I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 10:23:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Headline Predictions for November 5, 2008?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Headline Predictions for November 5, 2008?  (Read 3182 times)
Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« on: February 17, 2007, 11:19:33 AM »

It seems like 2008 came early this year. Is anyone else a political junkie like me? I know it is a political eternity until the November 2008 elections but does anyone have any predictions for the headlines on Wednesday November 5, 2008?

Let me just say that I am historically nearly always exactly wrong in my predictions, but that doesn't stop me from throwing a guess out.

First prediction: A sitting Senator will not be Elected president.

If you've followed politics for a while - last 20 years - you'll remember that often Senators start out as front runners but in the end they always get tripped up by being too ... too, um Senatorial?. There is a historic exception of course - JFK - but as I am sure Bigsky would point out JFK had the Daley machine "delivering" votes in 1960, I'm not sure if any of today's candidates has a similar ace up their sleeves - unless may be Diebold for McCain  ;)

That doesn't mean a Senator wont be their party's nominee just that no sitting Senator will win.

So my prediction for 11/5/08 headline:
     America Calls do Over
     Gore: 327 Electoral Votes McCain: 211

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
mrhecht

Where's my Starbucks?

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 11:51:38 AM »

I am nowhere near being a political junkie, but here's my prediction for the November ticket.....

Guiliani-McCain VS. Clinton-Obama (Ok I know THAT Democratic line-up is virtually an impossibility!)

And if Gore does indeed run (Perhaps rather than a poll, they'll just use the movie's stats as an indicator?) then a Democratic ticket of
Gore-Clinton?......nah, she'd NEVER run 2nd fiddle, would she.........

peace............marian
CAPD 1989 to 1992
HD 1992 to 2007
2007 Back to PD;  CCPD...18 years & counting!

Real danger is the refusal to consider another option.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 10:22:27 AM »

Who's tallest?  The tallest candidate almost always wins.  Weird but true!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 10:32:09 AM »

Who's tallest?  The tallest candidate almost always wins.  Weird but true!

Not so.  Bush Jr. beat both Gore and Kerry who were taller than him.

Also Carter beat Ford who was taller.

meadowlandsnj

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 02:01:32 PM »

It seems like 2008 came early this year. Is anyone else a political junkie like me? I know it is a political eternity until the November 2008 elections but does anyone have any predictions for the headlines on Wednesday November 5, 2008?

I don't know if Guiliani will make it that far.  He does have a checkered past with divorce and scandals that might not sit too well with the bible thumpers and Conservatives out in Middle America. You're going to have a lot of people just itching to crawl out of the woodwork who had a tough time with him  when he was mayor of NYC.  You have a lot of people in NYC politics who will do their best to see him not make it.  My personal opinion of him is that I truly like him as a person and a political force.  He did a lot to clean up NYC after it became a cesspool in the 80's under the Dinkins administration.  He cleaned up a lot of corruption and did a lot of good and he's shown himself to have the 'ahem' balls to do what has to be done despite who's feet he's stepping on.  He's not afraid of anyone which is a good quality but he's also hard to work with--he demands perfection from himself and everybody around him.   :2thumbsup;
I just don't see Obama going too far.  He's too young and too inexperienced. I like him, I think he has integrity and character but is middle America ready for him? Hillary has a whole political machine she runs so she's in for sure.  But will she pick Obama or John Edwards as her running mate?  With Edwards she plays it safe-- middle aged, good looking family man with a strong political background who is used to politics and it's games. 
I like McCain also.  I always thought he was a good man who just keeps missing the boat every time.  It's like he chokes in the last quarter. 
I hope Gore doesn't even think to run again.  Been there, done that.
Same for Kerry.  The Democrats will lose if one of these two are the picks. 
I am an Independent voter, always was since I first registered in 1980.  I have voted in every election since then. 

Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 05:07:42 PM »

I just hope they don't read president Hillary Clinton.

I wouldn't mind seeing President Condoleeza Rice
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 06:28:41 PM »

I just hope they don't read president Hillary Clinton.

I wouldn't mind seeing President Condoleeza Rice

:2thumbsup; :2thumbsup;

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 06:43:12 PM »

I nominate Dr. Phil :P   Sheeeit, i dare ANYONE go against this guy ;)   lol

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 08:19:51 PM »

I do like Dr. Phil-lol!

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 09:01:33 PM »

Oprah for PREZ!  LOL

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »