I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Blessings to Us
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blessings to Us  (Read 5836 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: February 18, 2007, 06:22:13 PM »

Have you all noticed when it rains around here it pours?  When something goes wrong in a dialysis patient's life, it seems everything else that can go wrong can. I read about people's lives here and I am just stunned.

I think we need to start a blessing or light train of thought for everyone. I will begin.

My prayers go to everyone on this site.  I send light to each and everyone of you around the world in a blaze of wondrous inner light!  Blessing to all and may your lessons this year be soft ones.

I have changed the title of this post. It is mor appropriate to what we are saying here.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 10:53:26 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 07:34:48 PM »

"May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the rain fall gentle upon your fields.
and until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of his hand"
                                 Irish Blessing

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 08:09:32 PM »

May you all find strength when things start to go negatively
and may you find the support and resources just in the nick of time! :grouphug;

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 09:18:16 PM »

"May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the rain fall gentle upon your fields.
and until we meet again
May God hold you in the palm of his hand"
                                 Irish Blessing

I hadn't heard this since my Mums funeral way back in 1995  :'(

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
mcjane

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 10:25:53 PM »

When a dark day happens & you feel no one cares or understands come here & talk about it.  Siomeone will always be here to listen, comfort & encourage you.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 11:23:19 PM »

May God, in all of his infinite wisdom, give you what you need, not what you want!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
bluedove57

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 04:46:27 PM »

May the God of our creation pour down His blessings on everyone in dialysis.
May He grant you courage, strength, wisdom and a positive attitude always.
He is by your side and won't leave you.
Just remember He loves you even when we don't understand what is going on. :D
stauffenberg
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 05:37:36 PM »

It doesn't make sense to me that a Creator of the universe, if there were one, would make the structures of the universe in such a way as to permit hideous things to happen, but then at the same time be eager to conduct special interventions to help those caught by the traps he had just built into the system himself! 

I was on a plane en route to the Dominican Republic once and it looked as if the plane were losing power and about to crash.  All the religious people on board started screaming and praying out loud, but I opened a book and began reading.  My wife, sitting next to me, asked me why I wasn't praying, and I said, "Well, we're all on the same airplane, so their prayers can't be answered without saving me as well!"  That was when the pilot regained control.
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 06:00:22 PM »

Have you all noticed when it rains around here it pours?  When something goes wrong in a dialysis patient's life, it seems everything else that can go wrong can. I read about people's lives here and I am just stunned.

I think we need to start a blessing or light train of thought for everyone. I will begin.

My prayers go to everyone on this site.  I send light to each and everyone of you around the world in a blaze of wondrous inner light!  Blessing to all and may your lessons this year be soft ones.
People Touch Our Lives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People important to you, people unimportant to you, cross your life, touch it with love and carelessness, and move on. There are people that leave you, and you breathe a sigh of relief, and you wonder why you ever came in contact with them. There are people who leave, and you breathe a sigh of remorse, and wonder why they had to go and leave such a gaping hole.

Children leave parents, friends leave friends, acquaintances move on. You think on the many who have moved into your life with hazy memory. You look on those present and wonder.

I believe in God’s master plan for our lives.

People move in and out of each other’s lives, and each leaves his mark on the other. You find you are made up of bits and pieces of all who have touched your life, and you are more because of it, and you would be less if they had not touched you.

Pray to God that you can accept the bits and pieces in humility and wonder, and never question, and never regret.

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
bluedove57

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 06:13:15 PM »

It rains and pours on the just and unjust. Choices in life are the traps we set for ourselves. The Creator just makes a way for us to get out of the traps. That's what having a choice is all about.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 07:07:17 PM »

"Well, we're all on the same airplane, so their prayers can't be answered without saving me as well!"

:clap;

I adore a practical man!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

stauffenberg
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 11:20:19 AM »

If the creator wants to make a way for us to get out of traps, my advice to him is to create a world which has no traps in the first place and where the choices are not between a patient dying of gangrene or sawing his withered leg off, but between chocolate ice cream or vanilla.
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 12:49:40 PM »

God never gives any trials that can't be handled. There is always a way. There is no point to a world where nothing ever goes wrong. We wouldn't learn anything.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 02:21:48 PM »

Just remember everyone, after the rain comes the sunshine and a rainbow,  If God brings us to it, He will get us through it... ;) ;)   

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
billoggblog

You Dialyse to Live....You Don't live to Dialyse!

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 07:17:34 PM »

Someone once told me "You must have been bad in a previous life", but, I said "Yeah, but the next one's going to be brilliant"
Bill.

Yesterday is History..........Tomorrow is Mystery..........
Today is a Gift...That's why they call it Present.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 08:02:58 PM »

Just remember everyone, after the rain comes the sunshine and a rainbow,  If God brings us to it, He will get us through it... ;) ;)   
That reminds me of something I used to say as a kid: You need both the rain (the bad) and the sun (the good) to make a rainbow (life as we live it).  Meaning you can't have one with out the other and we need both to appreciate what we do have!

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 10:54:32 PM »

I just wish soft lessons upon us all for the next year.

lifenotonthelist.com

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 01:50:56 PM »

I am thankful that God is not just a dispassionate Creator - He became man, and went through everything we go through and more.  He experienced the good, the bad and the ugly as Jesus Christ.  Now it is up to us to make the right choice - He gave us free will.  We can choose to believe on Jesus Christ, and thus make sense of this otherwise senseless world.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 02:42:37 PM »

I am thankful that God is not just a dispassionate Creator - He became man, and went through everything we go through and more.  He experienced the good, the bad and the ugly as Jesus Christ.  Now it is up to us to make the right choice - He gave us free will.  We can choose to believe on Jesus Christ, and thus make sense of this otherwise senseless world.
Can I get an AMEN?
Amen!

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Earlinda

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »

It rains and pours on the just and unjust. Choices in life are the traps we set for ourselves. The Creator just makes a way for us to get out of the traps. That's what having a choice is all about.

Bluedove that is the most beautiful and senseable way I have ever heard this said.  I know that some of the choices I have made in this life have not been the best ones.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »