I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2024, 01:39:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Looking for questions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for questions  (Read 1702 times)
deniferfer

My nickname is princess

« on: November 28, 2012, 12:39:25 PM »

A friend and I are working on starting a FB page to help those on Dialysis and give a positive out look on life. But we also want to do videos to be able to answer general questions about Dialysis and help others when getting started or if they have a bump in the road. So what are some questions you had before D or while on D that you wish someone who had be there would had been able to answer? It can be both about hemo or PD we plan to touch on both bases. Thanks for any questions you can give to help us!  :)

1981-1995: Perfectly fine
1996: November, started feeling sick
1997: April, creatine at 17 and began dialysis    
1997: May Place on PD
2006: Had to replace PD tube
Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 04:54:22 PM »

I was really curious about the difference between Hemo and PD. When I wound up in the hospital, I had about 24 hours to decide which modality I wanted to be set up for. Fortunately, I had done some research and had decided on PD. Catching someone unaware could be a big problem.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »

The difference between a catheter, a fistula and a graft. Decisions have to made swiftly and sometimes the patient is shoved into things without knowing which is best or the pros and cons of each.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 05:11:33 PM »

For those who are just being diagnosed, "How Vital the Kidneys Are?"  We found this out through out the whole process.  They are so vital to your body.  They do alot more than the heart, lungs or liver.  They do It All.  Without them, no other organ will sustain.  They keep every organ going.  What you eat and drink, all goes through the kidneys.  It is the most functional organ in the Body.  Without Dialysis, all other organs will give out.

I don't know if this helps, but we would have taken things more seriously had we known from the start, but then again, maybe not!

lmunchkin
 :kickstart;

P.S. It would be nice to educate before people are diagnosed.  Looking back, I wish I had taken a class in anatomy, but back in them days, school was the farthest from my mind!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:13:41 PM by lmunchkin » Logged

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »