I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2024, 04:20:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  fistulas, stents, and birthdays, oh my!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: fistulas, stents, and birthdays, oh my!  (Read 2222 times)
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« on: November 19, 2012, 01:20:59 PM »

I had a fistulagram the day before my bday... they put in a stent. they said my fistula isnt looking too hot. they really should consider completely knocking us out for that. ouch. Some of the swelling has already gone down, i can already almost see my wrist again lol

this was my bday weekend, its completely normal for me to have something medical going on around that time, ive had an appendectomy, pneumonia countless times, so what makes this year any different? nothing LOL i had a fever (still do) and felt like crap allll weekend, also the fistulagram.

For my birthday, my brother made me som Indian food, and it was sooo good. I was such a bad girl, those samosas were entirely too delicious.
then my bfs grandma made ham and beans with fried potatos for dinner sunday (yum, but wow on the bad factor!) but hey it was my bday, i can do that right? :P
i slept a lot, didnt really do anything besides the eating lol and finishing up the secret santa stuff

im 29 this year, hard to believe sometimes. i still feel like im 5, or 16 or something, other times i feel 99.

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
jeannea
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:31:21 AM »

Happy Birthday! Glad you had some good food. Sounds yummy. Hope they can help your fistula. Hang in there.
kiddogal

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 08:48:01 AM »

Happy Birthday too!!!! :birthday;  I know what you mean about always being in the hosptial on holidays or birthdays.  I am not on dialysis but my husband is.   Seems like spend Christmas or Thanksgiving in hospital or their emergency departments. (He was in the hospital Christmas of 96 waiting for a heart transplant, the next Christmas he was in the hospital as he had a car accident on Christmas Eve!) This Wednesday hubby is having his thyroid removed, which means a one night hospital stay, so Thanksgiving morning we will both be at the hospital, then either dialsysis there or at the treatment center.  Just another normal holiday for us!!! :)  and yes, you can eat the "bad" stuff once in a while!!!  :clap;
MightyMike

Why do bad things always happen to good people?

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »

Happy birthday...I know how you feel I spent a thanks giving and two birthdays in a row in the hospital it sucked.  Hope all is well. Best wishes.

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
   -Walter Bagehot
==========================
December 2003 diagnosed with IgA Nephropathy 80% Function.
October 2004 started In-Center Hemo Dialysis Perma-Cath 5% Function.
September 2005 Living Related Donor (Mother) Transplant.
March 2009 Diagnosed CKD and IgA Nephropathy.
August 2009 Upper Left Arm Fistula.
November 2009 started In-Center Hemo Dialysis.
December 2010 started Home Hemo Dialysis.
January 2012 went back to In-Center Hemo Dialysis.
MommyChick

Me & my precious Miracle !!!

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 09:02:09 PM »

:birthday;

~ Hello All, My names Marna ~

- 1995 - 12 yrs old found out my kidneys were both failing
- 1996 - Dec. 3 I received my 1st kidney transplant at age 13, after 7/mths on the waiting list
- 2005 - In Aug. transplant failed after 9.5 years, had to have a nephrectomy due to being very ill & massive hypertension
           - End of Aug. 1st time on dialysis
- 2006 - Had my fistula placed & ready to go
- 2010 - My little Miracle was born 6/mths into the pregnancy, weighing 2.4 lbs & 13.25 in long
          - Found out my PRA is 100% & I have antibodies that CAN'T be decreased
- 2013 - Oct. 2nd  *** I finally received my kidney!!! ***
          - Dec. 3rd I had 3.5 parathyroids removed, due to them interfering w/my new kidney.
jessicalynn42

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 09:12:03 AM »

Well Happy birthday. Glad you got some good food.  :birthday;   :yahoo;
 I do understand the hospitol on holidays. I started dialysis 2 days before christmas was back in the hospitol for new years (bloodpressure way to high) my birthday i spent in the hospitol as well all in 2 months.  LOL but it wasnt all bad im still alive and that is what counts

fistula installed 2010
incenter hemodialysis 2010
No catherder ever
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 09:19:49 AM »

:bestwishes;   :birthday; 

dialysis.sucks

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 04:19:04 AM »

Happy Birthday! and I can totally relate. The past three years, with this year so far, so good, Ive gone into the hospital between Thanksgiving and my birthday. Nothing worse than being two weeks into a hospital visit on your birthday after spending the holiday there. Last year I got out at 11pm Dec 23rd and only because I basically told them Im not doing Christmas in the hospital :D
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »