I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:21:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  FMC, whats up?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FMC, whats up?  (Read 5414 times)
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« on: July 09, 2012, 11:25:38 AM »

We just got back from Clinic & seeing Neph.  Much to our surprise, half the staff was all new!  No familiar faces anymore.  We asked, but new people saying nothing.

We ask Neph who is directly connected to DCI, but has seen John even though he goes to Frescenius.  She says she really doesnt know and even if she did she is not at liberty to discuss it. Dah, I knew that when John asked.

Here a few months back my NxStage training nurse left & a dingy one took his place (but we lived through her): then the dietitian & SW left.  Today, we went in and NxStage manager left and has been replaced, bunch of new nurses are in place.  I bet the dingy one (who is really a sweet person) left too, but no one is saying a thing!

We noticed no patients for PD or NxStage were there for appt's.  We are really wondering now?  Im not worried though, cause we can always go through DCI, but we have been with FMC forever and really have been pleased with the care he gets.

Anyone else with FMC seeing turnovers and if so, know what is up?

lmunchkin :kickstart;

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
Annig83

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 06:03:06 PM »

I haven't seen any in my area (Indianapolis).  I know there's a lot of "re-vamping" in terms of how FMC delivers supplies, changing the way PD bags work (for Liberty Cycler), etc.  Maybe people are just not liking changes  (if any) at the administrative level?  I know when I worked in the Mental Health field, adminstrative issues was the number one cause why case managers quit...I'm sure the neph. medical field has similiar politics and issues with staff becoming burnt out?  Hope you don't have to switch!! :waving;

*~Annie~*
Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
Arnold Bennett
Even though I have gone through so much with ESRD, my son is my inspiration to keep going.  He was delievered at 28 weeks weighing 1 lb 12 oz and today he is a fun-loving 1 year old, whom I love with all my heart!

Diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome Age 13- 1996 Unknown Cause. 35% functioning of both kidneys.
Stable until Age 27; complications with pregnancy, loss of 25% function. (Current functioning is between 5-7%).
December 3, 2010- PD Catheter Placed on Left Side
March 2011- PD Catheter Removal (Due to malfunction)
April 2011- PD Catheter Placement on Right Side
April 2011- Surgery to adjust Catheter and "tacking of fatty tissue"
May 2011- CCPD Started
October 2012- Infection of PD catheter.  PD Cath. removal surgery. Perma-Cath. Placed for Hemodialysis.
Hemodialysis started October 12, 2012.
January 16 2013- First Fistula
On Transplant List in Indiana, awaiting 1st Transplant at IU Health in Indianapolis.
boswife
Elite Member

us and fam easter 2013

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 06:30:41 PM »

well, we were RAI and now Davita (dont know how it's spelled though i've seen it so many times) Before THAT switch, i saw LOTS of changes employee wize.  So long as We keep our neph, we're cool, and even if they switched that, well, we'ed still have our neph to see..(right now,  He just happens to be the 'center' neph so that was cool. )  I sure hope all this is for the good not bad...   

im a california wife and cargiver to my hubby
He started dialysis April 09
We thank God for every day we are blessed to have together.
november 2010, patiently (ha!) waiting our turn for NxStage training
January 14,2011 home with NxStage
smcd23

The patient, the baby and the donor - October 2010

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 08:22:16 PM »

The home therapies nurse at our FMC clinic left right after Tony started PD because she was not happy with the liberty cycler and other issues within the organization. I am sure there are things happening behind the scenes that are driving some of the departures.

Caregiver to Husband with ESRD.

1995 - Diagnosed with vesicoureteral reflux and had surgery to repair at age 11. Post surgery left side still had Stage I VUR, right side was okay. Both sides were underdeveloped.
2005 - Discovered renal function was declining, causing HBP. Regular monitoring began.

March 2008 - Started transplant evaluation for preemptive transplant due to declining function.

September 16, 2008 - Transplanted with my kidney.
September 18, 2008 - Kidney was removed due to thrombosis in the vessels in and leading to the kidney.

October 2008 - Listed in Region I

May 2009 - Started in Center Hemo
January 2010 - Started CCPD on Liberty Cycler

June 15, 2012 - Kidney transplant from a 43 year old deceased donor
June 22, 2012 - Major acute rejection episode and hospitalization began
June 27, 2012 - Nephrectomy to remove kidney after complete HLA antibody rejection. Possibly not eligible for another transplant, ever again.

Now what?
sullidog
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »

no, but I've seen staff alternate centers, like one day here one day there, etc. but I think that's what they've always done.

May 13, 2009, went to urgent care with shortness of breath
May 19, 2009, went to doctor for severe nausea
May 20, 2009, admited to hospital for kidney failure
May 20, 2009, started dialysis with a groin cath
May 25, 2009, permacath was placed
august 24, 2009, was suppose to have access placement but instead was admited to hospital for low potassium
august 25, 2009, access placement
January 16, 2010 thrombectomy was done on access
gothiclovemonkey
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »

I just switched to a center and its all travelers. They said its because people weren't doing their jobs.

"Imagine how important death must be to have a prerequisite such as life" Unknown
HemoDialysis since 2007
TX listed 8/1/11 inactive
LISTED ACTIVE! 11/14/11 !!!
Dman73

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 11:37:33 AM »

Whatever the reason for all the turnover at in-center dialysis units it just adds stress & uncertainty to the D lifestyle that the patient's really don't need. Over the last five years these D corporation's stock has gone up 300%. 

hd 73
tx  87
hd 01

by the yard life is hard by the inch it's a cinch...
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 08:36:43 PM »

i've been at the same fmc center for 7 years, it's always been a revolving door. it's the nature of the beast.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
lmunchkin
Elite Member

"There Is No Place Like Home!"

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 08:30:03 PM »

Yeap, its been revolving at our clinic for some time now.  But, the NxStage part has been pretty consistent as of late.  I really wish they would let the Nephs office do our monthly work ups.  I can rely on Tech support for problems with machine! But there again, some would be without a job, and that would not be good at all!

lmunchkin

11/2004 Hubby diag. ESRD, Diabeties, Vascular Disease & High BP
12/2004 to 6/2009 Home PD
6/2009 Peritonitis , PD Cath removed
7/2009 Hemo Dialysis In-Center
2/2010 BKA rt leg & lt foot (all toes) amputated
6/2010 to present.  NxStage at home
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »