I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:09:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Wheelchair Discussions
| | |-+  is anyone else in a wheelchair now? It's 2013!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: is anyone else in a wheelchair now? It's 2013!  (Read 7383 times)
happyonhemo

« on: April 08, 2013, 08:36:57 AM »

It looks like I'm the only one who gets a numb butt. Oh, well.
 :sir ken;
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 10:35:10 AM »

Hi Happy...

I too am a wheelchair user.... I'm caring for my mum, Elsie who's also a wheelchair user... It has it's moments!...

Love...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 04:13:22 PM »

I have been on and off wheel chairs a few times in my life....

... fortunately every time I was able to get out of the wheelchair again...

First was when I was in and out of plaster for many years and therefore in and out of a wheelchair...

.... Then... after my leg had been finally sorted out through an bone-transplant operation.... in an emergency...

I had the misfortune=e to suffer a stroke which put me straight into a wheelchair again...

I ad to work very hard to get out of the wheelchair again... this was especially hard because at first I was half-sided paralyzed....

could not speak and could not walk anymore... all at the young age of 38 after I had suffered a severe stroke... which was due to uncontrolled high blood pressure....

which was not s=noticed by the GP's and other doctors whom I had seen in desperation to find out why I was so unwell before suffering this severe stroke...

.... unfortunately none of the doctors had the idea to check on my blood pressure.... otherwise they might have seen that my life was in danger because of high blood pressure...

... Fortunately these days doctors are a bit more clever and even check up the blood pressure of their patients... regularly...

... unfortunately at the time of my suffering a severs stroke... at the age of only 38 years of age... doctors had not yet started to check-up patients blood pressure...
... on a regular basis whenever a young patient came to their surgery and complaint about dizziness, eye complaints, concentration difficulties, headaches etc...

... had doctors perhaps checked-up my blood pressure in time... I might not have had to suffer a severe stroke at the young age of only 38 years. old...
....I wish I had known this before.... because my rehabilitation was a very hard job... and it took me ages to recover from being half-sided paralyzed and unable to speak....
...unable to feed myself  anymore... and unable to express myself in words because the stroke made me suffer from Dysphasia... at the age of only 38 years....
.... it was very hard because I had studied a University before and suddenly  - through the stroke -  I was lost for words and could not  properly express myself anymore....
to say it was hard would be an understatement ... because apart from my helpful husband I had no one on my side to assist me to rehabilitate....

Fortunately my husband studied every book available on rehabilitation and that was my good luck

... because with the help of my husband I was given a chance to rehabilitate... my good luck was that we are very close and my husband knows me intellectually very well...

That was my good luck because none of the doctors knew what was lost through the stroke... but my husband knew and only my husband was able to assist me back to life...
... he was my best friend and he was my best doctor during that difficult time... I am always grateful to my husband for his help to assist me back to life... after this terrible stroke... which I had suffered at the age of only 38 years through no mistake of my own but only because doctors did not check my blood pressure... at the time.. to avoid my suffering as stroke at the age of only 38 years of age ... whilst I was building up my career...

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »