I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2024, 06:11:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  So...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So...  (Read 2253 times)
ChrisEtc

« on: July 25, 2012, 02:33:43 AM »

With some of the very sad things being posted lately I wanted to post a positive accomplishment!  I've been in D for about a year and a half and like most people I'm sure I've gotten progressively weaker as I got sicker and began dialysis.  I've been working very hard to increase my endurance and tonight I did 3.5 miles in 45 minutes on the treadmill!  I'm exhausted but very pleased with myself!    :yahoo;

Somebody smile!   :waving;
Sue

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 04:17:13 AM »

:clap;

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Joe
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:00:33 AM »

That is excellent Chris!  :2thumbsup;

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God...
Cordelia
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 06:10:18 AM »

Awesome!!!! Congrats!      :yahoo;

I look at the positive, too.  I'm thankful I'm alive. If it weren't for dialysis, I wouldn't be here to enjoy watching my kids grow up!

Another positive thing about dialysis for me is that I've lost the weight I needed to. Before D, I could never lose weight no matter how hard I tried.  Starting Dialysis has been good in that sense.....so D has done a lot of good for me.

As much as D is a pain in the butt, I must admit I've had some positive things come out of it.

Also, I've met some pretty fantastic people in the last two years of D. Had my health never failed me, I would have never met the fantastic people I've met.

I have learned to take a negative thing and turn it into a positive.      :)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:12:25 AM by Cordelia » Logged

Diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease at age 19.
Renal Failure at age 38 (2010) came about 2 hrs close to dying. Central line put in an emergency.
Began dialysis on Aug 15, 2010.
Creatine @ time of dialysis: 27. I almost died.
History of High Blood Pressure
I have Neuropathy and Plantar Fasciitis in My Feet
AV Fistula created in Nov. 2011, still buzzing well!
Transplanted in April, 2013. My husband and I participated in the Living Donor paired exchange program. I nicknamed my kidney "April"
Married 18 yrs,  Mom to 3 kids to twin daughters (One that has PKD)  and a high-functioning Autistic son
Whamo
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 06:29:51 AM »

Way to go!   :thumbup; :thumbup; :thumbup; :thumbup; :thumbup; :thumbup; :thumbup; :thumbup; :thumbup; :thumbup; :thumbup; :bow; :bow; :bow; :bow; :bow; :bow; :bow; :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 09:06:07 AM »

:clap; :clap; :clap;  Hurray, Chris!

And thanks for reminding me to get my fanny moving on my own treadmill!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

MommyChick

Me & my precious Miracle !!!

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 09:18:46 AM »

Way to go Chris !!  :cheer: My exercise is chasing my 1.5 year old around the house, haha

I know with D everyone can have those downer days. I on the other hand try to always see the positive...
- D has giving me a chance to live..school, marriage, family, etc..
- I have been blessed to have my hubby by my side since my transplant failed in 2005.
- I also was giving the awesome son who is healthy & I can watch grow up.
- met a lot awesome people over my 7 yrs on D (patients & techs).
- Have been able to help people dealing with the same situations as me.
Even though times can be hard God has always been by my side helping me though each day & I'm very thankful for that  :2thumbsup;

~ Hello All, My names Marna ~

- 1995 - 12 yrs old found out my kidneys were both failing
- 1996 - Dec. 3 I received my 1st kidney transplant at age 13, after 7/mths on the waiting list
- 2005 - In Aug. transplant failed after 9.5 years, had to have a nephrectomy due to being very ill & massive hypertension
           - End of Aug. 1st time on dialysis
- 2006 - Had my fistula placed & ready to go
- 2010 - My little Miracle was born 6/mths into the pregnancy, weighing 2.4 lbs & 13.25 in long
          - Found out my PRA is 100% & I have antibodies that CAN'T be decreased
- 2013 - Oct. 2nd  *** I finally received my kidney!!! ***
          - Dec. 3rd I had 3.5 parathyroids removed, due to them interfering w/my new kidney.
cdwbrooklyn

Positive Thoughts equal Positive Energy

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 11:35:48 AM »

:2thumbsup;

Dailysis patient for since 1999 and still kicking it strong.  I was called for a transplant but could not get it due to damage veins from extremely high blood pressure.  Have it under control now, on NxStage System but will receive dailysis for the rest of my life.  Does life sucks because of this.  ABOLUTELY NOT!  Life is what you make it good, bad, sick, or healthy.  Praise God I'm still functioning as a normal person just have to take extra steps.
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 05:09:36 PM »

I know how hard it would be for John to do that, so definately CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER!!!

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
Rain

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 08:21:25 AM »

- Dialysis has let me live... and realize that we should live every day to the fullest.
- before dialysis my career was my life,  since D. I have discovered hobbies that I never thought i would be interested in like cooking, photography, and reading.
- Dialysis also makes me work out.  The most frustrating thing for me before D and when i started was I got weaker.  Being an atheletic person that frustrated me to no end.  I didn't like being weak and tired.  So slowly I started working out and trying different things to see what works for me.  I still can't run the 5km but I could do other stuff like bike 30  km, swim, etc that I feel great.

1988  Diagnosed with reflux and kidney damage
2006-  Diagnosed with Renal Failure and start dialysis in centre with catheter
2007- Fistula created and in centre hemo with fistula
2012- Fistula clotted and central line inserted
May 2014- Received Kidney from deceased donor
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »