I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2024, 12:20:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  bulges
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bulges  (Read 1593 times)
sullidog
Elite Member

« on: November 12, 2012, 02:11:06 PM »

I'm a bit concerned, I have 2 bulges in my graft, one is just above my elbow, then I have one that is in the middle of my graft, the one in the middle feels more like a skin bubble and I can't really tell but it feels like it's in the skin itself more so then in the graft. The one above the elbow is where they did my previous fistulagram. I mentioned them to the surgeon during my last fistulagram which was done on Friday 11/2 he said they were caused by the pressure from the stenosises that were in the graft which he opened, he said they should go down but it's been two weeks and they still haven't been going down, I will have him look at them during my follow-up but I'm wondering if anyone has any idea if they are anurisms forming or something else? Both bulges palsate, and the skin bubble like thing has a little scab on the front side of it.
outside the bulges the graft has a nice thrill/bruit and works fine on the machine.

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
amanda100wilson
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 04:40:04 PM »

I wouldcefinately contact your vascular surgeon ASAP.  I don't knowa huge amount about grafts, but the scab and the pulsating do not sound good.  it may be nothing to be worried about but at least you can put your mind at rest.

ESRD 22 years
  -PD for 18 months
  -Transplant 10 years
  -PD for 8 years
  -NxStage since October 2011
Healthy people may look upon me as weak because of my illness, but my illness has given me strength that they can't begin to imagine.

Always look on the bright side of life...
Traveller1947

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 07:31:26 AM »

I have the same situation with my graft, sullidog.  Except for making sure that no one tries to cannulate the places that bulge, I don't worry about it.  The material of the graft is very thin where pressure has caused it to balloon out and sticking it would cause a tear and a geyser of blood.  All the best to you, as always.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »