I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 11:32:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Diagnosed. Malpractice?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diagnosed. Malpractice?  (Read 12099 times)
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 03:05:42 PM »

That said, I am not angry, or mad at anybody, or looking to point a finger.  Think about this.....Whenever you point your finger at someone there are three pointing back at you.  I don't believe in it, period. 

We're not judging you on that score.  We're just offering understanding.  Anger is one of the emotions that we all share, to a certain degree.  Anger at whatever fate took our health; anger at our loss of control; anger at our nurses and doctors for so many reasons.  We can vent and rant about it here, in the company of those who understand, without hurting anyone.  If you've moved past that anger, then I'm glad for you.  I'm still working on it some days, and I expect I will be for many, many more.

then I can drop the hammer.

I like your attitude - logical, rational, reasoned - and then LOOK OUT!    ;D

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Triker

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 08:02:56 PM »

George, you're a better man than me, and I don't say that sarcastically.  :thumbup;  After figuring out that I lost a great job, my new custom built 4 bedroom home, my wife, and medical bills striped me nearly all else I had, I was angry. If I was sure that the doctor's negligence was responsible for my kidney failure, I would had no remorse for taking back what they took from me. It wouldn't have improved my medical situation, but it would have helped improve my financial situation. That didn't happen, and I've moved on. As much for myself, as for anyone else's benefit.
nextnoel

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 07:15:19 AM »

George Jung - good job on working on getting all your records!  Excellent move! :2thumbsup;

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
George Jung

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 09:59:17 AM »

Triker
Please don't misunderstand.  I think most of us have felt every emotion our minds can create under such circumstances.  After the confusion you are left with a choice to make.  You can't choose how you feel but you can make choices to influence how you feel.  I too lost things such as a job.  It wasn't more than a week after I had my most lucrative job offer which I had just gladly accepted that I had been sent to the hospital.  I doubt there is much of a difference between the majority of this population considering the topic of loss.  One can choose to focus on those aspects or you can act out and create new circumstances to influence your feelings.
No man is a mountain.  although a compliment is thoughtful and a nice thing to say and do, I am certainly not better that anyone.  I have a lot to say about my beliefs and views on life but I rather not force feed anybody.

Do you still have the bike?
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2007, 10:47:58 AM »

Yeah, anger is a very normal and expected part, especially when you were living your life and then BAM! And there are very little resources to help the transition be smooth. Like for me when I lost my transplant, I was just offered the promotion of a life time in a job I had worked my ass off in for 9 years. I went back to blaming that doc I had as a baby and wishing I had a normal healthy life and feeling like what is the sense of getting a transplant to be able to work like any healthy person just to lose it all jus as you make it? What is the sense? How can we ever get ahead? How can we EVER not be disabled?? A lot of anger builds up especially when we feel like we have to go about it all alone without any support or help! I think that is why this site is soooo vaulable!!  :grouphug;

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Triker

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2007, 10:51:27 AM »

:2thumbsup; I have a trike now. A couple of strokes somewhat altered my sense of balance. I kept falling at low speed turns, and either had to quit riding or trade for a trike. My motorcycle was thanks to my parents deaths. My Dad wanted me to have one, and they left me the money to afford one after his death. He was the last one to die, but only by about 3 weeks. I love and miss the both of them, but remember them everytime I ride.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 10:58:10 AM by Triker » Logged
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2007, 11:49:30 AM »

Nice Triker but how come you didn't start a new thread about your trike?

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
George Jung

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2007, 12:55:21 PM »

Cool bike!  I also enjoy riding.  A sport bike is my bike of choice, but anything with two(or three) wheels is very cool to me.  I would like to discuss more about riding but I suppose I will start another thread before I get jumped on.

angieskidney, is your comment really necessary or is there some underlying reason for posting that?  If you have been reading this thread you would have noticed that I had asked Triker about his wheels.  Am I reading your post wrong?  Seems a bit unnecessary and arrogant?
Triker

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2007, 01:11:08 PM »

It's okay George. In my years, I've developed thick skin. LOL! Keeping with the topic: I had a malpractice suit for my Bextra use. It was a class action suit. I had used Bextra for 6 months when I had my first stroke. The doctors couldn't figure why I had my stroke. After about a year or more, they decided to drop me. I'm guessing maybe it was because I smoked. Thanks for the compliment.
Triker
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2007, 01:23:21 PM »

Cool bike!  I also enjoy riding.  A sport bike is my bike of choice, but anything with two(or three) wheels is very cool to me.  I would like to discuss more about riding but I suppose I will start another thread before I get jumped on.

angieskidney, is your comment really necessary or is there some underlying reason for posting that?  If you have been reading this thread you would have noticed that I had asked Triker about his wheels.  Am I reading your post wrong?  Seems a bit unnecessary and arrogant?
Sorry not arrogant at all. Just a suggestion because I know a few people who would love to talk about bikes. Infact I thought a thread had been started about that before. I love bikes myself as I grew up with them.

edit: Okay I found it: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=1295.0

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
billoggblog

You Dialyse to Live....You Don't live to Dialyse!

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2007, 01:37:42 PM »

When I first went onto dialysis I knew that, what the doctor was telling me was right "DOCTORS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT" aren't they

12 Years later "I KNOW BETTER"

Yesterday is History..........Tomorrow is Mystery..........
Today is a Gift...That's why they call it Present.
Triker

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 01:39:56 PM »

Sorry not arrogant at all. Just a suggestion because I know a few people who would love to talk about bikes. Infact I thought a thread had been started about that before. I love bikes myself as I grew up with them.

edit: Okay I found it: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=1295.0 

Thanks for the info. I've never ventured to the bottom of the page to find the off topic items.

EDITED: Fixed quote tag error - Sluff, Moderator

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 09:08:12 PM by sluff » Logged
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2007, 03:06:04 PM »

He was caught in a few lies and changing medical records. 

I also wanted to say that he was also caught double dipping.  He was getting money from me for every appointment I went to him plus he was billing my insurance who was Chubb at the time.  As a result of my lawsuit the insurance did a full investigation of him and he was in a lot of trouble for fraud from them too.

Donna

EDITED: Fixed quote tag error - Sluff, Moderator
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 09:06:26 PM by sluff » Logged

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
pigsty1953

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2007, 03:39:12 PM »

Hi, all,

I just want to take this opportunity to tell my story.  Between Christmas, 2005, and January 2006 I had, count'em, 6 bouts of CHF.
My creatinine was in the 2.'s which is not bad.  They pumped me full of Lasix and sent me on my way.

Now for years and years I was anemic.  The internist I went to never sent me to a nephrologist, but suspecting a intestinal bleed, referred me to a gastrointerologist.  They ran the endoscopes and colonoscopies and never found anything.  In Jan 2006, my creatinine was in the 3.'s. and again I was in CHF.  The nephrologist said it could stay in the 3.'s for years, and I would not need dialysis.  The diagnosis was chronic renal failure, but it was not end stage at that point.  Again they pumped me full of lasix and sent me on my way.

Less then a month later, I was end stage.  My creatinine was in the 6's and I was on dialysis.  Been on it over a year now.

I wish you all the best, take care, Randy in Palm Harbor, FL
George Jung

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2007, 04:03:03 PM »

So far I have gotton my medical records from the center and the office.  There are still several other sources I need to get files from. 

Here is the thing.....I need some help translating and some direction on what to look for.  My results from the last doctor visit are below, they are from 09/06/06.  I was hospitalized the week of November 20 and was started on dialysis. 

sodium = 142
potassium = 4.1
chloride = 110
co2 = 21
glucose = 97
bun = 48
creatinine = 3.9

albumin = 3.3
calcium = 8.1
phosphorus = 4.0

creatinine, urine = 74.6

protein, urine = 433

What are some questions I should think of? 
Are these typical numbers for someone to reach esrd in that time period?
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2007, 11:01:27 AM »

albumin = 3.3

Your albumin is kind of low.  Has anyone mentioned that to you?  That's from eating not enough protein.  My dietician spoke to me about mine because mine was 3.7 last time and she considers that way too low for someone on dialysis.

Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »