I know we have a friend in her.  She put us at ease, and that is a gift!!!

When we finished our brunch, which was delish by the way & she beat me to the bill!  Thank you Aleta, that was so very thoughtful of you.  Next time, it will be on me, okay?  Back to the day, we went out and rocked on their rockers outside.  We all talked about so many things.  The day was perfect!  There was a breeze and it was not stifling at all.  Usually Tn weather is normally getting Hot, but not this day.

One thing that sticks out the most in our conversations, was about the fistulas. Folks, Im so proud of Johns "Rope", but Carls put his to shame!  John's is more like "twine" compared to Carl's.  Now his is one (I joked with Aleta about this) that one could hang themselves with.  It is beautiful!!! Hope he never has to use it, but if he ever does, NO PROBLEMS!  Now Carl was not there, but she showed a picture and it is one giant vein on top of his arm. Literally on top of his arm. She told us about it, but when she showed picture, we became believers.

I don't think any of us wanted to leave.  I know she had another treatment at about 2:30 and I told her what time it was.  We just hated for it to end.  I know John & I did.  We all hugged and said our goodbyes.  John told me on the way out, "What a sweet little lady, hon! Im glad I came."  He originally did not want to come, but I wasn't having it.  He was so glad I dragged him out.  It was good for him & me too! 

Thanks Aleta!  Im so glad we met you finally.  We were NOT disappointed dear lady!   :guitar:

God Bless,
lmunchkin :kickstart;

P.S. Any one who can meet up with others on this site, please do it if you can.  This is such an awesome community we have here and meeting Aleta & Lisa confirms it with me. Thanks for posting the pix's and thanks to the little girl at CB for taking it!

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
lmunchkin
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 08:25:28 PM »

Sorry, I almost sent this twice.  Im tired as you probably can tell.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:32:10 PM by lmunchkin » Logged

billybags
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 10:35:41 AM »

That sounds really nice, I am so pleased that you met up. It is always nice to put a face to a name.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 02:15:38 PM »

Well Im back on the internet for a moment and look at that long missive from Sweet Lmunchkin! I wish I could chat s'more, but it is time for another treatment AGAIN!

:cuddle; :cuddle; :cuddle;

Aleta

boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 03:50:39 PM »

I just loved reading this.  Could almost feel the beauty of it all :) People are good for people, and im so glad you both took this opportunity to share your time with each other.  how wonderful :)  And......... thanks for sharing with us too.. makes my heart happy :) and i needed some of that  :grouphug;

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 04:15:15 PM »

:bandance; I love that you met!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
willowtreewren
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 09:50:43 AM »

Well, I have a bit more wifi time, so I can elaborate.  :2thumbsup;

When I got to the Cracker Barrel I saw a lady pushing a man in a wheel chair up to the door. I rushed up, opened the door for them and said, " I think you are just who I'm looking for!" with a big smile. They looked at me a bit puzzled, so I added, "I'm Aleta."  :yahoo;

Being gracious Southerners, the woman replied, "This is Jerry and I'm Sue."  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; OOPS!   :oops;

Who would have thought.

The Cracker Barrel was REALLY hard to see from the street. I drove past it once and almost missed it the second time! That's why I took my turquoise outfit to the street to wave Lmunchkin and John down! Yep, saw them coming...... and driving by..... :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

A quick turn around and there we were! Together at last!

It was a lovely lunch. We shared pictures and stories and got to know one another (John was SOOOOO talkative!).

If you have any opportunity to meet with IHD folks  I tell ya, DO IT! One of these days when I get over this Lyme disease and retire, I'm hitting the road and hunting folks down. It is SO MUCH FUN!

Here's another hug for Lmunchkin!  :cuddle; And John  :cuddle;

And for all you IHDers out there, too.  :grouphug;

Aleta

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 06:36:20 PM »

This is such a sweet tale!  I'm so happy that you three got to meet!  Y'all should do that more often!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
lmunchkin
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 01:56:55 PM »

If it werent for my job, I would travel to see "Everyone" Moosey!  But even still, it does required miles & money.  I hope to visit Lillupie & her family again in the fall.  Our business will have slowed some what, so that will free up some more time.

Hi Aleta.  Hope those HBO's did the trick for you!  :wine; Think of you often.

God Bless,
lmunchkin :kickstart;

willowtreewren
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »

Hey, Lmunchkin!

The HBOT was great, but the effects are wearing off. Boo hiss! Even so, we are going to try going off the IV! I'm nervous, but willing to give it a shot. LOL. Totally a pun intended.  :clap;

Aleta

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »