I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 11:23:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  The Secret
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Secret  (Read 5639 times)
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« on: February 20, 2007, 06:22:26 AM »

Have you heard of "The Secret"? It's been on Oprah... and I find it very interesting. I think I am going to apply it to my life, and see what happens. For those that do not know what I am talking about: www.thesecret.tv  or www.explorethesecret.com  it basically has to do with the Laws Of Attraction and those type of things.

"What you put out, you get back." Example... You put out negative energy, you will get negative energy back to you. You put out positive energy, you get positive energy back.  My sister-in-law heard about this before me, before it was on Oprah.. and she applied it to her horrible life, her life has completely turned around. Coincedence? I don't believe in Coincedences.... everything happens for a reason, and what you type of energy you put, is a big part of it all. Everything in this world is ENERGY. We are made from energy, this computer we type on, made from energy... EVERYTHING comes from energy. It's only natural what type of energy you put out in the world, will come back to you.

Opinions? Thoughts? :)

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 01:25:11 PM »

I dont know that as "the secret"  that is known as Karma....  :2thumbsup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:51:33 PM »

:angel;        I have always known it as .... Karma. When i was young , if I was mean to someone, my mum would say..."Karma is going to get you!"

She was usually right I would get it right back.   >:D

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 02:10:36 PM »

OMG now I know why I'm on dialysis!!     :-\

thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 03:15:18 PM »

i've always believed our only reason for being here is do help others. what goes around comes around., it has never been a secret.what is done for others without expecation of return always comes back in the most unexpected ways,

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
andrea_c

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 06:01:08 PM »

I heard that too on Oprah and hope to get the book soon.  But you know everything old is new again. Sometimes though we need to hear it in a different way to really hear it. I think of the emotional slump I am in right now and know that I need to revamp certain thinking to change.

"We are continually faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insolvable problems"
John Gardner
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 06:04:41 PM »

I agree adrea.. sometimes we need a new prespective. I also am going to get the book... I want to hear alot more about it, and I find it very interesting. I will keep everyone posted on what it does for my life once I get the book and understand it a lot more. :)

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 06:06:57 PM »

I heard that too on Oprah and hope to get the book soon.  But you know everything old is new again. Sometimes though we need to hear it in a different way to really hear it. I think of the emotional slump I am in right now and know that I need to revamp certain thinking to change.

Suggestive thinking is the key. Have you ever seen someones mood change according to the general mood in a room, and how easy it is to change the mood with humor or just being positive? Same thing but within yourself.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 06:08:51 PM »

A very religious person asked how would this applyu to them if they follow the bible? In the bible it says "The Kingdom is within yourself".

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 09:03:47 PM »

The three fold Law states what you put out you get back three fold.  Put out good things, then they come back, put out bad and guess what happens...

Hmmmmm......What does my life tell you about my previous lives?  Hmmmm.....

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 09:06:07 PM »

A very religious person asked how would this applyu to them if they follow the bible? In the bible it says "The Kingdom is within yourself".

Where does it say that?   Chapter - Verse

Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 09:16:07 PM »

The three fold Law states what you put out you get back three fold.  Put out good things, then they come back, put out bad and guess what happens...

Hmmmmm......What does my life tell you about my previous lives?  Hmmmm.....

:bow;      :bow;               That I killed a few hundred Chinamen.... and so did my ancestors.... and maybe a few black cats... the list must go on and on!      :banghead;    :P

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 09:16:34 PM »

Where does it say that?   Chapter - Verse

Luke 17:21

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 09:16:54 PM »

The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there?! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Christianity
Luke 17:20
King James Version

If you think the Law is outside yourself, you are embracing not the absolute Law but some inferior teaching.
Buddhism
Maja writings of Nichinen Daishonion
Vol. 1, pg.3-5

he Superior Man seeks within himself. The inferior man seeks within others.
Confucianism
Analects 15:20

Bright but hidden, the Self dwells in the heart.
 Everything that moves, breathes, opens, and closes
 Lives in the Self. He is the source of love
 And may be known through love but not through thought.
 He is the goal of life. Attain this goal!

The shining Self dwells hidden in the heart.
Everything in the cosmos, great and small,
Lives in the Self. He is the source of life,
Truth beyond the transience of this world.
He is the goal of life. Attain this goal!

Hinduism
Mundaka Upanishad 2.2.1-2

Not a very secret Secret!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 08:18:40 PM »

Its just called The Secret cause so many people have never thought of it this way. Its not really a "secret".

Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 08:35:26 PM »

On TV they are advertising The Secret for $29.95.
Probably a video or casette or cd or something like that.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
George Jung

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 02:39:51 PM »

If you like what "The Secret" is about you may also be interested in some reading about Buddism.  I saw most of that Oprah show and it made me think about some of the Reading I have been doing.  "An Open Heart: Practicing Compassion in Everyday Life" is one of many books by/about the Dali Lama.  This man is amazing and a truly compassionate person.  If this world were comprised of his way of thinking.....Oh what a wonderful place it would be.  I am Catholic by default but over the past few years I have been reading and learning about Buddism.  Even if you were only to take one aspect or idea away from  the Buddhist beliefs, I think you would be a better person.  Anyone else into Buddism or writings from/about the Dali Lama?  Karma is not instantaneous, contrary to popular western belief.  You will not experience true karma until the next life.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 03:29:27 PM »

I personally dont believe in Buddism.

George Jung

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 03:49:50 PM »

You say that seemingly bold/contempt?  If you know much about it then you would then you would know that you don't have to give up your beliefs.  I guess that also means you don't like "The Secret"?  I mean you didn't even mention it.  It's perfectly normal to fear what we don't understand.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 06:11:02 PM »

I did mention "The Secret" I am the one who started this thread. :D

I never said I had to give up my beliefs... I just said I don't believe in Buddism, me myself personally. I have nothing against anyone who does. :)

I also dont fear any other religions, I believe in my own things and dont have a "religion", like a classified religion I guess.. I dont label myself "Catholic, or Christian, or Buddist, or Jewish" and so on. I just have beliefs of things I believe in, from all different religions, and have gathered them myself and read over them, and chose to believe the things I wanted to believe. I know am in the process of waiting for my new book "The Secret" to arrive, and once I read over it, I will take many things from I already have come to believe from just hearing them, I bought the book to be able to read more into it.

nextnoel

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 07:36:55 AM »

Anyone else into Buddism or writings from/about the Dali Lama? 

Yes!  I find it very calming and instructive and inspiring to read his works.  I was fortunate enough to see him at Constitution Hall a couple years back, and it was amazing that even in a crowd, you had the feeling he was truly connected to you.  He is a man of kindness and compassion, and the world could certainly profit by following his example!
www.dalailama.com

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
George Jung

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 08:12:13 AM »

Well I hate to tell you, but if you "buy into" what "The Secret" says about putting energy out to achieve positive results then you are buying into a buddist belief.
I know you started the thread but you made a reply to my post as if you had not.  I never asked "who believes in Buddism?". 
Good for you and anyone else for wanting to be active in making a better life for yourself.  I have no doubt you will accomplish that.  Best of luck, and let us know what else you learn from your readings.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 08:30:19 AM »

Anyone else into Buddism or writings from/about the Dali Lama? 

You asked if anyone was into Buddism. Not who believed in it.. I just mentioned I didn't believein the whole Buddism thing. I may believe in some of it's beliefs, but there not really Buddist beliefs since they were beliefs before Buddism was around. (As far as what I read so far.)
I dont believe in most of Buddism beliefs such as there whole "god" and "reincarnation", and so on.

Anyways... great discussion.  :2thumbsup;

George Jung

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 09:38:24 AM »

It is a good discussion.  Should we start a new thread?
It is my understanding that Buddhists don't have a "god" per say.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 09:54:50 AM »

Yes I know thats why I was saying there belief in "god" or lack-thereof... hehe, I should of clarrified.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »