I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 01:36:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Fly Fishing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fly Fishing  (Read 2376 times)
billoggblog

You Dialyse to Live....You Don't live to Dialyse!

« on: February 23, 2007, 01:18:02 PM »

Unable to pursue my love for active sports, I have taken up Fly Fishing, I find that this is something I can do with a little effort.
Atleast I'm still getting out into the countryside.  I find it very therapeutic, also if you use  barbless hooks, you can return the fish unharmed.  In the winter months I spend time making my own flies, this is also very therapeutic.  I will do anything to take my mind of my troubles..
Is their any other dialysis patients into Fly Fishing, if so, where do you go and what files do you use.

Yesterday is History..........Tomorrow is Mystery..........
Today is a Gift...That's why they call it Present.
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 01:16:40 PM »

I do not fly fish but I love to fish period. Here in Wisconsin when the lakes freeze over I go out and ice fish. Sitting in a shanty with the propane heater going makes it very comfy. I use differnt types of jigs and sometimes live bait for varing results. I have a Polaris 4-wheel drive rig to get me there and back.

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 01:50:46 PM »

I dont fly fish either-We used to do a bit of offshore fishing here off the east coast of florida-mostly for dolphin,kings,triple-tail....the last year I have not been even one time...hope to at least go off the dock soon-maybe get a few sheephead or whiting. I think there is some kind of "correction to my psych" every time I go near the ocean that occurs. I know that sounds goofy but there is nothing else that soothes the soul quite like being near the ocean.

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
billoggblog

You Dialyse to Live....You Don't live to Dialyse!

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 04:35:09 PM »

I do not fly fish but I love to fish period. Here in Wisconsin when the lakes freeze over I go out and ice fish. Sitting in a shanty with the propane heater going makes it very comfy. I use different types of jigs and sometimes live bait for varing results. I have a Polaris 4-wheel drive rig to get me there and back.

Hi Boxman55, Sitting in a shanty (in Scotland, we call them bothy's) with the propane heater.  Now, That sounds great! also, I guess that if you need a 4 wheel drive your shanty is pretty isolated? which sounds even better.  What type of fish do you catch?  I fish mostly for Rainbow and Brown Trout, I have also went fishing for Sea Trout, Grayling and Salmon, but Salmon fishing in Scotland is very expensive!,  $200 for a day's fishing and that's not even on the best rivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday is History..........Tomorrow is Mystery..........
Today is a Gift...That's why they call it Present.
brenda

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 10:16:23 PM »

I don't fly fish but I do love fishing. I spend all summer in the boat on the lake fishing, usually Walleye. Once in a while trout, depending on where I go. Ice fishing is way too cold a sport for me. I like stream fishing in the early spring in the mountains, that's all trout.

Life is what happens while your making other plans.
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 10:05:07 AM »

I do not fly fish but I love to fish period. Here in Wisconsin when the lakes freeze over I go out and ice fish. Sitting in a shanty with the propane heater going makes it very comfy. I use different types of jigs and sometimes live bait for varing results. I have a Polaris 4-wheel drive rig to get me there and back.

Hi Boxman55, Sitting in a shanty (in Scotland, we call them bothy's) with the propane heater.  Now, That sounds great! also, I guess that if you need a 4 wheel drive your shanty is pretty isolated? which sounds even better.  What type of fish do you catch?  I fish mostly for Rainbow and Brown Trout, I have also went fishing for Sea Trout, Grayling and Salmon, but Salmon fishing in Scotland is very expensive!,  $200 for a day's fishing and that's not even on the best rivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We go after walleye and northern pike. Sometimes crappie and perch dependind on location on the lake. I use the 4-wheel drive to move the shanty around it works great. Wow why so much to fish for salmon. During the summer on Lake Michigan we can go anytime for the price of a license and your gas.  Boxman55

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »