I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2024, 02:29:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Question About Fever
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question About Fever  (Read 1729 times)
Kong

« on: November 04, 2012, 05:10:38 AM »

I have only had two hemo treatments so far and after both I get a slight temperature a few hours after treatment. I have laid under a ceiling fan for a couple hours and it goes away. The fever isn't like I'm sick, just hot.
I have been reading about it this morning and got all kinds of answers. One is I might be allergic to the dialyzer, another says the machine cools your blood so the body gets a fever to regulate your temp, and the nurse at the center says I could be dehydrated.
Now I come to ask the experts, have any of you experienced this and what caused it for you?
bevvy5

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 07:01:35 AM »

Sorry that I can't help you.  Just wanted to give a word of encouragement - starting hemo can be tough on a lot of levels.

Greg used to feel cold after dialysis in centre.  Now that he's home and nocturnal, he flops back into bed and goes back to sleep!!  So I can't answer your questoin but I'm sure someone will.

Hang in there!!
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 06:16:44 PM »

I use to but not anymore, but some people will have a slite one, and I do feel cold after dialysis, as far as the fever thing goes not sure why as I never asked that question because since it was so slite me nor my d staff didn't worry about it.

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
Kong

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 07:41:25 AM »

I use to but not anymore, but some people will have a slite one, and I do feel cold after dialysis, as far as the fever thing goes not sure why as I never asked that question because since it was so slite me nor my d staff didn't worry about it.
The staff at my clinic seem not to be worried about it either. I am worried because I go for D today and have surgery in the morning tomorrow. I am afraid that if I go to the hospital with a fever that they might postpone the surgery and I'm really looking forward to getting this over with.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »