I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2024, 12:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  any idea what could of caused this?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: any idea what could of caused this?  (Read 1996 times)
sullidog
Elite Member

« on: December 05, 2012, 03:28:16 PM »

Yesterday after dialysis I got a real bad headache, and started having irregular heartbeats which didn't last very long, but they were still there. I also felt week and just went to bed. My headache lasted me into the morning and finally after midmorning I feel much better. They didn't pull any fluid off and when I took my bp it was 119 over 82 so I know that bp wasn't the issue. Anyone else had this before? or is this just a symptem of a dialysis hangover.

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
treesx4

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 06:16:22 PM »

I have been having the same issues. Even my right eye hurts. I don't have fluid pulled, usually I am under weight, so they just do a flush. If you ask, they will give you fluid back @ the end and it helps sometimes with the headaches. Let your nurses know so they can help. Good luck!!!

April 2011..2 biopsy's
April 2011..In hospital one week, had PD cath. put in.
June 2001..Started PD @ home
July 2011...PD cath. wrapped around my Bowels and was resting on my liver, had to have it repositioned.
August 2011..Had PD cath removed, Diaphragm had a hole and fluid was on my lungs.
August 2011..Had Ash Splint put in my chest..started Dialysis with DCI.
November 2011...In hospital for on week due to P.E...new dialysis machine and I didn't get my Heparin and it caused clots in my lungs.
December 2011..Had chest cath. replaced due to leak.
Feb. 2012...had access put in my arm...
May 2012...had chest cath. ripped out...no pain meds at all.

"Then your salvation will come like the dawn, and your wounds will quickly heal. Your godliness will lead you forward, and the glory of the LORD will protect you from behind." Isaiah 58:8
kit78

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 06:57:38 PM »

What is a flush?  Yes, ask them to give you water back as that does help me. But I did experience what you speak of, but it went away the next day. I ask them for Tylenol as well.
I always feel awful after D.  It knocks me on my as* every time.  My joints hurt, I swell in my hands during treatment.  I do watch the salt.  These are new things happening.  I've been doing D since June of this year. Just as I thought my body was finally excepting this process it seems something else comes up.  I really wish I could have someone to speak with on the phone to compare notes and learn more.

Inherited PKD from my Mother who died at age 52
2001 Transplant - Blessed...only on list for 4 days
2012 Lost Transplant and had Pneumonia
2012 June - started Dialysis
2012 December -  Back on Transplant list
treesx4

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 07:42:02 AM »

I meant rinse back not flush.. :oops;

April 2011..2 biopsy's
April 2011..In hospital one week, had PD cath. put in.
June 2001..Started PD @ home
July 2011...PD cath. wrapped around my Bowels and was resting on my liver, had to have it repositioned.
August 2011..Had PD cath removed, Diaphragm had a hole and fluid was on my lungs.
August 2011..Had Ash Splint put in my chest..started Dialysis with DCI.
November 2011...In hospital for on week due to P.E...new dialysis machine and I didn't get my Heparin and it caused clots in my lungs.
December 2011..Had chest cath. replaced due to leak.
Feb. 2012...had access put in my arm...
May 2012...had chest cath. ripped out...no pain meds at all.

"Then your salvation will come like the dawn, and your wounds will quickly heal. Your godliness will lead you forward, and the glory of the LORD will protect you from behind." Isaiah 58:8
Grumpy-1

Make me the person my dog thinks I am

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 03:17:52 PM »

I had the same issues when I was doing Hemo in the clinic.  Since I've switched to PD, those pains are gone, but others things have come to take their place.  I think it just the nature of Dialysis and kidney failure.  It is part of the game we play.  Grumpy

Make me the person my dog thinks I am
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »